Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

What I LOVED: 3rd September 2012

Shalini76 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

What I LOVED: 3rd September 2012

FANTASTIC!

It is worth watching again and again and again and...

(This content is the same as that was on 1st August.)

Performance

Barun, Sanaya and the CVs: *applauds* Wow!! Rocking performance, dialogs, and much thanks for no breaks between the heart-to-heart

The entire team really deserves a standing ovation!

There is no way in the world that any review could do any justice to the sheer sincerity of the emotions portrayed.

Progress Points

1. Arnav-Khushi heart-to-heart

Favorite Scene

Do you need to ask!

Arnav-Khushi heart to heart

Arnav & Khushi

Arnav: Baring His Soul

"I tried. I tried very, very hard. But I'm a failure."

Perhaps for the first time, Arnav has shown someone his gaping wound. For years, he's kept it hidden. His family knew of it, and for his sake, no one ever mentioned anything. Probably for the first time, Arnav has opened his heart to someone. He wanted to see his sister happy and he promised her such. He couldn't have shared it with her. Anjali couldn't have borne his pain.

His mother died because his father cheated her. For years, he's borne the shame and the pain. For years, he's tried to shield his sister from it by making sure he was there for her. He never had anyone for him; he shared his heart with no one.

In fifteen years, someone is listening to Arnav's heart. He's concealed it for fifteen long lonely years. There has been little to no respite to his hurt. He's probably never repeated that incident to anyone. Earlier this day, he'd told his Dadi that it took them a long time to forget what happened. And in a moment's notice, he's facing his worst memory again.

"I was young, but I took courage. I promised my sister that I'd fix everything. We'd be happy again."

And that is what he'd been doing all his life. Everything was his sister - his whole world. He spent his life. He's only happy when he sees his sister happy. He has no dreams of his own. He doesn't have ambitions with his life other than his Di. He doesn't live for himself.

But now, as he sees his sister crying in pain, he feels no strength and no courage to face her. He feels guilty - failing to keep his promise with his sister.

When Mami Ji begins to tell Anjali about the baby, Arnav seems to brace himself. But when she refutes them all, he finds it harder to face her. Anjali finally accepts the truth when she sees Arnav, and then he cannot see her pain anymore. He wants to reach out to her, but he cannot gather the courage.

"I could not do anything. Shyam kept cheating my sister but I couldn't do anything."

The months following his wedding with Khushi must have been torturous for Arnav. He needed to look fine for his sister's sake. He had to live in the same room with someone he thought was cheating his sister. The kind of hatred and disgust he has for his Dad and Shyam, he'd felt the same for her even if briefly.

He equated his Dad with Shyam, and now one sees more clearly why Arnav cannot stand Shyam and wouldn't allow him in the house with Anjali. He dare not knowingly put his sister through what his mother went through.

Perhaps as helpless as he was when bound to a chair when kidnapped! A powerful man who claims to have written his own destiny and in his own words - 'Here I am. I'm a failure, damn it.'

Khushi: Arnav's Strength

Life had been very unkind to Arnav and his sister. Yet, that which he promised his sister - happiness - walked into his life in the form of Khushi. He found her love.

He faced the last trial alone. Is it any wonder why he clings to Khushi? He's found the one person who knows him, understands him, and loves him; the one person who is there with him whether or not he accepts her; the one person for whom now he stands up to anyone; the one whom he calls his own, a part of his life.

Arnav truly made Khushi a part of his life when he shared with her his pain.

When Khushi came out of Anjali's room to call Arnav to Anjali, he refused saying that he couldn't face her and he didn't have the courage.

Khushi knows what Arnav is going through. She comforts him when he tells her about his life. Apparently she's given him strength to comfort Anjali.

Love at a time could've been his weakness, but now it is his strength. And he did not find her on his own. She was given to him. He did everything in his power to fight the fact that he needed her, and alienated her from himself He fought her. Yet, there she is - holding him, comforting him.

It is amazing that Khushi doesn't need to say anything to comfort him. She holds him in her arms, and this man who made her cry, weeps on her shoulder.

