Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Crooner 1.31 : Kuch aanch baaki hai..UPDATED (Page 12)

Omoraboti IF-Sizzlerz
Omoraboti
Omoraboti

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

omoraboti,

lovely take. i also had a lack of connect with the episode, strangely enough. because, as you say, it had all the ingredients of a fabulous episode. the story was taut and clear, the writing was brilliant i felt, especially the dialogues of asr and khushi. the reticent one in full spate and the talkative one just absorbing his pain quietly, the beautiful giving hug at the end. the direction at a couple of places was inspired. i did feel the acting was too loud in the beginning in anjali's room. personally, i loved the bro sis connect and her acceptance of tragedy on seeing its presence i his eye. yet, i was dry eyed, like you. 

also i felt barun is capable of much finer acting as is sanaya. a bit flat, could be a direction thing, could be interpretation falling short. 

maybe my mindset was also not what it could have been at the time of viewing, or the opening was so loud it shut me down, no idea. some things cannot be analysed, so i am letting it be and hoping today will be better. 

Thanks Di. I felt Sanaya was a bit ignored yesterday with more focus on Barun .. he was given the centre stage while Sanaya supported. It is going to be tough for Sanaya to excel when the track & also direction is more focused on Barun i.e. Arnav.  She has done a brilliant job during their wedding .. and also during the truth revelation track. I hope she will cope up .. and do better. Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Parshaindi52

soni.b IF-Dazzler
soni.b
soni.b

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:40am | IP Logged
hey rashmi!!!!
loved ur post!!!! superb!!!
liked u taking on the sound department but i have never had any problems in understanding barun's dialogues...specially yesterday!!! as for the comparision in the two breakdowns...well am not even comparing as the situations were different and as u pointed out..."He kept it deliberately a notch toned down; it had to be... he was in a hospital corridor.. he was not confronting his insecurities in the middle of a road with only an SUV as witness but he was for perhaps the first time ever, sharing his deepest griefs, deepest fears with a person he deeply loves."
for me both breakdown scenes had its own beauty...i am happy as long as i am able to connect with the character!!!! i do get upset and affected by scenes ...but i don't cry easily!!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

akshu23writ_in_waterOmorabotiindi52

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:40am | IP Logged
'Chota tha mein.. par himmat ki'. Courage, that kind of brinkmanship courage sucks you out dry. And makes you fear happiness. You fight against it, (the resisting of 'Khushi' symbolically) or you want to lock it up somewhere when you glimpse it. Both, alas, will only push you further towards grief. 

Happiness by its very nature is transient.. like trying to hold sand in our hands but for ASR, the sand seems especially slippery. 'I don't know...everything just goes away'. 

rashmi,

i love those lines. yes, sucks you out dry that level of desperate courage. and you're only 14. your trying to make everything alright. and you have no idea how imbalanced life can be at times. just because you got a horrible blow once doesn't mean you won't get another and another and yet another. but he tried and i adore this boy for that. that "i don't know... everything just goes away," i hope he ponders that, for he has the depth to. i loved the writing yesterday.

but i will disagree with you and fully respect your pov. i did not find barun sobti's performance spell binding yesterday. i was not moved. found the interpretation a bit flat, monotonous. where the problem was i do not know.

i think that scream after the terrace scene was a peak where a whole range of emotions rose to another level and coagulated, feelings for which there are no words. it took the whole thing to a different pitch and hinted at terrible things to come. which did. i found that week riveting.

i am delighted you loved yesterday. i want to love it too Cry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

writ_in_water

srirao IF-Dazzler
srirao
srirao

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:53am | IP Logged
such cute offscreen masti in SBS& SBB,,,,

@ mashira,,,,loved ur post,,,ur comparision of both the times he broke down,,,,u r right abt the sound dept,,,there is nothing wrong in his dialogue delivery,,,in fact i love his voice modulations ,the breaks in his voice,,,,,its completely different from the way he speaks off screen

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

writ_in_waterParshaOmoraboti

writ_in_water Goldie
writ_in_water
writ_in_water

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:54am | IP Logged
thanks a lot soni Hug, indi di.and sri...

soni, me too.. if my heart feels funny i know i am crying somewhere. LOL and that is more than enough for me.

indi di, thank you!!! Hugitz amazing how two scenes have allowed us to feel so differently and have lent themselves to interpretations, criticisms and elicited such different reactions. that itself is something extraordinary for me. we all beat to a different drum and it should always be like that! i get you when you say you WANT to love it too! no worry, it will happen and you cannot will it. it has a sweet will of its own.
Embarrassed

Edited by mashira - 04 September 2012 at 3:54am

soni.b

cocoatree IF-Sizzlerz
cocoatree
cocoatree

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:55am | IP Logged
Brilliant crooner n awesome take priyaHug
just a fabulous act by each n everyoneClap
specially barun n daljeetClapClap
its a landmark episodeSmileBig smile
no more words from my sideEmbarrassed
becoz u nailed each n every scene so perfectlyClap

subiscs

riti4u IF-Stunnerz
riti4u
riti4u

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:57am | IP Logged
Hey mashira,

Well you had me in with your first line Clap with Ashes and ofcourse 'everything just goes away' . I agree with you on feb 15 take dear but i guess that shriek of maa was required ...We didnt knw then what made him cry out maa...but after understanding what he saw that night was a repeat of what deepest wound he carried -his mother's death...his crying out Maa made sense to me... that was his loss that he experienced that wedding night and on another wedding night ,he faced his sister in perhaps a very similar situation... so it worked..but I agree with you on ambulance scene ,there were some repeatition there... Absolutely loved what you wrote about yesterday scene...Yes voice had to be softer and he needed to mumble coz of overpowering grief and to show his inability to express his deepest fears so openly..he had to mellow it down... and indeed he did a brilliant job..Clap..

Wonderful post dear...very well saidClap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

akshu23writ_in_waterParsha

-Facetious- IF-Sizzlerz
-Facetious-
-Facetious-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mashira

Originally posted by Omoraboti

Originally posted by -SH-

Kya baat hai!! Looks like CVs have lifted the gag order for some days.. UMTv had a segment, and now SBS and SBB has it too..

Read the WU of e24 .. I am loving the way CVs have played with the wedding so smartly. I never felt they were in favour of a grand wedding again but they had channel & social pressure and so they moved ahead. They have reminded us with those scenes that they have "indeed" fulfilled all the Rasams .. and this is just "repeat telecast". So now the channel & audience will get a simple, private wedding since they asked for it!

bingo!! i love love the idea of a private wedding. my heart's desire for A and K

My heart's desire too... I always wanted them to renew their vows infront of DM.. But do you guys seriously think we are getting even that? With Shyam coming back in RM, I've few doubts..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

akshu23Omoraboti

Go to top