Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: mouramen

exactly Priya,

i dont know whether you r reading this...though d phangirl in me doing dhinka chika but  but...

1. khushi's dialogues...i wanted them to touch d heart...somewhere in this rush d character has taken a beating...

2. what was need of showing Shyam's entry for whole 3 mins? ok drama element...

3. pls for god's sake stop showing d women as dumbos...i guess its enuf now

5. i seriously wish that Shyam has some solid reasons to justify his hatred or revenge against Raizadas...killing your own unborn child and thus risking d mother's life is no small crime...

6. nobody talking about d glass shards and how anjali's feet ...😲😲

7. last but not d least ...i come from Amitabh Bachchan genre...d mukkkas should have looked more better...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰...hitting Shyamu not stopping in d air...

sorry for ranting...as i always say i never pick up d remote ...i watch , rewatch and criticise too...because IPK is a part of my life...not just a work of fiction on SP...me phangirlπŸ˜›πŸ˜›

mou, priya,

last night when i switched on the telly, shyam had just started his tan tan dan entry. promise you, irritated me so much, i just used the remote.

didn't want to say this earlier, because i would like to see where the writing is going this time round. asr has already been shown as a fairly weak man in the kidnapping debacle. and shyam the "boss"? makes me want to ...

but i was thinking this morning, if this time they don't show anjali meting out justice with a big J to shyam, they will be utterly wrong in their story telling and i will switch off. 

plus, time to show how courageous and also clever asr is. shyam's games must not leave the hero character, the righteous character all flummoxed and failed. what's the point of dousing us in idols and chants, if truth always loses? 

time to move to the denouement of the shyam menace. and yes there better be a damn good reason for him being the way he is, and doing what he does. however much i loathe the character, the death of his unborn baby is too easy a solution, fairly immoral in my reading. so every time a truth is "inconvenient" we kill it? why not just show the baby come into being and bring great joy to her/his mother's heart? life is not fair, this could have happened, but to engineer it for "convenience" in a story?  writer, is this good for your soul.

perhaps the creators are worried that once shyam goes what will be the conflict of their tale that will take it forward? now, arnav and khushi are in love, the commitment has been taken to a point where a separation doesn't seem feasible in the immediate future. so what will keep the story going?

but that's being lazy, isn't it?

ideally, shyam should be given sweet hell by his wife whom he has injured beyond redemption and the woman he has dared lust after and cheat. 

i worry and worry and worry about the portrayal of women in our telly world. it keeps us all in ugly clothes and neatly corralled following rules set by men centuries ago.

i started fretting about khushi a while back, sensing channel interference and toning down of her individualistic streak. see what's happened to payal. and now i can't practically make out the diff between khushi, akshara, pratigya, sandhya. gosh. i have been saying this in my own way for a while.

i get the feeling, the creatives had no idea ipk would become as popular, almost a cult, as it did. part of its magic was in the writing, but the real ignition lay in that fabled chemistry between two actors. how far these two elements have taken it. yet somewhere along the way an orthodox channel demanded that ipk enter the fold and tone down its hatke being. trouble begins here.

no idea where it ends. 

but yes, if the new story guy has taken ipk this unconscionable route, he better find his way to conscience and beauty again.

(my mind laughs and says: silly woman, do you remember the things you saw in pratigya, and yet sajjan singh is a "star" in star parivaar, whatever that is, and his malevolent family thrives in our "family oriented" channel with nayi soch?)
--Nishita-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

mou, priya,

last night when i switched on the telly, shyam had just started his tan tan dan entry. promise you, irritated me so much, i just used the remote.

didn't want to say this earlier, because i would like to see where the writing is going this time round. asr has already been shown as a fairly weak man in the kidnapping debacle. and shyam the "boss"? makes me want to ...

but i was thinking this morning, if this time they don't show anjali meting out justice with a big J to shyam, they will be utterly wrong in their story telling and i will switch off. 

plus, time to show how courageous and also clever asr is. shyam's games must not leave the hero character, the righteous character all flummoxed and failed. what's the point of dousing us in idols and chants, if truth always loses? 

time to move to the denouement of the shyam menace. and yes there better be a damn good reason for him being the way he is, and doing what he does. however much i loathe the character, the death of his unborn baby is too easy a solution, fairly immoral in my reading. so every time a truth is "inconvenient" we kill it? why not just show the baby come into being and bring great joy to her/his mother's heart? life is not fair, this could have happened, but to engineer it for "convenience" in a story?  writer, is this good for your soul.

perhaps the creators are worried that once shyam goes what will be the conflict of their tale that will take it forward? now, arnav and khushi are in love, the commitment has been taken to a point where a separation doesn't seem feasible in the immediate future. so what will keep the story going?

but that's being lazy, isn't it?

ideally, shyam should be given sweet hell by his wife whom he has injured beyond redemption and the woman he has dared lust after and cheat. 

i worry and worry and worry about the portrayal of women in our telly world. it keeps us all in ugly clothes and neatly corralled following rules set by men centuries ago.

i started fretting about khushi a while back, sensing channel interference and toning down of her individualistic streak. see what's happened to payal. and now i can't practically make out the diff between khushi, akshara, pratigya, sandhya. gosh. i have been saying this in my own way for a while.

i get the feeling, the creatives had no idea ipk would become as popular, almost a cult, as it did. part of its magic was in the writing, but the real ignition lay in that fabled chemistry between two actors. how far these two elements have taken it. yet somewhere along the way an orthodox channel demanded that ipk enter the fold and tone down its hatke being. trouble begins here.

no idea where it ends. 

but yes, if the new story guy has taken ipk this unconscionable route, he better find his way to conscience and beauty again.