One hopes that may no one every take away the only comfort Arnav's had in fifteen years.

The Image Needs to Break

Arnav had an image stamped in his mind - when he saw Khushi and Shyam. It kept him from accepting Khushi for a long time because it flashed in his mind whenever he inclined towards her. When Khushi turned up at the Airport to clarify her name, and then when she turned up at the kidnapper's lair - the image started washing away.

Arnav has an age-old image in his mind - his mother's death.

This image needs to be destroyed too.

If Arnav's father was as innocent as his mother, perhaps, one of the greatest healing for Arnav might be that when someone compares him to his father, he's got nothing to be ashamed of.

Anjali: Nothing Remains

Once again, Anjali prepared for a happy life and ended up with nothing. She convinced herself she'd have her baby and, now with Dadi ji's help, Shyam would be back home.

Now, there is emptiness.

Anjali faced the truth of her loss. She didn't believe anyone until she saw the pain of her loss in her brother's eyes. And then, she was not consolable.

Yet, a greater pain awaits her. She has convinced herself of another lie - that Shyam loves her.

The revelation of Shyam's deceit may either break her or make her.

Some Questions...

... for which there may be no quick answers.

1. Arnav was outside the door when he overheard his mother and father arguing.

Arnav's Mom accused his father that he had an affair. She's herself seen him with 'her'.

Arnav's Dad asked 'With who?' - as thought he was genuinely confused what his wife was talking about. Now, if he was at fault, then he may have been doing a cover up.

If he wasn't at fault, then it is very much possible that just as Arnav misunderstood Khushi when he saw her with Shyam on the terrace, so did his mom.

Arnav may have been inclined to believe his Mom, because as she stated to her husband, that he never loved her.

2. Arnav had limited view of the situation between his parents from outside the door.

He heard a gunshot. Now, I may be mistaken and Arnav might have seen more. (The clippings from the past are still edited, it seems.) She told her husband about what she'd seen and then she moved out of view.

Did his Mom really commit suicide? Or did someone kill her?

3. Arnav told Khushi that his father blamed himself for his wife's death and committed suicide.

Arnav equates his Dad with Shyam.  Now, if Arnav's Dad was as bad as Shyam he wouldn't kill himself out of guilt because his wife killed herself (because he had an affair).  A person like Shyam would have simply mock mourned his dead wife, and then on the pretext of getting a mom for his kids, married the woman he loved.

But if he did kill himself, then he really wasn't Shyam-like. He apparently experienced guilt of which Shyam is (apparently) ignorant.

I wonder if Arnav's misunderstood his Dad too.

4. There wasn't much time difference between the deaths of Arnav's parents. Anjali was still in her wedding clothes when sitting beside her parents' bodies.

Only one gunshot is heard. How did his Dad end his life? How does Arnav know that it was out of guilt? Is it a fact that he knows or has he assumed it?

5. Arnav stated that he found rather late that the woman with whom his Dad was involved had come to his funeral.

Who told him that?

Was it public knowledge that his Dad was cheating on his Mom and with whom (the identity of the woman)? Such stuff isn't usually publicized, but yeah it's not impossible.

6. The woman, who peered from behind her veil, seemed like Garima. Whoever it was, she came with her face covered.

Public shame? Probably.

I wonder if she was afraid for her life too.

If Garima wanted to hide from public shame, it is curious that she'd tell her husband Shashi everything (especially if she'd married him after the incident). She'd want the knowledge of her past to be kept away from the possibility of having a secure and honorable future of a married life.

Following the scandal, she'd have wanted to hide. Garima, on the other hand, told Shashi her side of the story, apparently. Shashi accepts Garima's story.

Shashi, as we have seen, has a rather keen sense of judging people. As of now, it can be believed that he knows that Garima wasn't at fault OR wasn't the only one at fault.

Garima told Shashi that she did not want to lie in the past either - either she had lied, or she'd hidden from telling the truth.

Bua Ji mentions that - suddenly, Garima came into Shashi's life. Perhaps, Shashi married Garima after the Sheesh Mahal tragedy.

