Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amv63 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
So is Devaki back? As Kashi? And the pulluvar man as Arnav?
The last part of the dream was in the first person. Was that part of Kashi's subconscious? Whatever it was, Devi, it was beautifully expressed. I had a lump in my throat reading this update. What a touching story. Looking forward to reading what became of the infant. 
Kishmish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Did I long for him?  Every moment of every day till my death' But it was a longing that I knew would be answered one day' How could he not sense it when my yearning was strong enough to rouse the Gods'

they shared immortal love ... it's time for fulfilment now ... 

"Do you know what the biggest curse in the world is?  It is not born from anger' it rises from despair'

And the despair of a mother stripped from the life she gave birth to' It rises like an ocean to wash away everything in its path'  

Everything'

But even a curse as strong as mine would have no power if it had nothing to absorb it' "

The curse of Devaki on Kalarikkal House ... so potent that it destroyed everything in its path ... 

as potent as the music selection ... 

Edited by Kishmish - 11 years ago
mak3mesmile thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
I read all the chapters and Im all caught up. I have so much to say but not enough time. So i'll wait for the next update.Edited by mak3mesmile - 11 years ago
priya.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It was beautiful...

Even devaki was not who people made her to be...somehow kashi's mother had a soft spot for her legend hence wanted to name kashi devaki?

It is strange how of all the people in the illam, the house opens its secrets to strangers...the resident ghosts of the illam are somehow people who have been wronged by other people of the illam or burdened by the curses..and somehow (for reasons unknown to meπŸ˜ƒ) are willing for their story to come through..want at least someone to know the truth before the illam and it's years of history and with that their story are destroyed for ever? Is this how we will know What happened to unni as well? 

sj_arhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
'Later I realised that he had neither denied nor affirmed, but had just laughed'
Her man taught her self control, nritya, love that knows no bounds to leave her after two years mysteriously as if his task of giving her happiness was accomplished; which makes one want to believe in the Gandharva theory if not for the inevitable end of grand love stories.
Her despair might have turned into the curse that in time no man in Kalarikkal house would survive; which can probably be reversed by Kashi and Arnav. 
While reading I wanted to address a few questions: Will Devaki's child make a reappearance in the story? Did Devaki meet her lover before her demise?
nam_adi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Is she speaking to Kashi?? Half of the story to Arnav and the other half to Kashi?!

I'll just stick to Devaki's story and not worry about who knows what. You'll clear that anyway :)
Kalyaani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

I read the dream again, all the three updates and I came to this conclusion. Love is as much an illusion as a dream, both you cannot hold on to. Here again, I am not analyzing the dream but more the emotions that are thrown at us now and which Devaki felt.

It is essentially a man vs. woman issue; Devaki was branded evil called names because the men in her life were unable to understand or relate to her. She was not difficult just different and that was not addressed appropriately. She was forced to become what she became and I don't fault that, just am amazed at the sprit that woman had. Imagine a woman who does not realize the potency her body has and lives with it for years and when she does discover it, it still leaves her at a loss.

That makes me look at the men, Devaki's husband was impotent and he blamed her for it, stating she was unable to get his body to respond. The other man who made advances at her was for the very same reason, she made his body respond. Then her Gandharvan too was with her for her body, he came to her when he thought she was ready. Now is that love or the need to possess a woman's body. He came, was with her till he wanted to be and left when he wanted. Leaving her when he had no further use of her, my question stands; was this love?

Arnav had earlier spoken about Kashi being unaware of her body and the fact she was without sexual experience, this may have a connection after all. If Devaki was branded a witch who did ward off men from approaching, Kashi being Manglik has done that now. Devaki's curse may just absorb most things and she has the power too, we have to wait and see the strength of that curse and in addition to that we have to see the strength of Arnav's and Kashi's fate.

nazibah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I am too young to be a mother but I know the feeling of loss...and Devaki had last her husband whom she had not emotions towards but she had loved...only to be left again...I'm very much speechless and have no other words to say except...beautiful...
daljeet thumbnail
beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

it was short yet it was devaki's words wih had en enchanting feeling!

this man was he a gandarva or not i dont knw.will maiden get pregnant accto these theories of gandarvas of old times?i dont think so.so we can assume he was not.then,wat was he?do we knw?No.

as devaki said we dont knw many things of our own life n this is a story written by a gr8 writer whoes intellect n wisdom is much gr8r than mine.so its natural for me to be confused.lol.

but i wanted to ask u one thing.do u hv an inspiration behind this story?i mean is it related to the myths or a place an illam u hv knwn or maybe a home of ur ancestors wer u visited n came to knw of all these stories n r u trying to develop it trying to decifer wat wud be the truth behind all this?????
sorry,i was curious n wen this thot arised in me i cudnt hold myself.answer only if u can!😊
suwin thumbnail
wonderful update πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thank you.