Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Crooner 1.31 : Kuch aanch baaki hai..UPDATED (Page 43)

Divya1503 IF-Sizzlerz
Divya1503
Divya1503

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soni.b

Originally posted by Divya1503

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-XuUccmO4

what was that???? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL pls someone explain!!!!ROFL
hey bhaggu...ab main tere post dekhte huye chai nahi peeongi!!!!ROFLROFLROFL

main itna hasi ki mere eyes mein tears aagaye dii!!!ROFL ROFL ROFL Shyam with the barking background!!!ROFL ROFL aur itna hasne ke baad ek shocking wali news bhi mili mujhe!! My dad wants to take me out for a movie after 6 years!!!!!!!Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked n that too aaj ka evening show!!!!Ouch  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jakhushi

Divya1503 IF-Sizzlerz
Divya1503
Divya1503

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jakhushi

Divi at work, cant see. Kya hai...I need to laugh too. Ouch

Awww!!!! Ouch its a weird VM khushi di!! LOL LOL starts with some weird voice with the pics of LAvanya, Shyam, buaji n all, n the Lavanya runs to hug Arnav, a horse sound in the back ground, n the scene was Shyam's entry fight, dog's barking in the BG!!!! a mami's crying scene with a cat's sound in the BG n a scene where buaji, khushi n payal were dancing with some weird music in the BG!!!! ROFL

Edited by Divya1503 - 05 September 2012 at 5:12am

jakhushi

writ_in_water Goldie
writ_in_water
writ_in_water

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:33am | IP Logged
hullooo ladies!!!Huggot time only now to peep in! and saw the spoiler pics? anything sensational happening apart from that? Embarrassed

except Divya's FVS (funny video service) LOL (just kidding dearie..)

jakhushi

jakhushi IF-Rockerz
jakhushi
jakhushi

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:36am | IP Logged

Divi at work, cant see. Kya hai...I need to laugh too. Ouch

Awww!!!! Ouch its a weird VM khushi di!! LOL LOL starts with some weird voice with the pics of LAvanya, Shyam, buaji n all, n the Lavanya runs to hug Arnav, a horse sound in the back ground, n the scene was Shyam's entry fight, dog's barking in the BG!!!! a mami's crying scene with a cat's sound in the BG n a scene where buaji, khushi n payal were dancing with some weird music in the BG!!!! ROFL
Ohhh I want to see!! Ok sounds quite crazyLOL.

Have fun at the movies...anyways...you would rewatch the episode on comp...so you can manage Wink
writ_in_water Goldie
writ_in_water
writ_in_water

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:03am | IP Logged
@khushi, loved loved your post.

esp this part.

Darkness fascinates me... actually Grey does it for me more. Thats why I love ASR's character, but I digress. But I do believe darkness can appeal to people in short doses only. Unless ofcourse, one has sociopathic strains Wink. We all need a little ray of sunshine at the end of a long cold day.

There is enough pain in the real world, everyday grind that can pull you down, question your basic belief in humanity, in love, even decency. In a daily soap, the audience tunes in at the end of a long and maybe not so nice day, to see good triumph over evil. No social re-engineering causes needed to be taken up...but unless one can identify with the problem on screen and see the good overcome the evil (which might or might be the case in real life), why will that audience be drawn back to the show?

The problem as I see it, if they continue in this vein and mind you, ONLY if they continue in this vein, is darkness will become only for the sake of darkness. That is also not too bad except that Shyam has never been portrayed as a totally dark character. To see him suddenly as a dark character who has no redemption is difficult for the audience coz he has never been presented to us as one. The charm of IPK has been and will always be (and the makers must must agree with this) is that all characters have layers.. all characters are grey.

Shyam's evil has been always about 'sneaking in', plotting on his feet, relying on his street-smartness and his earthy charm and his total unscrupulousness. (that is why the dhaiyya ho.. our wonderful music man understands him best I think)
A completely dark man will have his chessboard completely ready... will have plotted and planned everything to the T and will be totally ruthless and swift about it. Shyam has not been. He has been cruel and he is willing to bide his time. If you have read Agatha Christie's 'Curtain', the last in the Poirot series, where Poirot actually dies, the villain in that is not somebody who actually commits the murder. It is somebody who INSTIGATES, who convinces others to do the work for him. Shyam has always reminded me of that character. Somewhere in him are also shades of Iago to ASR's Othello.

