Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Crooner 1.31 : Kuch aanch baaki hai..UPDATED (Page 44)

-Gan- IF-Sizzlerz
-Gan-
-Gan-

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mouramen

am back...with more hope...
everything is gonna be fine...ultimate phangal...PartyDancing
ASR is gonna be back...roaring ENOUGH...Day Dreaming

Hi sweetz!
I'm hoping for the same too...that's why I'm still tuning in...those 8 punches are not the end...I want the ASR bg plying more than that stupid Daiya ho!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jakhushidennisdmenace

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GanBarunFan

Originally posted by jakhushi

Priya,

Havent been able to post on Monday's episode... but I did read your Crooner. Brilliant take...Trust you to call a spade a sapde, without drowning in Bashing.

I thought both the episodes were  brilliant in parts.. 

On Monday, I loved Daljeet. Finally the actress in her woke up. And her realization of the truth only when she sees her Chotey - extraordinary screenplay.

The entire cast did a great job.

The music was brilliant...and some amazing shots on both the days. Especially Monday. Both Sobti & Sanaya were good... Sobti in ASR's grief, Sanaya as Khushi, the anchor. She brought in the 'therawd" (dang...how do I spell this hindi word Confused), that the scene required.

Yet, I thought the hug lacked the intensity that both should have got on the scene. Especially for ASR. While the final shot was beautiful...after I rewatched it, but I still felt that hug should have been the hug of someone who was trying to draw strength by that contact and the other trying protect him from his pain. That didnt come through for me.

I agree with you that AK should have demanded more from his actors - afterall Sobti & Sanaya cant see the scene while enacting it - he can.

Now on Shyam.
Maybe I am jumping the gun here - but I do continue to feel that focus on the evilness of Shyam will not hold their audience for long.

Darkness fascinates me... actually Grey does it for me more. Thats why I love ASR's character, but I digress. But I do believe darkness can appeal to people in short doses only. Unless ofcourse, one has sociopathic strains Wink. We all need a little ray of sunshine at the end of a long cold day.

There is enough pain in the real world, everyday grind that can pull you down, question your basic belief in humanity, in love, even decency. In a daily soap, the audience tunes in at the end of a long and maybe not so nice day, to see good triumph over evil. No social re-engineering causes needed to be taken up...but unless one can identify with the problem on screen and see the good overcome the evil (which might or might be the case in real life), why will that audience be drawn back to the show?

It worked when Shyam wasnt the centerfold of the story... because his evilness got outshone by the good in the IPK world. Why is that not happening?
I am yet to understand the significance & the need for Shyam setting up the video in RM - did anything come out of it really? Yet that was one example of evil going scot free...and without any further consequence to the story line. I do have an issue with such points.

I know Abhaas is a pretty decent actor - but are the actors & the love for them tweaking the storyline/screenplay to some extent? If so... that is extremely unfortunate.

I am sorry for the rant... I saw your response to Indrani di's post and I couldnt agree more. Ofcourse, IPK also does team me to be an optimist...so I will continue to be one. Aur option bhi toh nehi hai Ouch

But I think somewhere, we need something which is a little more substantial than  2+1slaps & 8 punches  for attempt to 2 murders (on 4 counts) , 1 kidnapping, 1 emotional attachyar and 1 murder of an unborn child.

I am hoping they can deliver atleast something strong in the interim, even if they dont close the chapter and bring him back on why he wants revenge track.

Again sorry for the rant... got carried away Embarrassed

The story is better paced now... that is something I really appreciate.
Technically they are doing quite a good job for the past 2 episodes. And I am loving the bond that is getting strengthened between Arnav & Khushi in these trying times.

Khushi:
Just loved your post! especially the bit about Shyam. Yes dark characters fascinate me too, but that darkness is more related to their inner turmoil not reptilian cold bloodedness. Shyam since Friday has turned into one character who is non-IPK like. He's beyond redemption even if by stroke of soap-opera magic the child is alive.He's a psychopath and then some! And IPk's giving him more importance since his return is turning me off big time. I dont understand why would they give a precap about him. Nowadays most of the episodes' precap has been about Shyam...I didnt mind the collar pulling one...but the other ones, especially the one yesterday, will lead to some TRP drop. I agree 100% with you...why would people at the end of the day want to watch this kind of darkness day in and day out?...and even if we do why would we stick with a soap ?...they have better. crisper production in crime shows...IPK is a different genre..it's USP is a intense lovestory between the protagonists...not the intense hate story of the antagonist. This is a significant digression from their signature...even during Babuji's track,the focus was never away from the love story. Now EVERYTHING has taken a back seat to Daiya Ho! It's repulsive to watch!

