Crooner 1.31 : Kuch aanch baaki hai..UPDATED - Page 25

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by Divya1503

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3179872

😳
chod na divs yahan toh thok ke bhav mein spoilers milte hain!!!!
about asr and bhagya. the opening scene had khushi telling asr some things i agreed with: you are not unsuccessful, sometimes in our lives certain things happen that are outside our control, which can't be stopped. this is bhagya. then she tells him that he must goo and speak too di and she's sure he will find the words he needs to find, this is her vishwas.

between vishwas and bhagya, how caught we are.

some people call it bhagya, some fate, some destiny, some call it chance or randomness. whatever it is, this unpredictabilty and out of nowhereness is an element of life.   

i think as an intelligent human being should arnav come to realise that despite our best efforts things can go wrong, that we can't control everything, it would help him understand life better. however for that, i would not like to play with his beliefs. 

we call him an atheist because he says he doesn't believe in god. he has been nasty to khushi on a couple of occasions about "tumhara bhagwan." the dialogue at the dargah and janmashtami last year come to mind, there may have been a few others. yet, he never stops her from keeping her dm murti in ar's office, he saves her dm from falling and smashing (oooh what a scene), he stops yelling when he comes looking for her at buaji's house and finds that she is praying, he is tolerant of many of his sister's demands re prayer, puja, prashad. interesting, this side of him.

life has dealt him a terrible blow. two parents gone in a day, leaving him vulnerable, bereft, torn and without moorings. he is floating, in the grip of a strong current hurtling him toward an abyss. he fights to survive, to find solid ground. he finds the answer in taking responsibility, of his shattered handicapped sister. he was a kid, but he shows himmat and grows up overnight. perhaps just to keep sane.

then comes the breaking of faith by his uncle. first his dad, now dad's bro.

that burgeoning sense of betrayal and anger within, he needs to focus that somewhere. could that be in his turning away so resolutely from god? you let me down, you were not there when this endless nightmare came to be. if you are all powerful, if believing in you protects us, where were you that night and even now? you, like the other one i trusted, my father, you cannot be trusted. you in fact, are just a figment of our imagination. you do not exist. if you existed, there wouldn't be such pain in this world. this is a cold, harsh world, where only those who depend on themselves and nothing and no one else survive. i deny my father, i deny you.

and as i look at his life i can't blame him for this reaction. i hope he mends. i hope he finds peace. i hope he finds his god his way. sakar, nirakar, nirgun, or in just his soul, quietly, where i do believe it is anyway. shyam worships so much, but is there god in him? is he a believer?

who is theist, who is atheist, who has a moral fibre, who doesn't, who has spirituality, who not, this is so ipk.
Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by soni.b

chod na divs yahan toh thok ke bhav mein spoilers milte hain!!!!

her prev news were true Soni diπŸ˜•I dint understand the second point, I mean remarriage n Shyam's entryπŸ˜•
Priya,

Havent been able to post on Monday's episode... but I did read your Crooner. Brilliant take...Trust you to call a spade a sapde, without drowning in Bashing.

I thought both the episodes were  brilliant in parts.. 

On Monday, I loved Daljeet. Finally the actress in her woke up. And her realization of the truth only when she sees her Chotey - extraordinary screenplay.

The entire cast did a great job.

The music was brilliant...and some amazing shots on both the days. Especially Monday. Both Sobti & Sanaya were good... Sobti in ASR's grief, Sanaya as Khushi, the anchor. She brought in the 'therawd" (dang...how do I spell this hindi word πŸ˜•), that the scene required.

Yet, I thought the hug lacked the intensity that both should have got on the scene. Especially for ASR. While the final shot was beautiful...after I rewatched it, but I still felt that hug should have been the hug of someone who was trying to draw strength by that contact and the other trying protect him from his pain. That didnt come through for me.

I agree with you that AK should have demanded more from his actors - afterall Sobti & Sanaya cant see the scene while enacting it - he can.

Now on Shyam.
Maybe I am jumping the gun here - but I do continue to feel that focus on the evilness of Shyam will not hold their audience for long.

Darkness fascinates me... actually Grey does it for me more. Thats why I love ASR's character, but I digress. But I do believe darkness can appeal to people in short doses only. Unless ofcourse, one has sociopathic strains πŸ˜‰. We all need a little ray of sunshine at the end of a long cold day.

There is enough pain in the real world, everyday grind that can pull you down, question your basic belief in humanity, in love, even decency. In a daily soap, the audience tunes in at the end of a long and maybe not so nice day, to see good triumph over evil. No social re-engineering causes needed to be taken up...but unless one can identify with the problem on screen and see the good overcome the evil (which might or might be the case in real life), why will that audience be drawn back to the show?

