Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Raj Thackeray isn't wrong, says Raveena Tandon

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Raj Thackeray isn't wrong, says Raveena Tandon

One look at Raveena Tandon and you know why the mast mast tag doesn't ever seem to leave her. Looking stylish a grey silk shirt and black pants, the actress visited the TOI office for a candid chat. 

Suffering from viral, Raveena enjoyed sipping hot chai and munching on biscuits, even as she said she felt a little 'sedated' with all those antibiotics. Well, if she's so chatty and candid when sedated, we aren't complaining. Excerpts from the chat...

Stay green, Nagpur!
Raveena , who has come to Nagpur earlier, said: "I love Nagpur! The reason is that it remains a place where I would like my children to grow up! Unfortunately, Mumbai has been sold and raped because nobody raised a voice against those who were selling the green areas. I hope Nagpur stays green always!"

Frankly speaking
And what's her take on the latest controversy surrounding Raj Thackeray's statement, wherein he has slammed the Pak singers participating in India reality show Sur Kshetra? "Honestly speaking, Raj Thackeray isn't wrong! There are comic stars who come to India from Pakistanaur wapis jaake hamari vaat lagate hein! Whether it's sending terrorists like Kasab or sending hatred-invoking SMSes, Pakistan has always played dirty. So, what friendship and cultural exchange are we talking about," she said.

'I will be assassinated!'
Seeing that the gutsy gal is so vocal about vital issues, we asked her why doesn't she venture into politics, and she said with a laugh: "My husband Anil says that I will be assassinated if I ever join politics because I can't zip my mouth!"

'Karisma and I'
The actress refuses to join politics. So, ask her if she'll ever write a book, because that's one place where she can freely pen her thoughts! Laughing, she said, "Oh yeah...I am actually waiting to write a book. Lots of people will have nowhere to hide...I can write so much about them!" Speaking of which, quiz her on the times when catfights between her and Karisma were written about at length and she said, "That was long ago, but yeah today we both do look back on the time spent and laugh about it."

Silent Andaz...
As she goes down memory lane, Raveena said, "I wonder how Andaz Apna Apna was made, because nobody was speaking to anybody on the sets. There was no bonhomie!" Giving an example, she said, "In the climax scene, Karisma and I were tied to a pole and it was lunch time. The boys played a prank, left us tied and warned everybody against untying us. While I was perpetually on diet, Karisma was constantly hungry. I could manage to have my juice through a straw with help from the staff. When I asked Lolo if she wanted juice, she just refused! Today, we both look back and laugh and I tell Lolo, "see I was the first to extend a hand of friendship to you!"

'Not a bored housewife'
While the actress is often complimented for doing up her home beautifully, does she have plans to turn designer? "I am an actress and still want to act. I am not yet a bored housewife, who will bring furniture from Dubai and sell it her! Right now I am enjoying being laidback, waking up aaraam se and being actively part of my kids' lives," she said. And is she the strict mom or the pampering kind? To this, she said: "I like to believe that I am a bit of both. I don't want my kids to grow up, look at me and say, "Look Hitler's here!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

filmein nahi to bol hi sahi...but i wonder at the journos they should ask the question related TO raj thackerey, why they need to ask every celeb abt it..

i am sure jaya ji won't answer on this 😆 
Looks like Raveena is suffering from verbal diarrhea.
After reading comments like this, I really wonder how we will progress.
Edited by -Rafa- - 11 years ago
LOL I liked the moopuft Raveena's interview..
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Raveena was always known as someone who speaks her mind... this is nothing new...even though I didn't read the article or have any idea what this topic is about. 
0o0o0o0o0o thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
YES. RAVEENA is RIGHT , bang on -  India isn't safe place today because of these INTRUDERS from pak and they have DONE a lot of DAMAGE already - @@@ EVEN celebs like VEENA MALIK are piece of CRAP - a C grade material. Not worth importing into INDIA -@@ 
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by: --GODFATHER--

YES. RAVEENA is RIGHT , bang on -  India isn't safe place today because of these INTRUDERS from pak and they have DONE a lot of DAMAGE already - @@@ EVEN celebs like VEENA MALIK are piece of CRAP - a C grade material. Not worth importing into INDIA -@@ 

Whoa whoa whoa!! Calm down, Bhai. What damage have the celebs done? I am against foreign imports myself. But if you look at the other side of the coin, they are all professionals working for their money. They get invited by "us" to work. Yeh Raveena aur Raj Thakrey donon hi paagal ho gaye hain.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Shame shame Raveena...shame shame...judging a whole country by the acts of a few...God forbid...i don't want to be judged by the acts of shiv sena and the Thackreys🤢
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by: blue-ice

Shame shame Raveena...shame shame...judging a whole country by the acts of a few...God forbid...i don't want to be judged by the acts of shiv sena and the Thackreys🤢

Aur is baat par aapko Roshan ka salaam!

Raj Thakrey - kaan ughdun aika zara, saheb! Tumchya hrudayat jo jeher bharlela aahe, tyla baaher kadhayla nehami aamcha support gheu naka. Aaami janata aahot. Jar aamchi satakli na, tumchya ghari yeun tumcha vastra haran karu aamhi... Khoop zhaali tumchi lavani aata...
-FSH- thumbnail
well, everyone is entitled to their opinion , but I do not consider Raj Thackerey as a person which is responsible for any political decisions?

There two kinds of people , one which try to resolve issues by positivity and respect, and other which just talk, slam and do not anything expect talk.

Just look at Asha Bhosle , Himesh Reshmyia etc. These people are trying to create peace by actions , where people like Raj only sit on their sofas and talk and create issues and diversity.