Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

IP REDUX ; The Wraith !! *updated (Page 4)

soap-critic IF-Dazzler
soap-critic
soap-critic

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Wonderful analysis Nia - glad to see you back.

I have yet to watch the episode but after reading your take I am so glad that my kind of IPK is back too.

DB and BS have always excelled at all the bro-sis scenes and they are at their best in emotional ones. Looking forward to those too.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

yvonErika1Nia.DgifttageyesonmeJhalak29sharmibalanChitraFriyya6sonia_1

gopikaaji Goldie
gopikaaji
gopikaaji

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nia.D

FROM THE OBSERVATORY TOWER

Anjali in Denial: Anjali has a strong 'Denial' mode set in her nature. She kept denying the truth of having lost her baby. It was only when she saw Arnav standing helpless, defeated and guilty for not being able to protect her outside her door, it was only when she saw the truth of the fact reflected in the tears of her brother that she realised the truth. It was only then that she finally broke down realising that she could no longer feel her baby inside her, with her.

Arnav's Flashbacks: After seeing all that happened that led to their parents' death, I couldn't help noticing where Arnav got his 'jump to the conclusion' habit from - his mother. Personally, I think Arnav's father was misunderstood by Arnav's mother - just like Arnav misunderstood Khushi the terrace night. Arnav's mother seems to have jumped to the wrong conclusion about Arnav's father in regards to the other woman.

Arnav's Selective Hearing: This has been there since childhood, now that we've seen what he witnessed between his mother and father. He heard his mother's part, and remembered her words specifically. However, even though he heard his father refuting his mother's accusations of being in an extra-marital relationship, Arnav chose to be deaf to his father's words. Arnav, at that moment in childhood, chose to believe and remember his mother's words.

Arnav's 'Half Story' Habit: Another trait carried by Arnav since childhood is hearing only half part of the story. He heard only what his mother said she saw. However, he never heard his father's side of the story! Rings a bell, doesn't it? He believed only Shyam's version of what had happened on the terrace, he did not confront Khushi about it until quite later when she drove him to breaking point.

Arnav's Mother: "Humne aapko uss aurat ke ssath dekh liya": Isn't this uncannily similar to how Arnav "saw" Shyam and Khushi on the terrace? Arnav misunderstood the whole 'scene' and 'image' of that night. His mother too "saw" her husband with another woman, and might have misunderstood the whole scenario. Just like the way "mere dimaagh main woh chapp gaya hai" for Arnav, I think the same thing happened with his mother too - the image of her husband with another woman was permanently imprinted in her mind.

Arnav's father committing suicide: Why would a married man, who is allegedly having an extra-marital affair, commit suicide right after his wife commits suicide? For me, it is the voice of a misunderstood, innocent, and loving husband who gave up his life. I believe that Arnav's father was a man who dearly loved his wife. He was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and seeing his wife believe her accusation about him loving another woman was close to death for him. His action of choosing to die right after his wife gave up her life speaks to me about a man who wanted to be with his wife at all times. A man who loved only his wife and no other woman.

Arnav's Mother brainwashed?: Just like Shyam cast doubts and spun a story about him and Khushi to Arnav, it is quite probable that Arnav's Chaachaji spun a story about Arnav's father being with another woman to Arnav's mother. History repeating itself as it were. Just like Arnav fell for Shyam's story, it is possible that Arnav's mother fell for Chaachaji's untrue story about her husband's extra-marital affair.

Arnav sharing himself with Khushi: A man who once upon a time, for decades, kept his emotions bottled up, who never shared his deepest, darkest fears, who never let anyone see his hurt, his pain, and his burdens, who shunned the company, shoulders, and comfort of others - this man today opens his thoroughly wrecked young boy's heart to the woman who silently lends her understanding, support and care for him. He has never told anyone so much before. Never confided the bitter pain, the devastating sorrow, the loaded anger, and the burdensome hate that resided in his pure heart all these years - he never let it out to anyone before. He has Khushi now with him - a woman who listens to all he has to say, who gives him the courage to speak out his inner terrors, who holds him, comforts him, and accepts his pain and anguish as her own - a woman who he can share himself with freely, knowing that she will see him in the same way as before. He can talk about his failures with her as he knows that in her eyes, he will never be seen as weak, inferior, defeated, or lost. Knowing that to Khushi, he means something more than all of that even in his weakest moments gives him the ability to unveil his incapabilities, insecurities, inabilities, and failings to her.

OTHER NITTY-GRITTIES

Hospital Hug: In the past, Khushi had run into Arnav's arms and hugged him for comfort, solace, and support. He might not have hugged her back then, but he did not break away from her either. Today, once again, Khushi hugs him ' but this time, it is to comfort him, to offer solace, and to support him. Last time, she was the one who needed a shoulder to cry on, this time, he needed a shoulder to cry on.

Hands of Care, Comfort and Support: In the past, it was Arnav who laid a caring hand on Khushi's head when she was weeping over her father's condition at the hospital. Today, Khushi laid a supportive hand on Arnav's shoulder as he wept over his failure to protect his Di.

CREDITS

Daljeet Bhanot: Welcome Back girl, welcome back!! You moved almost everyone to tears with that realistic 'mother-who-lost-her-child' break down. The final realization after seeing the truth of the fact reflected in the tears of your brother finally breaking the warmth of motherhood. The crying, the sobbing, the distressed wails, and the expressions were too realistic! Take a bow Daljeet!!