I'm a "if -then- else" person...The PH needs to look at the daily TRP numbers from past few weeks since Shyam's return...any day they covered him more, there is a significant drop in the TRPs the next day too even if there are some Awesome Arhi romance...why? because the Shyam's negativity makes the Precaps but the Arhi moments are kept as 'surprise'...what the!!! sheer stupidity on the PR part of the PH ...drama sells, but with IPK audience Arhi moments sell more. If thay dont know their target audience, that's a shame!

Sorry Priya excuse my rant...I stayed away to prevent this kind of post..

Sorry to butt in but I agree with you, why are the best scenes of Arnav and Khushi kept as a surprise?? Before the PH would promote them heavily which gave fans something to look forward to but then they started promoting Shyam's schemes, I mean really who wants to see that especially after Friday's episode?? I really feel they no longer know their target audience had they known they would promote Arnav and Khushi heavily and focus more on them because that is wht clicks with viewers, always has.

jakhushi-Gan-

--Nishita-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Nishita--
--Nishita--

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:35am | IP Logged

Hi sweetz!
I'm hoping for the same too...that's why I'm still tuning in...those 8 punches are not the end...I want the ASR bg plying more than that stupid Daiya ho!

Of course he will be back...when has he ever given up and accepted defeatEmbarrassed

jakhushi-Gan-

-Gan- IF-Sizzlerz
-Gan-
-Gan-

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Mandy.

Sorry to butt in but I agree with you, why are the best scenes of Arnav and Khushi kept as a surprise?? Before the PH would promote them heavily which gave fans something to look forward to but then they started promoting Shyam's schemes, I mean really who wants to see that especially after Friday's episode?? I really feel they no longer know their target audience had they known they would promote Arnav and Khushi heavily and focus more on them because that is wht clicks with viewers, always has.

Mandy :
Hi ...1st there are no butting issues here..we're all discussing Wink

Yes the precaps have been total disaster for me...I dont know who decides those.

jakhushi.Mandy.

-Gan- IF-Sizzlerz
-Gan-
-Gan-

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Nishita--

Hi sweetz!

Of course he will be back...when has he ever given up and accepted defeatEmbarrassed

Sweety it's no longer about accepting defeat ...it's now about giving him back! He needs to be proactive than reactive. Look at the precap yesterday...what happened to the millionaire's security..unless they have a secret passage below Anjali's room..ASR's biggest enemy  has free access to the house! ridiculous!
.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:51am | IP Logged

Hi sweetz!

Sweety it's no longer about accepting defeat ...it's now about giving him back! He needs to be proactive than reactive. Look at the precap yesterday...what happened to the millionaire's security..unless they have a secret passage below Anjali's room..ASR's biggest enemy  has free access to the house! ridiculous!

The security needs to be fired, Shyam has had easy access to RM which shouldn't have been the case. Will ASR even know about Shyam's latest visit?? Its completely ridiculous, I know this is all plot points for his return but this is beyond silly now.

With the exception of Tuesday's precap, so far not good. Shyam being shown to scheme more is the last thing we want to see, they should have shown him getting caught or a scene with Arnav talking to Khushi anything but Shyam. PH continues to fail in seeing too much promotion and focus on disliked characters works against them big time.

jakhushi-Gan-

dennisdmenace IF-Rockerz
dennisdmenace
dennisdmenace

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:54am | IP Logged

i still feel that dadi has allowed him inside when ASR must be out in office or has gone to drop Khushi...my wishful screen play...

but i have one kostin, what was going on in Arnav's mind? was he suspecting d dadi damadji nexus or did he started believing Shyam as a father who just lost a baby...OuchOuchOuch

[QUOTE=GanBarunFan]

Hi sweetz!

[/QUOTE]

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gan-

--Nishita-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Nishita--
--Nishita--

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:55am | IP Logged

Hi sweetz!

That precap just put me off...cant stand Shyaam anymore. Shyaam walks in and out like he owns RMAngry
I agree...Arnav needs to be proactive and I want him to set traps for Shyaam and expose him in front of the family. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gan-

Go to top