Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Kalarikkal House [3] - [Thread 4 link - p. 144] (Page 107)

simi888 Groupbie
simi888
simi888

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
i had no internet for the past couple of day but wow what a treat when i logged in to see three updates!

im speechless, how powerful each of those chapters was. raised so many questions but yet left a better sense of understanding too. I was nearly in tears reading about Devaki yearn for her love, how much pain and suffering she had to deal with.

truly tremendous writing, you just excel yourself with each chapter. thank you so much for updating and cant wait to discover what happens next!

prerna31s Goldie
prerna31s
prerna31s

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Wow whoz words are those ? Devaki's rite ? N is it still arnav's dream ? Bcoz she said u have heard the stories bt the one beside u hasn't...so it has to be kashi...rite ?
niharika111 Senior Member
niharika111
niharika111

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
I read KH all over again...and felt just as thrilled as I had felt the first time...in retrospection...certain things make a lot more sense  now and it helped me appreciate the whole scenario...eagerly waiting for the remaining story to unfold! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ManseelatekateKrishnaluv94

Krishnaluv94 IF-Rockerz
Krishnaluv94
Krishnaluv94

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
I need to re-read this whole story soon... 

Manseelatekateserialwatcher16

glassdoor Goldie
glassdoor
glassdoor

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
Hello there Devi Big smile , remember me? The one who said likes bold and experimental stories.
Well I read this entire FF in one go. This is the first Arhi FF I have read. And I have to say it is different. It is bold and it is experimental. 

Why do I feel that this FF is very close to your heart? And that your ID name has something to do with what is being written here? Am I getting too close for comfort. If yes I will back off.

Your name "public enemy" has always intrigued me. Because generally when I see around me the people who are considered "enemies" of public are not in fact enemies of anyone at all. I have been myself considered an enemy of sorts many times. 

This FF made me think a lot. Yes the story made me think like it did for everybody here. But what made me think more was the very 'being' of this FF. What made you write it. 

Kerala as we know is God's own country. One of the most naturally beautiful places on the planet. I have had the opportunity of visiting one of the neo places in Kerala, Cochin.

Where people of all religions stay in perfect harmony. Touch wood !
I never knew until then how Jews were, what was their way of life. And I got to see it in a small village-let kind of microcosm inside Cochin. I bought an amethyst necklace there as a souvenir. It is broken now but I still have it. 

The description of Kerala here is absolutely spot on. Riveting. Almost like a trans-reality. You know something which is so real that it is almost imaginary. 

I wondered again what is happening, here is Arnav a city bred uncouth, coming to a place which appears to be slotted way back in time. Back in the days where Malayalam films did not need money to be made. They made themselves because of their sheer power of story-telling and the only place where story was the real hero. And the hero was just an innocent bystander.

Films where sensuality of women was explored unabashedly. The Kalarikkal house appears to belong to one such gamut of time. Where being sensual is not something to be hidden but to be explored.

And Arnav is transported back to such a place. Where women and men hang on to their tradition but still are not afraid of his sexual prowess. Giddy mixture. 

Most interesting experimentation. And that for me is the basic parlance of this FF. Smile 

Although I must say it is difficult to digest everything in one go. May be I will wait until you finish to read it. Or I may leave with this imprinted on my mind. That experimentation need not be in terms of characters or the storyline but in the timeline itself. Hard for poor old souls like me. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Cest.la.vieKrishnaluv94

Anamika100 IF-Dazzler
Anamika100
Anamika100

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
The last 4 chapters were really pushing the boundary between reality, imagination and dreams.  It is like there are several lives intertwined.  Arnav, Khushi, his sister, her brother and Devaki and that man.  I have no idea how Arnav manages to dream about Devki and am assuming that in the last chapter again, it is Arnav who is dreaming about her even though my logic tells me that it could be Khushi who is experiencing Devki's feelings this time...but I am leaving an open mind.

What is this, rebirth with shades of memory from previous life, a house and it's ghosts taking over people's minds to fulfill unfulfilled dreams/desires or history taking its course.

I totally loved how Khashi decided to tell Arnav about his sister donating her eyes to Kashi's brother, hoping that he will leave this place in anger.

Now I am very curious about Kashi's father who forced this man to stay here for 7 days.  What was his objective.  Did he expect this result or was he just hoping to scare Arnav away?  

Was it Arnav's destiny to be here?

Edited by Anamika100 - 17 September 2012 at 6:55pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mansee

savvz Senior Member
savvz
savvz

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
beautiful... all the dream parts... :)
robyn Newbie
robyn
robyn

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
Hey ,
This is a powerful story you have going on here . Just chanced upon this FF this weekend.. The name is what caught my fancy, then came the images after I opened , was really intrigued to see shobana , so thought I'll give it a go .. and what a go its been. To go through 44 chapters in a weekend Confused..Transported me back to my summers spent at my nanis.. the lush green paadams of central kerala, and I can see many here who have forged a connection. You have a powerful way of weaving the whole background that the story is whats important , not the characters by themselves.Loved the trip down memory lane with some forgotten colloqialisms and songs Smile
It seems a bit presumptuous to analyse the story or try to gauge its course with just 48 hrs of knowledge..but are both of them forging their own dream connection?
Whatever you have going on here is Muy Bueno , so keep em' coming Tongue

prayasbanetta10sini1234latekate

Go to top