And I seriously hope and pray that he remains that and does not turn black. No charm there, isn't it? Grey is always in!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Anchal_Mjakhushi--Nishita--

-Gan- IF-Sizzlerz
-Gan-
-Gan-

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:12am | IP Logged

Priya,

Havent been able to post on Monday's episode... but I did read your Crooner. Brilliant take...Trust you to call a spade a sapde, without drowning in Bashing.

I thought both the episodes were  brilliant in parts.. 

On Monday, I loved Daljeet. Finally the actress in her woke up. And her realization of the truth only when she sees her Chotey - extraordinary screenplay.

The entire cast did a great job.

The music was brilliant...and some amazing shots on both the days. Especially Monday. Both Sobti & Sanaya were good... Sobti in ASR's grief, Sanaya as Khushi, the anchor. She brought in the 'therawd" (dang...how do I spell this hindi word Confused), that the scene required.

Yet, I thought the hug lacked the intensity that both should have got on the scene. Especially for ASR. While the final shot was beautiful...after I rewatched it, but I still felt that hug should have been the hug of someone who was trying to draw strength by that contact and the other trying protect him from his pain. That didnt come through for me.

I agree with you that AK should have demanded more from his actors - afterall Sobti & Sanaya cant see the scene while enacting it - he can.

Now on Shyam.
Maybe I am jumping the gun here - but I do continue to feel that focus on the evilness of Shyam will not hold their audience for long.

Darkness fascinates me... actually Grey does it for me more. Thats why I love ASR's character, but I digress. But I do believe darkness can appeal to people in short doses only. Unless ofcourse, one has sociopathic strains Wink. We all need a little ray of sunshine at the end of a long cold day.

There is enough pain in the real world, everyday grind that can pull you down, question your basic belief in humanity, in love, even decency. In a daily soap, the audience tunes in at the end of a long and maybe not so nice day, to see good triumph over evil. No social re-engineering causes needed to be taken up...but unless one can identify with the problem on screen and see the good overcome the evil (which might or might be the case in real life), why will that audience be drawn back to the show?

It worked when Shyam wasnt the centerfold of the story... because his evilness got outshone by the good in the IPK world. Why is that not happening?
I am yet to understand the significance & the need for Shyam setting up the video in RM - did anything come out of it really? Yet that was one example of evil going scot free...and without any further consequence to the story line. I do have an issue with such points.

I know Abhaas is a pretty decent actor - but are the actors & the love for them tweaking the storyline/screenplay to some extent? If so... that is extremely unfortunate.

I am sorry for the rant... I saw your response to Indrani di's post and I couldnt agree more. Ofcourse, IPK also does team me to be an optimist...so I will continue to be one. Aur option bhi toh nehi hai Ouch

But I think somewhere, we need something which is a little more substantial than  2+1slaps & 8 punches  for attempt to 2 murders (on 4 counts) , 1 kidnapping, 1 emotional attachyar and 1 murder of an unborn child.

I am hoping they can deliver atleast something strong in the interim, even if they dont close the chapter and bring him back on why he wants revenge track.

Again sorry for the rant... got carried away Embarrassed

The story is better paced now... that is something I really appreciate.
Technically they are doing quite a good job for the past 2 episodes. And I am loving the bond that is getting strengthened between Arnav & Khushi in these trying times.

Khushi:
Just loved your post! especially the bit about Shyam. Yes dark characters fascinate me too, but that darkness is more related to their inner turmoil not reptilian cold bloodedness. Shyam since Friday has turned into one character who is non-IPK like. He's beyond redemption even if by stroke of soap-opera magic the child is alive.He's a psychopath and then some! And IPk's giving him more importance since his return is turning me off big time. I dont understand why would they give a precap about him. Nowadays most of the episodes' precap has been about Shyam...I didnt mind the collar pulling one...but the other ones, especially the one yesterday, will lead to some TRP drop. I agree 100% with you...why would people at the end of the day want to watch this kind of darkness day in and day out?...and even if we do why would we stick with a soap ?...they have better. crisper production in crime shows...IPK is a different genre..it's USP is a intense lovestory between the protagonists...not the intense hate story of the antagonist. This is a significant digression from their signature...even during Babuji's track,the focus was never away from the love story. Now EVERYTHING has taken a back seat to Daiya Ho! It's repulsive to watch!

