Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Kalarikkal House [3] - [Thread 4 link - p. 144] (Page 109)

-publicenemy- Senior Member
-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 18 September 2012 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DhwaniKS

haw!!..i noticed today only dat u hav taken me off ur buddy list...and i was wondering y i wasnt geeting any pms of urz...

Cry y did u do dat????...

Sorry dear, but I have repeatedly mentioned that I clear my buddy list at least once a month; people who haven't commented in the span of a month are removed from the buddy list as I assume that they are no longer following my story(ies) and would thus not like to be bothered with PMs.  Readers are welcome to follow along with any of my stories on their own.  However, I have made the decision to not PM silent readers.  Hope you understand.

-Devi

P.S.  If you have commented within the month, then I likely removed you some time back.  Either way, you can always get back on the PM list (by commenting), so no worries. 

Edited by -publicenemy- - 18 September 2012 at 6:33am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Manseelatekateserialwatcher16

peepli IF-Rockerz
peepli
peepli

Posted: 18 September 2012 at 6:46am | IP Logged
The dream has been concluded I suppose.. So the KH Carries her curse..ok, but still confused..woo wait for the coming updates
-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 18 September 2012 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by glassdoor

Hello there Devi Big smile , remember me? The one who said likes bold and experimental stories.
Well I read this entire FF in one go. This is the first Arhi FF I have read. And I have to say it is different. It is bold and it is experimental. 

Why do I feel that this FF is very close to your heart? And that your ID name has something to do with what is being written here? Am I getting too close for comfort. If yes I will back off.

Your name "public enemy" has always intrigued me. Because generally when I see around me the people who are considered "enemies" of public are not in fact enemies of anyone at all. I have been myself considered an enemy of sorts many times. 

This FF made me think a lot. Yes the story made me think like it did for everybody here. But what made me think more was the very 'being' of this FF. What made you write it. 

Kerala as we know is God's own country. One of the most naturally beautiful places on the planet. I have had the opportunity of visiting one of the neo places in Kerala, Cochin.

Where people of all religions stay in perfect harmony. Touch wood !
I never knew until then how Jews were, what was their way of life. And I got to see it in a small village-let kind of microcosm inside Cochin. I bought an amethyst necklace there as a souvenir. It is broken now but I still have it. 

The description of Kerala here is absolutely spot on. Riveting. Almost like a trans-reality. You know something which is so real that it is almost imaginary. 

I wondered again what is happening, here is Arnav a city bred uncouth, coming to a place which appears to be slotted way back in time. Back in the days where Malayalam films did not need money to be made. They made themselves because of their sheer power of story-telling and the only place where story was the real hero. And the hero was just an innocent bystander.

Films where sensuality of women was explored unabashedly. The Kalarikkal house appears to belong to one such gamut of time. Where being sensual is not something to be hidden but to be explored.

And Arnav is transported back to such a place. Where women and men hang on to their tradition but still are not afraid of his sexual prowess. Giddy mixture. 

Most interesting experimentation. And that for me is the basic parlance of this FF. Smile 

Although I must say it is difficult to digest everything in one go. May be I will wait until you finish to read it. Or I may leave with this imprinted on my mind. That experimentation need not be in terms of characters or the storyline but in the timeline itself. Hard for poor old souls like me. LOL

I remember you, of course :)   And thanks for taking the time to check out this FF.  I do get that it's likely an easier read once it's complete, so of course, feel free to sit the rest of it out until the whole thing is finished.

As for the above in red, I do smile when I see comments like that, as I likely get that at least once or twice for each of my stories (and all my previous works have been somewhat different from each other).  My ID was created for the sole reason that by the time I joined the IPKKND forum, I had developed a strong dislike for the female lead character (who I had liked quite a bit when the show started), so it actually just came about as a tongue-in-cheek sort of ID as the forum is a place where Khushi-fans abound.  At that time, I was writing Lavender, which is quite quite different from KH.  So, any association between public-enemy and KH came at a later date and with deliberation, rather than as a subconsciously meaningful coincidence ;)

I am a Malayalee and grew up with the myths and legends of the old Kerala and its people before I was transplanted to the States at the age of 13; so this story is definitely close to my heart in that way and I think it connects with a lot of readers because (I imagine) there is some of this history of our country that is somewhere in all of our collective unconscious... I often feel like I am tapping into that when I write the story.  However, I have never lived in a nalu kettu and I am not a Namboothiri-kutty myself ;) so I am not writing from personal experience.  It is nevertheless coming from my imagination, so it will have a flavor of my thoughts and ideas... thus, it is only as fictitious as any other piece of fiction is... 

All my stories are close to my heart when I write it; I find it difficult to write if I do not live and breathe the characters for at least the length of time while I am writing their story... so the feelings that you as a reader sense through the story is genuine indeed as it was written from my imagination inhabiting such a world...  

