Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Kalarikkal House [3] - [Thread 4 link - p. 144] (Page 65)

Aubade. IF-Sizzlerz
Aubade.
Aubade.

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
I am spamming but right now, I don't care. That first kiss was an absolute stunner. I have NOT seen a writer like you. I am not the kind who likes classics though I find reading old traditions to be thrilling. But otherwise, I have not much fascination for it. As a child, my fave was JK. Rowling and I think its safe to say, after Lavender and KH, YOU have outdone her in my head. Okay. I needed to get that out. So I am going back to Chapter 7. I really hope it doesn't get me hyper. Parents and sissie are sleeping like logs.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

simi888norolim

Aubade. IF-Sizzlerz
Aubade.
Aubade.

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
I am in tears after Chapter 8. I can't point out what's causing it though. Too many emotions that I am up for elaborating just about now. Let's just say, you are changing my thoughts on writing to something totally different.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

simi888norolim

samba12 Groupbie
samba12
samba12

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by amv63

Devi, this was really sad. Kashi's realization of Arnav's identity  "that the same boy whose screams that had kept her awake all those nights when she was young was the same boy who was now keeping her awake by sleeping so trustingly on her lap",
was beautifully written. Her struggle to come to terms with the truth, her desire to let him rest as long as possible so that he would have the strength to cope with the coming revelations speak of the caring, giving nature that she tries to keep hidden under a veneer of cynicism. But despite her own newly realized feelings for him and the desire to explore this attraction between them she knows she has to tell him the truth even knowing it would cause him to leave Kalarikkal House, to "run from her".
And don't worry about PM's. I STALK...!!

Was struck by that passage as well.
Agree with your take on how Kashi feels at this point.

PS

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

simi888

cmileyfreaky Senior Member
cmileyfreaky
cmileyfreaky

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
CLIFFHANGER! OMGOMGOMG
Krishnaluv94 IF-Rockerz
Krishnaluv94
Krishnaluv94

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
That was.. totally unexpected. But I guess I should have known. 

D, you are truly gifted. Thank you for the updates. :)
-publicenemy- Senior Member
-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 8:03pm | IP Logged

Chapter 40: Der Schrei

He didn't have any visible response for a few long minutes.  She held his gaze and her insides felt clenched up tight.

When he still didn't utter a word, she spoke.

"All good souls leave the Earth too soon, Arnav.  In that respect, your sister's goodness outweighs my brother's by eight years."

He sat up then, giving her his back.

They stayed that way for a few more minutes.  The light from the end of the hallway had advanced enough to make his hair glint blue.

She wished he would speak.  She wished he would yell or scream or even walk away from her.  Anything so that they weren't caught in this prolonged tipping point…

"You are the girl who hung onto those window bars and watched me that day in the hospital."  

She looked up in surprise. 

That was not what she had expected him to say.

"When they were wheeling your brother into that operation room, I was causing a ruckus in that hallway, yelling for my sister's eyes to be returned to her."

"You're not angry?"  she asked in a low voice.

"About what?"  he asked without turning around.  "It's like her eyes cheated death for eight more years before it was found out, hiding in this house…  And when death struck again, it was merciless. It took your brother too…"

She sat there, his words reverberating with a peculiar tension that made hold her breath.  He was sitting absolutely still without turning around. 

"Arnav…" she called and suddenly he boxed his hands over his ears and doubled over to emit a scream so loud and guttural and she felt her insides splinter.

For a moment, all she could do was watch in horror, but when he rocked back and forth clutching his arms over his head, she reached for him, expecting him to push her away.

At first he did nothing but keep on rocking back and forth, but when she refused to let go and held onto him, he turned into her.

She stood there on her knees as he pressed his face into her stomach and held him while his whole body shook violently.

She closed her eyes as she felt hot tears roll down her cheek and drip onto her shawl and into his hair. 

She could feel a heated wetness through the cloth that separated him from her.  His tears were hot enough to scald.

She held him that way until he stopped shaking. 

When his hold around her waist loosened, she looked down.

"How did he die?"  he asked, not looking up.

When she remained silent, he finally looked up.

"They didn't know."  She answered.

He had no response to that.

"He didn't die here, Arnav.  He died while he was at the medical college.  There were no drugs that they could find in his system.  At least none that could be detected after death."

"LSD alone will rarely cause death."  He said.

"I was speaking of possible cause of death from impaired judgment, which is a very real side effect of LSD.  But nothing of that sort could be the cause of death anyways as he was simply found dead in his bed one morning."

He was quiet again for several long moments before he let go of her fully and straightened. "I am going to sleep now.  Don't wake me until I wake on my own.  And don't come to me even if I scream bloody murder in my sleep."

He stood up.

"I will." She said as she stood up with him.

"Come again?"  he asked..

"If you scream bloody murder in your sleep, I will come to check on you."  She said neutrally.

"I don't want you to."  He said now, his eyebrows drawing together in irritation.

"I want to." She answered as she started walking back down the hallway towards the main wing.  Chaturangam will have to wait for another time.

"I don't want you to."  He said again, angry now, as he followed her.

When they reached the end of the hallway and she knew that he knew how to get to his room, she turned back to face him and spoke politely.   "It appears that we are at a stalemate.  The only way to solve this is to avoid screaming bloody murder, Arnav.  So try that."  She told him before she walked away without giving him any more chances to refuse.