I'm a "if -then- else" person...The PH needs to look at the daily TRP numbers from past few weeks since Shyam's return...any day they covered him more, there is a significant drop in the TRPs the next day too even if there are some Awesome Arhi romance...why? because the Shyam's negativity makes the Precaps but the Arhi moments are kept as 'surprise'...what the!!! sheer stupidity on the PR part of the PH ...drama sells, but with IPK audience Arhi moments sell more. If thay dont know their target audience, that's a shame!

Sorry Priya excuse my rant...I stayed away to prevent this kind of post..

Edited by GanBarunFan - 05 September 2012 at 7:13am

Nandalalajakhushiindi52

dennisdmenace IF-Rockerz
dennisdmenace
dennisdmenace

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:19am | IP Logged
am back...with more hope...
everything is gonna be fine...ultimate phangal...PartyDancing
ASR is gonna be back...roaring ENOUGH...Day Dreaming

jakhushi

Nandalala IF-Rockerz
Nandalala
Nandalala

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

Originally posted by Nandalala

A poem for ASR in Rilke's words...

"Quiet friend who has come so far,
feel how your breathing makes more space around you.
Let this darkness be a bell tower
and you the bell. As you ring,

what batters you becomes your strength.
Move back and forth into the change.
What is it like, such intensity of pain?
If the drink is bitter, turn yourself to wine.

In this uncontainable night,
be the mystery at the crossroads of your senses,
the meaning discovered there.

And if the world has ceased to hear you,
say to the silent earth: I flow.
To the rushing water, speak: I am." 

~Rainer Maria Rilke

Fabulous Crooner, hun...Sorry, I am so late to the game!! Hope and a prayer...the atheist finally came home...or at least thats what the CVs wanted us to take away from Monday's episode.  I was completely ambiguous watching the epi earlier today...a bit confused watching the man onscreen...a man who wrote his own destiny, who is THE believer in all things ASR, so dejected, so ready to seemingly give up...Priya, somewhere, the CVs had me stumped with this ASR, yaar...a disconnect! Yes, he was in a hospital, yes, it was a dialogue seemingly with himself, but as you said, he finally let her in--memories coming crashing around him.. Yes, he internalized Di's pain just as we thought he would, yes, he took responsibility for letting her down, but the biggest flaw in Monday's epi was the fact that the man onscreen was NOT the ASR I know!  

I sorely missed that ASR from Feb. 15th, yaar...those eyes ablaze with fury, vowing to avenge his Di...This ASR was ready to throw in the towel on life, that shaatir dimaag seemingly gone for a toss!!!  Weakness personified to a point that as a viewer, I could not relate to him...For me it was a two part failure--1) The screenplay--ASR's grief does not need to be OTT, but grief can and is the catalyst for the phoenix to rise; they should have shown the angst; the horror of losing his niece or nephew to be--a determination to find out how and why his Di got hurt!  Is ASR so clueless as to not notice the lacerations on her feet?  To not question the doctor again and in depth about the possible cause of trauma?  Doesn't the electrical shock that she received have anything to do with this; why didn't the doc say anything? Where is the logic here??? Which makes me want to believe that the doc is in cahoots with the snake...cliched to the max if thats the case!! 2)  The execution--very blase.  Having skipped two episodes over two day, it did little to stir me.  Reel me in...The only redeeming part of the epi was that hug: PERFECT...Sanaya NAILED it!  She looks him in the eye, just takes him in her arms, holds him close, those hands placed behind his head...consoling him in the most beautiful way she knows...She lets the tears flow...lets him have his moment...pouring her strength into him...The pain so visceral, so arresting...Vighnaharta stands as witness...Beautiful.  Sobti was shortchanged, BIG TIME!!! No. Doubt. About. It!