It worked when Shyam wasnt the centerfold of the story... because his evilness got outshone by the good in the IPK world. Why is that not happening?
I am yet to understand the significance & the need for Shyam setting up the video in RM - did anything come out of it really? Yet that was one example of evil going scot free...and without any further consequence to the story line. I do have an issue with such points.

I know Abhaas is a pretty decent actor - but are the actors & the love for them tweaking the storyline/screenplay to some extent? If so... that is extremely unfortunate.

I am sorry for the rant... I saw your response to Indrani di's post and I couldnt agree more. Ofcourse, IPK also does team me to be an optimist...so I will continue to be one. Aur option bhi toh nehi hai

But I think somewhere, we need something which is a little more substantial than  2+1slaps & 8 punches  for attempt to 2 murders (on 4 counts) , 1 kidnapping, 1 emotional attachyar and 1 murder of an unborn child.

I am hoping they can deliver atleast something strong in the interim, even if they dont close the chapter and bring him back on why he wants revenge track.

Again sorry for the rant... got carried away 😳

The story is better paced now... that is something I really appreciate.
Technically they are doing quite a good job for the past 2 episodes. And I am loving the bond that is getting strengthened between Arnav & Khushi in these trying times.

her prev news were true Soni diπŸ˜•I dint understand the second point, I mean remarriage n Shyam's entryπŸ˜•
sweetie...true or not true...doesn't make a difference...i mean why stress beforehand...epi ke pehle guess karke dimaag kyun kharab karna...dikhayange wohi jo unhe dikhana hai!!! so chill!!!!
and as far as their marriage is concerned...i already consider them married just like ASR!!!!πŸ˜†

exactly Priya,

i dont know whether you r reading this...though d phangirl in me doing dhinka chika but  but...

1. khushi's dialogues...i wanted them to touch d heart...somewhere in this rush d character has taken a beating...

2. what was need of showing Shyam's entry for whole 3 mins? ok drama element...

3. pls for god's sake stop showing d women as dumbos...i guess its enuf now

5. i seriously wish that Shyam has some solid reasons to justify his hatred or revenge against Raizadas...killing your own unborn child and thus risking d mother's life is no small crime...

6. nobody talking about d glass shards and how anjali's feet ...😲😲

7. last but not d least ...i come from Amitabh Bachchan genre...d mukkkas should have looked more better...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰...hitting Shyamu not stopping in d air...

sorry for ranting...as i always say i never pick up d remote ...i watch , rewatch and criticise too...because IPK is a part of my life...not just a work of fiction on SP...me phangirlπŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Originally posted by honeypriya

Di loved ur take...on a plin view level the epi woked fine for me too - not as great as Monday, but it was fine...as a phann gurll ASR BG music and the punches worked...and thats it, Di...

My issue is they are trying something which is beyond the scope of the telly setting, which is creating and will extent more backlash their way - they are playing with the evil nd darkness...which is fine - but at the cost of two women - earlier it was Khushi who was trampled without any rectification after the kidnapping track...and yesterday was Anjali.

it was like he trapped ASR to behave the way he wanted..Daadi is an uni-dimensional character...its time they show the match of ASR-shyaam to be of equals...the evil here has been winning since the Bauji's track without any justification...

to top it Di, right now its on moral grounds - a cold blooded murderer and they showing his entry as if he has won the Oscars...CVs need to rectify this ASAP.

I'll still buy that he is going to play with her emotional dependency now - but then Di at what cost are they glorifying the eveil
Edited by mouramen - 11 years ago
Originally posted by soni.b

sweetie...true or not true...doesn't make a difference...i mean why stress beforehand...epi ke pehle guess karke dimaag kyun kharab karna...dikhayange wohi jo unhe dikhana hai!!! so chill!!!!
and as far as their marriage is concerned...i already consider them married just like ASR!!!!πŸ˜†

okies!!!πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ btw I'm done with all my modules n head ache bhi hello hi bye bye hogayi!!!!!! aaj se back in full form!!!!!😎 πŸ˜† πŸ˜† 
A poem for ASR in Rilke's words...

"Quiet friend who has come so far,
feel how your breathing makes more space around you.
Let this darkness be a bell tower
and you the bell. As you ring,

what batters you becomes your strength.
Move back and forth into the change.
What is it like, such intensity of pain?
If the drink is bitter, turn yourself to wine.