The following 323 member(s) liked the above post:

npanchalanima_bahadurck1985sarahzsvahc123nehavashizil143simren97maancrazyShini.Shiva86rajsrirdreamz101rithuparnahoneyboney1Rain_droprachealkarthimanchilliesnicciunderground1priyakamkarbaby2012reluctantfanB2DB75vanesha230HPfan24ratricoolsuganya91srishti9015tomchi94princessep13sofykhanpalemsrscebel5683ipkkndblacklady1bmishramdm2013rhtkumar672v5a1s6nanicaNishmadhuHemaSuryaarshi_sarun7As2001nayana66dreamz92asdfzxcvghjklbncuppycake11irama1CrazyArshiFanPagliTitlilibbyfernsocean28flash90smricarshi_sriarhi_love_bonisweetmelonArshinmesuzukiAnjali250194Priyasha890samba12KshwetasunshineswirlfairycakePotatoefreakmookieaddicted16indeedisa3llieet_tu_achuArnavKiKhushisimi888pwinchipesshaxxSassyxxkamalineegagsyprayasbanetta10farhacassimvaughnvmppApsara1asmi123diotimamistletoe22Black_beautythouhidalilyattitudesowmiya128prerna27howardr07tellycrazy5armadManseepasarisjoa123prizasumalikvgmatrinam_adinikipukiPedazoyadarkroseChocoDamonhamini_yashanamika00mak3mesmilepulu1995Neha07cmileyfreakyroseycheekamritabgayatri_yspongebobchickday_lilysoniachammuisssvoldemortARSHI_FAN11hatathbristivarshapanmagnetasunsetarhifrvrhari93ThrishTRND86nimra21Shoe12vtanoceansseapri3loveSim1234Su_Somerholicshona_sanjusmarty94cutiepie_ashhashey12345abcdefgAmrita_12narmathabiju21IPKKND001nj.123tobleronerevathysugathancitiduncanelisevaish912asdfjklzo_OraDBZ-27khusharnavamv63barunxoxokamtokdinArshi200niharika111samarablogarshiyakanishkashona136palaayanglitter5MeeshaaliAnne_ArHiarshisimpledivya_divsPyewestNon-existentipkndlover75VarshaPrettymojgansanjuarshiMirabellFirst_Lightdair10arshiloves_aishu..PT..BavariTirtharupaAsvatisk2405srija.singh04-MIMOSA-_Roka_Janu75--BumbleBee--norolimjoe_arhi-daffodils-dreamymayapink.lotuscrazymg.04sini1234fatima2603aeyshaalimsoaringskiesShweta1691barunloveOnlookerRoshkolovemusicbluetajrockinggirl5inspiringstarskarismaannabV3OdSuniblue-eyemultifaceted..Kritz..rhearuhikaamchornithe_breezeappy_12vidya.sanjaymaloseSphinxmsmarpleHADmishtivikadesigirlcharlie1950Asmara.latekatehuny.thebestnomad.nessdhrashteeNirjhor105bushrayoutanya_viNi_singhspsharmilasparikhDhara_s-shamima-seshatreechubzyAnamika100Devika.AdorableTroubleveil_of_roses-Aarya--Shobhu21-tanurocksN0306swetha_chhararnavSA_nimkmistyrainsmomb24aycma98emistry__blossom__leanne_1983Drwholastdesirelakraj80Abi.NakushipuglyIceflamessegaddaljeetapoorvaarnavarshy4everluvbugEnchantressIronButterflySS88kclovearshiAruni.Anarocksickshree10refloratedShikhaKhushiriafnapeepliKishmishMentalExoticaPrani08frenzyysmitarzafiHot.Pink.Heelscaskerayshaomarhad2buKrishnaluv94suwinFaithnFatejakhushiChocolate...soapsudskvarshasaomomserialwatcher16-memorable-ashred12melonieekdoteencharninandamaypranayHeavens_Flowernadiafarjana.LadyHitler.OmNaMaSteOmflowers4utinselhoneygrapeThanuAdityaSillyPepperLyssaPieNewbiesoapfanamaiaopsyellowsnoopy84Kalyaanialicia.pup03.Dulcetmishti_17Sunshine Girldumasspvd

Anjali250194 Groupbie
Anjali250194
Anjali250194

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Wow, these were some truly spellbinding updates. I think you outdid yourself! You write so well, you capture the culture and the passion so well and your characters feel so real. It seems like they are not just your creation but real people and that's so hard to achieve, so I must commend you! My favourite parts include Pallavi's 'certainty principle' and how she clearly stated what love is as well as the story about Devaki. Just when I think the house has no more skeletons, she creeps in, almost ghostlike in how she transcended reality and appeared in Arnav's dream, crying for her child...that was such a sad story. And speaking of sad stories, Unni and his last return home was pretty heartbreaking especially since the dad knew that everything would change once he left.

Also, the connection between Arnav and Kashi was riveting, especially the trance like state Arnav was stuck in. Their chemistry feels real and Kashi's concern was so apt at this point in the story...as was her sister's warning, after all, women are cursed as well! I hope she takes Pallavi's principle to heart...

Looking forward to your next update! ;)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

arhi_love_bonimoomin4455shree10Krishnaluv94

flowers4u IF-Sizzlerz
flowers4u
flowers4u

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
A very suprizing reaction from arnav...brilliant update

Go to top