Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Kalarikkal House [3] - [Thread 4 link - p. 144] (Page 52)

snoopy84 IF-Sizzlerz
snoopy84
snoopy84

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
Great update its great how he is opening up to her now seems like shes made the connection

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-

ninand IF-Rockerz
ninand
ninand

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
There seems to be a kinship afforded to the personalities of Shivan and the house.. though not apparent , the nightmares seem to be a confluence of the two.
.. maybe  everything intangible and unresolved is Shivan, who , if not older than the house, has at least outlived by many decades the generally known lifespan of his reptile(a match to the measure of time withstood by kalarikkal house). and everything that occurs ,and is distinct (in how indelible a mark it leaves behind), and in a way, out of one's control, is the house..
Shivan protects who he loves, and the house does not let leave, those it does.. 
it enthralls when you imagine shivan in the forest which is teeming with life, and vitality.. and the house, seeped in the emotion of its inhabitants, its air, brilliant from the notes played and danced to, or from the cries and whispers which rang in her halls..
.. it feels natural that Arnav have barely a lucid  moment there, and they fall so hard for each other.. so soon(since we already have dispensed with time being of any importance in a 'state of being' anyway)

and then some of these moments you describe, make me reject all  concrete contexts, and simply reflect on how beautiful they are.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

simi888-publicenemy-latekatepink.lotusmoomin4455Krishnaluv94Kishmish

simi888 Groupbie
simi888
simi888

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
it actually leaves an ache in your heart! im sat here with a feeling i cant even begin to describe.

the connection between these two is just getting stronger and stronger, am so glad that its more than just physical but an emotional and somewhat spiritual one too. im still confused as to what is happening, seems like another mysterious world entirely!

How i wish i had a quarter of the talent you possess for writing so i could do justice in praising you. You really are an incredible writer who invokes so much in her readers!

thank you for the update

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateKrishnaluv94Kishmish

moomin4455 IF-Dazzler
moomin4455
moomin4455

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ninand

.. it feels natural that Arnav have barely a lucid  moment there, and they fall so hard for each other.. so soon(since we already have dispensed with time being of any importance in a 'state of being' anyway)

and then some of these moments you describe, make me reject all  concrete contexts, and simply reflect on how beautiful they are.

This is so true! It seems like time is just irrelevant at KH...and yet it feels no natural for Arnav to lose himself to well...himself and to Kashi so easily. It also feels natural to try and have an explanation for it all, and to finally give in to the mystery and beauty! I love your comments - they seem like a natural extension to the story...very evocative and poetic!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-publicenemy-latekateKrishnaluv94Kishmishninand

-publicenemy- Senior Member
-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 3:51pm | IP Logged

There seems to be a kinship afforded to the personalities of Shivan and the house.. though not apparent , the nightmares seem to be a confluence of the two.
.. maybe  everything intangible and unresolved is Shivan, who , if not older than the house, has at least outlived by many decades the generally known lifespan of his reptile(a match to the measure of time withstood by kalarikkal house). and everything that occurs ,and is distinct (in how indelible a mark it leaves behind), and in a way, out of one's control, is the house..
it enthralls when you imagine shivan in the forest which is teeming with life, and vitality.. and the house, seeped in the emotion of its inhabitants, its air, brilliant from the notes played and danced to, or from the cries and whispers which rang in her halls..

Shivan is by all approximations a little more than 25 years old.  The average King Cobra can live up to 20 years.  So, yes, he has lived longer than most... but decades maybe a stretch... :)  In our minds, though, you would be right... the creature does appear to have lived forever... since the beginning of time, it seems to me at times...

p.s. your broke your 'every other' pattern ;)

-Devi

latekateKrishnaluv94Kishmishninand

ninand IF-Rockerz
ninand
ninand

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -publicenemy-

Shivan is by all approximations a little more than 25 years old.  The average King Cobra can live up to 20 years.  So, yes, he has lived longer than most... but decades maybe a stretch... :)  In our minds, though, you would be right... the creature does appear to have lived forever... since the beginning of time, it seems to me at times...

p.s. your broke your 'every other' pattern ;)

-Devi

i meant in that way a bit.. if a snake has lived Kashi's entire life, it kinda gives that feel..:)

-publicenemy-latekateKrishnaluv94Kishmish

-publicenemy- Senior Member
-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 4:11pm | IP Logged
Ladies,
  There are several new readers I see here who have taken the time to offer incredibly detailed and thoughtful comments.  I have been busy for the past few days, so I haven't had a chance to thank and welcome all those who are new to the thread.  I do want to do so now. 

So my sincere thanks to my new readers and of course to my regulars...  If I go quiet for a while and only post updates, don't take offense, it's only because life permits limited time.

-Devi 

The following 54 member(s) liked the above post:

robynmookieprayasbanetta10simi888sharma_vartikaadeena_89asimovarhifrvrAllSmiles86amritabPedapulu1995mojgannorolimappy_12the_breezeSuniblue-eye-daffodils-rockinggirl5pink.lotussini1234fatima2603tanya_vinomad.nessdhrashteebushrayoulatekatehuny.thebestDevika.Anamika100OLGNESAbi.Nadaljeetsegadaycma98N0306swetha_chsmitarprpk525ashred12had2buserialwatcher16Krishnaluv94Kishmish..mrinalini..FaithnFatesaomomnaughtymalluKalyaanisnoopy84SillyPepperdumasspvd

Chocochips Senior Member
Chocochips
Chocochips

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
I've never really commented before because I was trying to read your story but wow this is remarkabely one of the finest works I have read in my life and I have read a lot of stories before but there is some magic in your story. Your a brilliant writer!! I have fallen in love with Kerala with your story.

-publicenemy-tanya_vinomad.nesslatekate

Go to top