I thank you for reading, once again, as I thank all my other readers here as well :)

-Devi

Edited by -publicenemy- - 18 September 2012 at 6:55am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

ManseeCest.la.vieniharika111latekateappy_12glassdoorpink.lotus-Aarya-had2buserialwatcher16Kalyaani

-publicenemy-
-publicenemy-

Posted: 18 September 2012 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by robyn

Hey ,
This is a powerful story you have going on here . Just chanced upon this FF this weekend.. The name is what caught my fancy, then came the images after I opened , was really intrigued to see shobana , so thought I'll give it a go .. and what a go its been. To go through 44 chapters in a weekend Confused..Transported me back to my summers spent at my nanis.. the lush green paadams of central kerala, and I can see many here who have forged a connection. You have a powerful way of weaving the whole background that the story is whats important , not the characters by themselves.Loved the trip down memory lane with some forgotten colloqialisms and songs Smile
It seems a bit presumptuous to analyse the story or try to gauge its course with just 48 hrs of knowledge..but are both of them forging their own dream connection?
Whatever you have going on here is Muy Bueno , so keep em' coming Tongue

Thank you Robyn.  Reading your response actually made me visualize Kerala as I remembered it from so long back.  Change is inevitable, I guess; it's different every time I go back to visit now.  Maybe this FF is a long experiment in nostalgia...

-Devi

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Manseelatekateveil_of_rosesserialwatcher16reflorated

mechantefille IF-Rockerz
mechantefille
mechantefille

Posted: 18 September 2012 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Nothing to absorb it? Does it mean, d illam has d power to do so?
Aubade. IF-Sizzlerz
Aubade.
Aubade.

Posted: 18 September 2012 at 8:36am | IP Logged
I just realized my reserve is still there. I can just ignore that, right? Because making a new post seems a lot more easier than finding where I reserved previously. 
Erm. Okay. I am still sticking to my previous view that it is Arnav who seems the dreams. It could be 1)because he has a direct past to the house and its people (reincarnations,sort of) 2)its the house's ways of telling him that he should fight for his love. 
It depends on whether this story will have more of fantasy or more of reality. If fantasy it will be first one. If reality its the second one because almost all the important happenings of Devaki's and her man's life have found a way to penetrate into Arnav's and Kashi's..the pond..the excessive desire..the fire incident..the Manglik.. So if Arnav sees it, it's not exactly out of the world. It just shows how much he has invested himself into the house, the stories and of course, his love for Kashi. So yeah. I guess there is a logical reasoning. Only place where you get a lil confused is the baby part of it (connecting it to present scenario). But that isn't confusion. It comes in a later part of the story, I believe. Because you have mentioned here how Devaki lost her husband and then her gandharvan walks by. Now, all I am curious to know is  if there is a baby going to be involved with Arnav and Kashi. 
The last three chapters have been incredible Devi dii. Its not just reading..as a reader, I chose as less FFs as possible to follow..so I live my fiction's world absorbing every detail of it. I am proud of belonging to KH because I might just never find a story that get me emotional and physically too, my body blends into the mood with enormous understanding.
Moreover, your writing leaves me with an ethereal feelings. One of the many reasons I chose outstanding FFs over books these days is because in FFs, the writers need to make the effort of doing a good job in every chapter or else you lose your readers. Books are complete when they reach you and an avid reader will never find peace if they leave a book incomplete, no matter how pathetic it turns out to be. 
So, with all the above, you can just imagine my adoration for you, your writing and of course for KH. I guess I have said enough. 

-Amal

Edited by Aubade. - 18 September 2012 at 8:40am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

niharika111latekateveil_of_roses

Aubade. IF-Sizzlerz
Aubade.
Aubade.

Posted: 18 September 2012 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Seeing you online gives me hopes and I can't do anything about it Ermm. The number of times, I am refreshing this page, good lord, let's not even get there. What have you have done to me, Devi dii?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

niharika111

StripePurple Senior Member
StripePurple
StripePurple

Posted: 18 September 2012 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Hello again. :)

I was waiting for the dream/flashback to play out before posting any comments, so I think it's time now. Okay, so the Devaki-gandharva and Arnav-Kashi stories are parallels in different points of time, but I really found the differences between them more interesting than the similarities, somehow. I don't know whether you are going to add more to the Devaki story, but from what you have told us, it's obvious that Arnav-Kashi are some sort of antidote to the curse she had sent upon the house; we already had got a hint of that in Kashi's mother's words.

What is interesting is Devaki and her lover obviously belong to some kind of unexplainable magical realm-- she can move things while he can feel others' emotions; whereas I am not so sure about Arnav and Kashi. There is, of course, a good deal magical in their relationship too, but I have always attributed it to the atmosphere of the illam itself, rather than to the characters themselves. I don't know whether I am making any sense here at all, but I think it would be mighty unfair (and simplistic, completely against the spirit of this story) to equate Kashi with Devaki based on a few superficial qualities. This is, after all, a different time and place, and somehow I can't seem to be able to forget the fact that Kashi does have means to be truly independent, if she so wants. Arnav, I agree, is somewhat similar to the mysterious gandharva character who sort of awakens his woman , but again, while A has gigantic demons of his own, I am not so sure about the other one. Being able to feel what others are feeling can be both powerful and debilitating, and there was just too little information about him for me to understand his state of mind properly. Which is why I prefer to think this is Kashi's dream, because the other scenario is just too mysterious for me to handle right now. This story switches gears so rapidly that I suppose it is healthy to be confused. :D

On another note, I loved your writing style in the dream chapters. It is extremely difficult to get that perfect dream-like quality through words, and you pulled it off perfectly. They were descriptive, informative, and yet retained that unreal mood. You already know I am a fan of your writing Devi, but I think these last few chapters deserve special applause just for their technical brilliance.Clap

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

latekateSunipink.lotussegadmoomin4455Krishnaluv94

Go to top