Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello again. :)

I was waiting for the dream/flashback to play out before posting any comments, so I think it's time now. Okay, so the Devaki-gandharva and Arnav-Kashi stories are parallels in different points of time, but I really found the differences between them more interesting than the similarities, somehow. I don't know whether you are going to add more to the Devaki story, but from what you have told us, it's obvious that Arnav-Kashi are some sort of antidote to the curse she had sent upon the house; we already had got a hint of that in Kashi's mother's words.

What is interesting is Devaki and her lover obviously belong to some kind of unexplainable magical realm-- she can move things while he can feel others' emotions; whereas I am not so sure about Arnav and Kashi. There is, of course, a good deal magical in their relationship too, but I have always attributed it to the atmosphere of the illam itself, rather than to the characters themselves. I don't know whether I am making any sense here at all, but I think it would be mighty unfair (and simplistic, completely against the spirit of this story) to equate Kashi with Devaki based on a few superficial qualities. This is, after all, a different time and place, and somehow I can't seem to be able to forget the fact that Kashi does have means to be truly independent, if she so wants. Arnav, I agree, is somewhat similar to the mysterious gandharva character who sort of awakens his woman , but again, while A has gigantic demons of his own, I am not so sure about the other one. Being able to feel what others are feeling can be both powerful and debilitating, and there was just too little information about him for me to understand his state of mind properly. Which is why I prefer to think this is Kashi's dream, because the other scenario is just too mysterious for me to handle right now. This story switches gears so rapidly that I suppose it is healthy to be confused. :D

On another note, I loved your writing style in the dream chapters. It is extremely difficult to get that perfect dream-like quality through words, and you pulled it off perfectly. They were descriptive, informative, and yet retained that unreal mood. You already know I am a fan of your writing Devi, but I think these last few chapters deserve special applause just for their technical brilliance.👏
arshi_sri thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
The grander the love, no matter how well-earned, the quicker the fall
 its the scariest truth i ever heard...most part of the history is the proof of it...
it brings fear in most of the people (& me) to dream of having a grand love..
whats worse???... "not having grand love???"  or "having a quick fall after receiving it??"
i wonder why it is as the way it is!!...

Edit: how foolish of me to falsly predict that kashi might be devaki...i guess i should stop predicting & wondering & analysing the ff when it comes to this artistic story...& the best part is iam not at all dissapointed for the wrong prediction...its excellent this way...always the author knows better indeed...
Edited by arshi_sri - 11 years ago
-publicenemy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Ladies,
  No update today :(  and likely not tomorrow either...  

Life just got unbelievably busy...

-D
abandoned thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: -publicenemy-

Ladies,

-D

And I just got unbelievably hopeless. Nevertheless, will wait willingly :) After all, its my necessity to read KH. And maybe I might study a little bit more (I can always hope)
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
These Dreams are so unlike from L&D's dreams, but they so make me wish that I could read L&D again. I've probably read L&D, like 50 times..

pri3love thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the PMs. I couldn't comment earlier as I was traveling. I read all the dreams in a go. Very intriguing and now the character of Devaki is clearer. THe question now is how Arnav is related to Devaki...I am looking forward to next updates. 

How do you manage to make each update better than the last one, more sensual and hypnotic. THe guy in Devaki's life is so much like Arnav and Kashi like Devaki. 
veil_of_roses thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Devi u are confusing me... Is she talking to khushi/arnav? & u wont post for next 2 days😭
this is becoming interesting...

pps Can u update lavender too..
Kishmish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -publicenemy-

Ladies,

-D

In a state of Euphoria ... left by the dream sequence ... and the spell you have cast on us ... 
Totally in awe of your writing ... 
swapnalij thumbnail
This was simply beautiful.. To tell u the truth, I just forgot to comment :-( just read on till I reached the final part.. Read it all in one go.. Do PM me for updates..
ElenaElenor thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 6
'Did I long for him? Every moment of every day till my death' But it was a longing that I knew would be answered one day' How could he not sense it when my yearning was strong enough to rouse the Gods' '

-Amazed. I don't know how you do it Devi. Your story is depicted so beautifully, it seems so real. It makes you renew your faith and hold on to the things that seem unreal. A dream? Or is she real? Will wait for the next chapter for the events to unfold.

I hope Kashi is able to set her mind free and live for herself, not under the guidelines of society and under the fear of what she has been labeled as. As they say, it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved.

Thank you again for this beautiful story.

Edited by Elena123 - 11 years ago