If so, Shashi knew of Garima's situation, knew the supposed lie or the hidden truth, and he married her. Why? To protect her? From what? Or Who?

7. What are the chances of a cheating husband meeting his girlfriend in a house was full of his family & guests on his daughter's wedding day - when some of those present actually knew that the woman was his girlfriend?

I'd say yeah there is some chance, if the man is of the same consistency as Shyam.

What are the chances of the woman (possibly Garima) to go to meet her boyfriend who was a married man with two kids, on his daughter's wedding day - when the house was full of his family & guests on his daughter's wedding day - when some of those present actually knew that she was his girlfriend?

I'd say yeah there is some chance, if the woman is of the same consistency as Shyam.

If Arnav's Dad was genuinely confused at being mistaken by his wife (for having an affair) and Garima, was who she is now - oh dear! That complicates stuff!

8. If Arnav's Dad was not involved with any woman, and Arnav's Mom was mistaken - who caused this misunderstanding?

Why do I feel there was a fourth angle involved?

Shyam is the current villain.

Who was the culprit in the past?

Two unknown people - Who is Shyam?

It's happening again!

It was the wedding day for Arnav's sister and tragedy struck.

It was the wedding day for Khushi's sister and tragedy struck.

It was Arnav's and Khushi's wedding day and tragedy struck.

Arnav saw from beyond the door an argument and heard a gunshot. He believes that his Dad and his girlfriend are responsible for his Mom's death.

Arnav saw from beyond the door an argument and he believed that Khushi and Shyam were responsible for cheating Anjali.

There are too many such correlations between the past and the present.

Yes, Arnav it is happening again. The same series of events as in the past are happening again. It's the same old story with new characters.

But last time it happened and it left you broken, hurt and alone.

This time, it happens and things may break. But then those that break, perhaps, need to be broken because those are lies. All that begins in a lie, must end, even if by breaking.

But that which needs to be broken is broken, the truth may finally stand.

So what is the good news?

Arnav's bond with Khushi and their love - is not based on a lie. It is the absolute truth that they both have accepted.

Even if it looks weak, incomplete, non-conformed to society, traditions, et al - it is probably stronger than it seems right now. How do we know?

The promoters of truth may never have taken the battle to the next level with the instigator of lies.

Khushi, dear if you EVER discover the truth about Garima before Arnav does, PLEASE do not make the mistake that you did when you discovered the truth about Shyam.

Arnav, last time you did not believe Khushi very easily. This time if she tells you a truth, believe her.

Others

1. Dadi Ji - it seems - stayed just for calling Shyam, but only for Anjali's sake.

She wasn't a bit happy that Khushi decided to stay back

2. Does anyone know what Arnav's Dad's name was? I'm tired of typing 'Arnav's Dad'. If no one knows, then I'm prone to creating a shortcut key for long repetitive words/phrases in MS Word!

Precap

It seems Khushi has managed to bring Arnav to Anjali's room.

Anjali looks like she is unwell.

Kal Shyam phir pitega..!! Yahooo Esselworld!!

On the Side

Exceptions become Norms?

Arnav has been on a 'baring his soul' spree. Ever since he has told Khushi (during the kidnapping sequence) that he loved her, he's sort of made it a point that he'd not hide anything anymore. It was just as he said in GH: 'Let's not play games anymore. Let's tell the truth.'

Since then, he's talked to her that he couldn't let their marriage end. He's told her about his mother. He's told her that he remembers all the rituals done between them. He's told her mostly all about his harshest memory.

This is something like a trend.

Once he does something for a first time, it becomes a norm - as though he's achieved a level and he wouldn't descend below that.

Catching Khushi

Falling for Khushi

Rabba-vey

Hurting Khushi

Saving Khushi

Missing Khushi

Kissing Khushi

Making Khushi cry

Attempting to kiss Khushi a-la Diwali

Hugging Khushi

Refusing to stay without Khushi

Standing up for Khushi

Crying with Khushi

Sharing his heart with Khushi

And even marrying Khushi!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cyberpsychooo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Res

Great work shalini! 👏

Loved todays episode, really heartwrenching!😭

I am damn sure, his dad hadnt an affair, it was a MU. His mom saw something and got it wrong! But why no communication between her and her husband? 😕

But thats exactly how asr reacted after the terrace scene. Just that he talked to the wrong person! 