Barun Sobti: I have always loved your performances, and today the modulations - pain at not being able to protect your sister, rage at Shyam, anger at your father, tenderness for your mother - all were fabulously done! The only place where it missed out a bit was your enunciations - of course, you were crying, but it was a bit difficult to catch on to some words. Lovely performance otherwise!

Sanaya Irani: My girl! I've said this a million times - you bring Khushi to life for me, and that's why I love you! Today too, I loved the way you showed Khushi's understanding on letting her man speak, listening silently, giving your love, support, and shoulder to the broken man who needs you. Your eyes, gestures, and tears spoke tremendously! You made Arnav's pain even more impactful!

Utkarsha Naik: Oh how I love you when you become the pseudo-mother for Anjali and Arnav. Your performance was bang-on today! Loved the way you tried breaking the news to Anjali, and then your outrage at the Nurse making you leave the room, and following it up with a complaint to the Doctor! Too good Utkarshaji!!

a nice view ...but arnav MU khushi ..as we all know certain words from her mouth and snake's confrontation added fuel ...he never asked her ...there is lack of trust ...in between ARshi ...but in ASR's parents case it is sure to have some sort of MU...but after living such long years together ...why they lack trust is a ???...or its clear that they had not so good marital relationship?...ASR mom also added that his dad never loved her??? y???

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nia.DJhalak29ChitraFriyya6

mars80 Senior Member
mars80
mars80

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
what an awesome heart wrenching episode ... i think everyone performed so well today Anjali, Nani, Mami, Khushi and of course our very own ASR ... loved it absolutely ... waiting for all the updates ... as usual, just bookmarking :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nia.DChitraFriyya6

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 2:10pm | IP Logged

What a heart wrenching episode, it had that old IPKKND feel to it with the cast at their best, tighter scripts, better execution, on a whole a very well done episode. I loved it!

Anjali like expected is in denial and depended on Khushi and Arnav to keep her SKD intact it was only when she saw Arnav's tears that reality set in. I felt for her character in this episode, it is always painful to have your dreams shattered and for Anjali it was a devastating blow.

With the exception of Arnav and Khushi, I found Manorama to be the most realistic out of the family. Manorama rightfully did not want to leave her child's side knowing the ordeal she's endured but the rest of the family did not put up much of fight which I found surprising.

After comforting Anjali, Khushi made sure Arnav was not forgotten. The rest of his family were oblivious to his pain but not Khushi, she was right there by his side staying back while the rest of the family headed home.

I really like how Khushi balanced being there for Anjali and Arnav, she took care of Anjali until she fell asleep then went to Arnav who did not shut her out as he would have in the past. The growth continues with Arnav letting Khushi into his pain, his helplessness. Khushi is now his confidante, he accepts he is no longer alone. Arnav painfully reveals the past that made him who he is and why today he feels like a failure for letting history repeat itself.

Finally we get more to the flashbacks and what led to their parents suicide but I am sure there is more to this than what Arnav and Anjali know. Arnav heard his mother's side but did not hear his father's, isn't it possible what his mother saw was similar to what he thought he witnessed on the terrace?? Why would his father kill himself after the mother committed suicide?? It seems it doesn't take much for MU to happen in the family so I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to this and Garima is not the other woman.

Precap was really good, I was not expecting a Shyam and Arnav face to face happening this soon but it is. I'm hoping Arnav will suspect Dadi has been in contact with Shyam all this time. How else does it explain how Shyam ended up at the hospital? I highly doubt he showed up on his own, he must have waited for the call.

Shyam's re-entry to RM is a given, especially now that he is no longer hiding his meetings from the family. It is going to be a difficult decision for all involved, with the exception of Dadi no one wanted Shyam back in Anjali's life but he is back and right now ripping him away from a fragile Anjali would do more harm than good. There are more gripping episodes ahead and I have faith the CVs will deliver like they did today and on Friday.

Edited by .Mandy. - 03 September 2012 at 6:00pm

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

deepali6yvonGirlOfFireNia.Damimus-Mistletoe-Erika1NothingLastsarchie_79shreya_lsegadvasirajuwin7anurao.66coolgal270ChitraFriyya6sonia_1

VVK_2012 Newbie
VVK_2012
VVK_2012

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by N.Mussarrat

I found Mamaji. Credit to the uploader.

He is in Sony TV's Love marriage Ya arranged marriage too. He came in as the uncle of the male leads.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

lola2012jpatel1289segadNothingLastsChitraFriyya6

Hkrajan IF-Dazzler
Hkrajan
Hkrajan

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Bookmarking

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RJXXriyya6

Erika1 Goldie
Erika1
Erika1

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
 [NOCOPY]

Tears of blood fall from my broken heart
I never thought we would be apart

When you held me you said "forever"
Now that you're gone I know you meant "never"

Saying you love me with that look in your eye
And that was a cold hearted lie

Your tender touch, a soft kiss
Two things about you I will miss

As I sit here thinking about you
My face is wet with tears past due

I should've cried a long time ago
But I loved you so

I know they say love is blind
But I had only you on my mind

A hurt so deep it cuts like a knife
But wounds heal and I'll go on with my life

~Erika
[/NOCOPY]

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

joyvgNia.DDazeeNothingLastsshreya_lvasirajuSupna9samanthanasunshine99ChitraFsonia_1

NothingLasts IF-Dazzler
NothingLasts
NothingLasts

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
No one's around...

Edited by N.Mussarrat - 03 September 2012 at 2:46pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Chani123DiamondLife

Go to top