(my mind laughs and says: silly woman, do you remember the things you saw in pratigya, and yet sajjan singh is a "star" in star parivaar, whatever that is, and his malevolent family thrives in our "family oriented" channel with nayi soch?)

I agree with you Indi. The extent to which "evil" is shown to have won is unbelievable. This man gets away with murders! Shyaam has attempted to kill Babuji, Anjali, Arnav and had left Khushi to die...even I want Arnav to pick up clues...I have wanted him to do that since a long time. When he came back after getting kidnapped was the best time for him to look for all the clues that Khushi and NK had spoken about. Arnav should have known that a guy like Shyaam will not sit quietly...

Even I dont want the hero to look like he is incapable of anything. Arnav's change in expression yesterday gives me hope...I hope he connects the dots. I hope he sees the scars on Anjali's feet...the shock may have wiped out the pain caused by the glass shards and I doubt anybody will ask her how she fell but time for everybody to look around. Now with the cradle gone, one important proof will also go away😭

I want sweet revenge from Anjali...Daljeet's interview again gives me hope where she said Anjali has always sided with the right so when she finds out about Shyaam's truth, she will go against him. These small things give me lot of hopeπŸ˜†
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
khushi,

long time. great read your post. you know these past few weeks it's been hard to watch ipk. changing, mutating. and suddenly this feast of evil with a blast of music. dadi, shyam, ugh over aah. but even before that, the remarriage and how it came about, the playing with characters, too many things. have tried to not go too much into it though have written a couple of posts protesting, because then i'd just have to quit watching. that may still happen, but till then i try and find something i could ponder on or like or disagree with as calmly as possible. i really like what you said here.

It worked when Shyam wasnt the centerfold of the story... because his evilness got outshone by the good in the IPK world. Why is that not happening?
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
About weak women portrayal

Wont talk about khushi, I have had issues with her.. but will talk about anjali.. Anjali was elder to asr..she faced similar trauma that this boy went thru..Agreed that it impacted her quite bad that she started fearing things and had this insecurity developed.. When he needed mother ,she was caught in her own unhappiness that he had to become her father...  is Anjali's handicap a reason for her weak character..? I have no clue why she doesnt want to face realities some time..She seems to be so delusional..like running away from things...
honeypriya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: jakhushi

Priya... you are too kind babes. And thats why people flock here...not only for your awesome analysis but for always keeping the heart and head together. πŸ€— for that. You know you rock right!😳

Now... see this is what I was afraid of. And honestly... I gathered this and my big Question is what is Gul doing about this????!!!!!. She is the captain of the ship (unless love for Arjun has shifted her focus on a different mythological story πŸ˜†)... when 2 very important leads on your team are going in oppsite direction, it is absolutely impossible to proceed in any direction. Its simple physics!!!

Ego can be very big force...Heck it IS the biggest force in our lives. Even Love for someone else is driven by ego...just that the ego now encompasses another person who you see as the extension of self and belief. Unless the ego of the 2 forces can be united and see only & mind you Only the entire show as a part of their ego...we are going to go downhill and eventually underground.
One doesnt need a psychologist to figure that out!!!!

The fun part is the 2 "extended ego's" in question only have fun on the sets!!! Maybe the pillars of story & direction can learn a few lessons from them!!

I am sure you can figure out how frustrated I am right now... The entire team (not including the actors here) are veterans in the industry. They are expected to understand the pulse of their customer/audience and churn out a product that has the basic strains of that. Else, the audience will endorse another product. You dont need to tell them to watch something else... one can do it through their actions as our man is hell bent on proving😑.

They would be absolutely STUPID, with IQ less than 20, if they believe their EGO can be larger than the product that makes them today. I am sure they know what Sells with their audience...its Time Gul hits them on their knuckles  (one much more than the other if you ask me πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜› - Yes I can be like Kajol in Fanah...kill the lubherboy for the greater good πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†) and asks them to focus on what made IPK... IPK!!

Sigh... waiting for that Priya... Just hope I am not waiting for Godot!

Thankoos...such kind words...when these days I am mostly MIS at the thread 😳

Khoosi, Arshad or Gaurtam 😲 Gul tried playing that inky-ponky game too in last few weeks...πŸ˜† but didnt work - she needs both...Arshad is fine, its time Gautam concedes...we need Shyaam no doubt...but he should know thse two hunks are not in an High-school bout wid the girls cheering for for the bigger stud -- this time the setting is more gory - and SP has aunties too eating their share here...so celebrating the villain over a planned miscarriage is not going to win the case.

They could still get away playing down ASR in that illogical setting with just two slaps - coz the audience was fasting to get that man back on screen after 45 days - but this time the case is different...I mean to simply show that Khushi is going to go against ASR and get Shyaam in the house...just to glorify his golden entry - the screen play writers, need to draw the line big time - its been a year plus the hospital case never emerged...how long will be enough for them to make ASR stronger to understand the Shyaam plots - or he will be forever trapped between the sentiments of the ladies of the house, while the writer uses the women to glorify the evil ???

And another point that was doing rounds, I guess Mou too asked, Sri too - ASR's brain didnt flicker that Shyaam-Daadi are in together - he thought that Shyaam can use Daadi to again ask to meet Anjali, and thats y he rushed to take her home !!!
amisuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hello my beautiful Ladies πŸ˜ƒ

Gr8 discussions on, mazaa aa raha hai padhne mein...

Par raat ka nasha abhi tak utra nahi hai, jai ho Arshad baba ki
--Nishita-- thumbnail
amisuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Acha ek kostin hai...

Jab HP ne ghar ki safai ki toh usse Anjali ke room mein glass pieces nahi milye kya?? And yesterday when the entire family walked in n out of Anjali's room, nobody spotted the glass on the doormat??

And Priya, as u said, what abt the blood stains??
--Nishita-- thumbnail
New Spoiler pics...Blast from the past.