Frequent Posters

ENLIGHTENED1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
amazing  really 
abandoned thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Can you imagine you have earned yourself a very addicted reader after she read just the latest update? Yes. I have fallen in love with KH after reading ONLY Chapter 38. I have been seeing it come very often on the first page of the FF section and I finally felt up for it. THANK you is all I can say for now. Its a school night and I have homeworks piled up for now. So I leave it with a thank you. Give me time and I shall let you know when I am done reading the whole story.
StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
What a story! What a story!!!👏

So you've begun closing the loops, and in the process, are creating some more of them. Kashi now knows about the sibling connection. Will she, won't she? Tell him, that is. Hmm. I will wait for you to tell me.

You know the last two chapters definitely gave this very haunted feel to the story. It has come and gone in the past but this time around I just felt it very strongly. & Kashi's strange words about taking several lifetimes to understand and navigate through the house, it re-inforced that feeling. As if she'd really gone away and come back to this place over the ages. Is this the same girl who was, the other day, very rationally arguing with her sister over the possibility of falling in love with a man she had known for only three days?

Also, thank you for that chapter on Devaki (I am assuming it was her, or were there more like her? Unlikely). I had wanted to get to know her a bit more. I don't know how much of that flashback was trustworthy, because it was, after all, Arnav's dream, something his subconscious had conjured up, supposedly. Whatever it was, something tells me Devaki was a little too independent and feisty for her times, and unlucky too. I love how you've made Kashi an arresting amalgam of Lakshmi and Devaki, with a bit of Western sensibility thrown in, perhaps.  I mean her looks, her dance, her anger, her helplessness against the forces of her life-- it's all happened before with these two tragic ancestors of hers.  You read about them, and it's like, deja vu.

Arnav seems to be struggling less and less with his feelings for her. In this last chapter, his almost acceptance actually surprised me a little. But then I remembered you are writing this story. So a surprise is really not a surprise.

Also, on a lighter note, why is it only the men who seem to have ghost-spotting abilities? First her brother, now Arnav. Weird. 😆
curiousbookworm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow! Kashi realizes , I wonder if Arnav does! He fell asleep with his head in her lap! Wow
dreamymaya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Finally khushi started accepting her feelings!
moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I so wanted to comment several chapters ago but real life is refusing to behave!!

I feel I'm enveloped in mist walking cautiously, step by step, on this journey with Arnav and Kashi. Sometimes apparitions appear looking to lead me on a false trail; other times I see glimpses of something beautiful and tangible that I hope are showing me a way out of this haze but they quickly recede. And just when I feel hopelessly lost, I hear Pallavi playing her veena, sit down and take respite...this is how your story makes me feel!

The strange thing is I wouldn't want to be any where else!

I loved the lucid Arnav two or three chapters back - very much a glass of cold water in the face after the trance. I felt comfortable, as I'm sure Kashi did, hearing Arnav be himself. I do agree with Pallavi: life is short and Kashi should give in to her feelings. I also agree with Arnav, that maybe the fear that Kashi has is misplaced. You can follow the trail of 'evidence' that is one's family history, culture, superstition, gossip and chinese whispers etc and lay it out in many ways to convince people using any argument you like. Was Arnav's dream something of the past of Kashi's family? Or was it a natural reaction on hearing about a young woman who could not be accepted because she couldn't cede to the societal attitudes and mores of the time. Is Arnav in danger? Was Anjali the one with the ill fate? She gave her eyes and also gave death!? Who on earth knows anything about anything at Kalarikkal House????? No one's viewpoint is free from bias...

abandoned thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: moomin4455

I so wanted to comment several chapters ago but real life is refusing to behave!!

I feel I'm enveloped in mist walking cautiously, step by step, on this journey with Arnav and Kashi. Sometimes apparitions appear looking to lead me on a false trail; other times I see glimpses of something beautiful and tangible that I hope are showing me a way out of this haze but they quickly recede. And just when I feel hopelessly lost, I hear Pallavi playing her veena, sit down and take respite...this is how your story makes me feel!

The strange thing is I wouldn't want to be any where else!

I loved the lucid Arnav two or three chapters back - very much a glass of cold water in the face after the trance. I felt comfortable, as I'm sure Kashi did, hearing Arnav be himself. I do agree with Pallavi: life is short and Kashi should give in to her feelings. I also agree with Arnav, that maybe the fear that Kashi has is misplaced. You can follow the trail of 'evidence' that is one's family history, culture, superstition, gossip and chinese whispers etc and lay it out in many ways to convince people using any argument you like. Was Arnav's dream something of the past of Kashi's family? Or was it a natural reaction on hearing about a young woman who could not be accepted because she couldn't cede to the societal attitudes and mores of the time. Is Arnav in danger? Was Anjali the one with the ill fate? She gave her eyes and also gave death!? Who on earth knows anything about anything at Kalarikkal House????? No one's viewpoint is free from bias...

Its past midnight here. And I am a new reader of KH. I have just read the first and last update. But your comment is enthralling and its giving me this weird palpation in my heart which is definitely not healthy.
snoopy84 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Great update its great how he is opening up to her now seems like shes made the connection
ninand thumbnail
There seems to be a kinship afforded to the personalities of Shivan and the house.. though not apparent , the nightmares seem to be a confluence of the two.
.. maybe  everything intangible and unresolved is Shivan, who , if not older than the house, has at least outlived by many decades the generally known lifespan of his reptile(a match to the measure of time withstood by kalarikkal house). and everything that occurs ,and is distinct (in how indelible a mark it leaves behind), and in a way, out of one's control, is the house..
Shivan protects who he loves, and the house does not let leave, those it does.. 
it enthralls when you imagine shivan in the forest which is teeming with life, and vitality.. and the house, seeped in the emotion of its inhabitants, its air, brilliant from the notes played and danced to, or from the cries and whispers which rang in her halls..
.. it feels natural that Arnav have barely a lucid  moment there, and they fall so hard for each other.. so soon(since we already have dispensed with time being of any importance in a 'state of being' anyway)

and then some of these moments you describe, make me reject all  concrete contexts, and simply reflect on how beautiful they are.
simi888 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
it actually leaves an ache in your heart! im sat here with a feeling i cant even begin to describe.

the connection between these two is just getting stronger and stronger, am so glad that its more than just physical but an emotional and somewhat spiritual one too. im still confused as to what is happening, seems like another mysterious world entirely!

How i wish i had a quarter of the talent you possess for writing so i could do justice in praising you. You really are an incredible writer who invokes so much in her readers!

thank you for the update