In this uncontainable night,
be the mystery at the crossroads of your senses,
the meaning discovered there.

And if the world has ceased to hear you,
say to the silent earth: I flow.
To the rushing water, speak: I am." 

~Rainer Maria Rilke

Fabulous Crooner, hun...Sorry, I am so late to the game!! Hope and a prayer...the atheist finally came home...or at least thats what the CVs wanted us to take away from Monday's episode.  I was completely ambiguous watching the epi earlier today...a bit confused watching the man onscreen...a man who wrote his own destiny, who is THE believer in all things ASR, so dejected, so ready to seemingly give up...Priya, somewhere, the CVs had me stumped with this ASR, yaar...a disconnect! Yes, he was in a hospital, yes, it was a dialogue seemingly with himself, but as you said, he finally let her in--memories coming crashing around him.. Yes, he internalized Di's pain just as we thought he would, yes, he took responsibility for letting her down, but the biggest flaw in Monday's epi was the fact that the man onscreen was NOT the ASR I know!  

I sorely missed that ASR from Feb. 15th, yaar...those eyes ablaze with fury, vowing to avenge his Di...This ASR was ready to throw in the towel on life, that shaatir dimaag seemingly gone for a toss!!!  Weakness personified to a point that as a viewer, I could not relate to him...For me it was a two part failure--1) The screenplay--ASR's grief does not need to be OTT, but grief can and is the catalyst for the phoenix to rise; they should have shown the angst; the horror of losing his niece or nephew to be--a determination to find out how and why his Di got hurt!  Is ASR so clueless as to not notice the lacerations on her feet?  To not question the doctor again and in depth about the possible cause of trauma?  Doesn't the electrical shock that she received have anything to do with this; why didn't the doc say anything? Where is the logic here??? Which makes me want to believe that the doc is in cahoots with the snake...cliched to the max if thats the case!! 2)  The execution--very blase.  Having skipped two episodes over two day, it did little to stir me.  Reel me in...The only redeeming part of the epi was that hug: PERFECT...Sanaya NAILED it!  She looks him in the eye, just takes him in her arms, holds him close, those hands placed behind his head...consoling him in the most beautiful way she knows...She lets the tears flow...lets him have his moment...pouring her strength into him...The pain so visceral, so arresting...Vighnaharta stands as witness...Beautiful.  Sobti was shortchanged, BIG TIME!!! No. Doubt. About. It!

Tuesday's epi continued with the hug and the hands united in the presence of the remover of obstacles was the most poignant moment in the epi.  Another reminder that this union needs no pheras, no rasams, nothing to define what they mean to each other...Vinayaka has already blessed them and willed them to be together...Even as ASR was taking Shyam on, her hand was never far away from his...My biggest problem here is that I still do not find Shyam an adversary worthy of ASR.  Part of the failure lies with Abhaas and the director, but fundamentally, Shyam is nothing more than a pandering, philandering coward.  Period.  Not worthy of anything more than a Dhaiya-ho parody; a psychotic fruitcake, who just needs to be done away with.  After seeing him in that hospital scene with Anjali, I felt no fear, yaar; only intense irritation and anger that he is still around! The only reason the punches worked for me is because I want him gone now...he's been given too much screen space.  Ultimately, his juvenile scheming does not justify the miscarriage; and now its getting redundant!  Does that make sense?  Or is this the CVs' intention?  Anyway, I am way too tired to think it through...

Thank God, I saw the wheels turning in ASR's head--the only silver lining to seeing Dadi-Shyam together🀒; really, amen for small mercies...Dunno how much longer I can be part of this pseudo good vs. evil play...Coupled with this new writer who is still learning the ropes, I am in FFing mode as necessary until I see something worth tuning in for...

I am sorry if I destroyed the "essence" of the epi for anyone; ArHi united and strong in their love is such a beautiful thing; I only wish Shyam were a true nemesis...Better I go into nazar andaaz mode again, rather than become a ttl Debbie Downer...πŸ˜›

ETA~

Just realized I ttly skipped over this part of the "kahaani" element...yeah, thats how much it impacted me!πŸ˜†πŸ˜›  Felt flat, yaar...I hope they elaborate on it further...a year later, I was so hungering for more...Of course, its so clear that only one "angle" was seen and heard...just makes the hurt that much worse...
Edited by Nandalala - 11 years ago

okies!!!πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ btw I'm done with all my modules n head ache bhi hello hi bye bye hogayi!!!!!! aaj se back in full form!!!!!😎 πŸ˜† πŸ˜† 
wow that is good news!!!!πŸ˜ƒ