Abhi bohot se raaz khulne ko hain! Cant wait to see them unfold... 

Sometimes i think, shyam is involved somehow with their past, coz he is again there, when past will be revealed... Otherwise they could show first his come back story and afterwards the past unfolding. But they are showing it together, as it looks like!
Edited by Cyberpsychooo - 11 years ago
deepzee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow...loved ur 'what i loved"😆...woah...it's amazing...how do u manage to write every thing about ipk so so beautifully in a detailed way...i mean..seriously i truly respect and apreciate ur love towards it..u rock...this was actually way better than the epi...applaudss 👏
Edited by sequin - 11 years ago
julieariwala thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i am a 'silent' fan of your WILs... do not comment  much but please know that i always wait for them after each episode...
absolutely loved your weekend WIL this week...

love,

hasina
Arshics thumbnail
Great analysis again Shalini, befitting the fab episode we got yesterday.

So Arnav Khushi's love has weathered this storm, together they will help Anji survive the tragedy.

But the ghat kya insaan has already been brought back by Dadi, oh Dadi how blind are you! Kuch pata bhi kya kar dala aapne. 

The next volcano is about to erupt, will they able to survive the blast from the past with equal trust in each other.

Now it is clear why the Arnav Khushi date was shown! When the past explodes, will Arnav love Khushi for what she is, or will these prove to be mere empty words!

Edited by arshicritic - 11 years ago
NothingLasts thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Garima is NOT woh aurat. check the picture out yourself.

http://i.imgur.com/aXVvA.png

the scene was shot recently and if it was Garima, Pyumori Mehta would have played her. This scene was shot recently because Anjali's jewellery and teenage Arnav are different. 
Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Arnav stated that he found rather late that the woman with whom his Dad was involved had come to his funeral.

Who told him that?

Dadi may be? She seems to think that she is the know-it-all, the source of all explanation, information and inspiration. In fact, in her mind, she almost has the divine justice, the peace keeper, the saviour of mankind image of herself whereas she is anything but.

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Cyberpsychooo

Res

Great work shalini! 👏

Loved todays episode, really heartwrenching!😭

I am damn sure, his dad hadnt an affair, it was a MU. His mom saw something and got it wrong! But why no communication between her and her husband? 😕

But thats exactly how asr reacted after knowing the truth. Just that he talked to the wrong person! 

Abhi bohot se raaz khulne ko hain! Cant wait to see them unfold... 

Sometimes i think, shyam is involved somehow with their past, coz he is again there, when past will be revealed... Otherwise they could show first his come back story and afterwards the past unfolding. But they are showing it together, as it looks like!

Agreed with your last part I have a strong feeling Shyam is some how linked to the 4th angle(As Shalini said) of this Giant MU of the past and when his mysterious character will unfold a lot of things will come up the surface. 
aviation-ca thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
reading...

Sorry busy with kids on the day off...

Needless to say, something positive even on the episode filled with emotions.. esp. Anjali's reaction.. unfortunately it becomes very personal for me..

My fav scenes:
1. As you say their love grows stronger with every Adchan... Arnav/Khushi, Arnav opening up completely & Khushi silently being there for him.. not giving him meaningless platitudes.. knowing he needs to talk, so just listens.. a very valuable gift to the man she loves...

2. A very small interaction of Anjali telling Khushi to go comfort Arnav..

Unfortunately Dadi is still in the land of Damadji.. waiting for tomorrow

BTW.. reading your blog post.. very nice..
Edited by aviation-ca - 11 years ago
sman thumbnail
Great post,...u nailed it very well..few days back I had made a post saying Arnav's mom and dad were killed and it wasnt a suicide..may b his chachu was involved and Garima witnessed it..hence she slapped Kushi when she said his mom commited suicide..and today I could clearly feel that his dad was misunderstood by his mom..he isn't like Shyam for sure.. I think its Shashi who will solve the mistery..