Tuesday's epi continued with the hug and the hands united in the presence of the remover of obstacles was the most poignant moment in the epi.  Another reminder that this union needs no pheras, no rasams, nothing to define what they mean to each other...Vinayaka has already blessed them and willed them to be together...Even as ASR was taking Shyam on, her hand was never far away from his...My biggest problem here is that I still do not find Shyam an adversary worthy of ASR.  Part of the failure lies with Abhaas and the director, but fundamentally, Shyam is nothing more than a pandering, philandering coward.  Period.  Not worthy of anything more than a Dhaiya-ho parody; a psychotic fruitcake, who just needs to be done away with.  After seeing him in that hospital scene with Anjali, I felt no fear, yaar; only intense irritation and anger that he is still around! The only reason the punches worked for me is because I want him gone now...he's been given too much screen space.  Ultimately, his juvenile scheming does not justify the miscarriage; and now its getting redundant!  Does that make sense?  Or is this the CVs' intention?  Anyway, I am way too tired to think it through...

Thank God, I saw the wheels turning in ASR's head--the only silver lining to seeing Dadi-Shyam togetherDead; really, amen for small mercies...Dunno how much longer I can be part of this pseudo good vs. evil play...Coupled with this new writer who is still learning the ropes, I am in FFing mode as necessary until I see something worth tuning in for...

I am sorry if I destroyed the "essence" of the epi for anyone; ArHi united and strong in their love is such a beautiful thing; I only wish Shyam were a true nemesis...Better I go into nazar andaaz mode again, rather than become a ttl Debbie Downer...Tongue

ETA~

Just realized I ttly skipped over this part of the "kahaani" element...yeah, thats how much it impacted me!LOLTongue  Felt flat, yaar...I hope they elaborate on it further...a year later, I was so hungering for more...Of course, its so clear that only one "angle" was seen and heard...just makes the hurt that much worse...

birthday girl,

i love your rilke poem. i so just want to turn into wine. so tired of the whole world wanting you to be who you are not, poor asr. bold and black,you say things i feel. look what they've done to our asr. but then in which star plus serial is a man bold, strong, and daring enough to say i make my own destiny. they say napoleon destroyed the fate line (so called) on his palm and said he made his own fate. now why can't i think that napoleon had a rotten life, it is better to be suraj.

ROFLROFL ROFLat your last line, Di!!! OMG, I am laughing SO HARD right now!  I am sorry I guess I tuned into the wrong show on YT yesterday!  Better I watch the epis from June-Feb last year to get my true ASR "fix" back!!

in red bold, yeah shyam is just too boring actually to be worthy of anything. never been an abhaas fan, was not that offended by him yesterday though. your remark about his idiotic portrayal almost making his worst crime seem redundant, is true. though viewed on its own, as an act it was intolerable and we need to see how the writer brings completion to the miscarriage story. don't know how long this low level parody of a khatarnaak villain must be tolerated.

Ok, I am so glad I am not the only one who still feels this way.  The miscarriage, and the way it was shown was devastating...I am BY NO MEANS condoning his actions.  HOWEVER, it does not sit well with me that glass shards, electrocution, resulting in a severe fall were overlooked in the hospital so easily...I did not like the doctor's flippant attitude to it.  That was insensitive.  Furthermore, ASR's lack of questioning: illogical, Di!  The writers on this show have given us logic; they are capable of it...and which is why I tune in...but I felt they failed when we needed it the most...

the asr we love, we sense, we just miss so damn much. yet, on tuesday i thought i saw him emerge from this new needy helpless in sorrow self. especially when he threw a fit and said my sister goes home and when he started picking on something weird in the shyam dadi air. hopefully, he will remember he thought he saw something while dancing during mehendi, just before the black out and this time connect the dots and kick the jackass.

Amen. Amen. Amen.  Yes, I saw him back on Tuesday; like I said, the only silver lining after that very first scene in the entire epi.  Absolutely hope to see more of the real McCoy from here on out, Di!  Fingers-crossed!

Hi, Di, good evening!! I am in red!!!

jakhushi-Gan-indi52

Go to top