Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amisuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

Vighnaharta in the background. And the mighty ASR accepting defeat, admitting to his failures in protecting his loved ones. Not sure what the CVs want to point out here. Or this is a msg from SP 😕

suvi,

🤗 for that. i was also a bit what the. but chose not to interpret anything. lovely thought on sp bahu not saying "arnavji, inhe mat maariye."

i had a little disconnect with my most fave man yesterday. but it was a great episode in terms of the writing, esp for asr and their love story rapidly progressing to a place of absolute trust and giving. no complaints. eagerly waiting for tonight.

Thanks Indi Di 😊 It is an undelying msg from the orthodox channel. That to be a non-believer is a crime.
soni.b thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

priya,

after watching the episode, i was restless, i was strangely dissatisfied, a bit sad, everything felt flat. 12.30am, i came to crooner, thinking, i need to hear what priya feels about this. or am i the only one?

saw the episode again this morning. same result. i found you at last, and i was relieved to note i am not the only one.

the past: i completely agree with you, that if a man has suffered for more than half his life owing to it, it must have the depth and complexity to somewhere make that premise work. a simple ghalat faimi, where miraculously the man considered to be wrong in arnav's eyes suddenly becoming "good." a woman, his mother no less, who has nurtured him and his sister close to two decades, and who kills herself that night, is conveniently interpreted as "weak," so that you can return to the fold of pro establishment pro patriarchy ideas, is all a bit messy, and patently unfair to the story they seem to have started with. too simplistic, in bengali we say: ja poddyo miley ja. go poem, rhyme. too unevolved.

some time back, i'd kind of had this strong feeling about "sins of fathers" and history repeating as arnav sets right every wrong of the past, i thought that was the crux of the story. as a viewer, i will develop a certain understanding and sometimes "see" the course of the river even before it comes into view. but i am always prepared to be wrong as long as the story turns out to be better and stronger and far more imaginative than what i thought it was. as a kid, was addicted to agatha christie for a while. used to always try to predict who's the culprit. in the beginning when i could, it would thrill me, i'd feel clever. soon enough, when again and again i was correct, i started to disengage. the thrill departed. poirot and miss marple still feel exciting, but i don't read christie any more. di i still love reading christie and yes love predicting the culprit too!!!!

please keep the past deep and impactful.

acting: again priya, you are right to remind the director he has a powerhouse of talent at his bidding. he can push barun sobti to deliver at a much much more breath taking level. also sanaya irani.

asr's words i felt were true and real. i am a failure. i failed. i tried to be happy watching my sister's happiness. there was sensitivity, nuance, and an understanding of the character in the dialogues. but the execution didn't work for me. the asr i know will not weep in a hospital waiting area quite like that. yes, tears may spill out, yes, he may put his head down in despair, his voice may even wobble, but this felt flat (again i use the word), not nuanced. not well thought out. not true. 

barun sobti is capable of so much more. he can take you to another plane of anguish without a single tear, the slightest obvious interpretation. i missed that. tears never welled up inside me. 

i watched from the outside. rare when i'm with asr. 

i liked khushi's interjection: i will stay. she can't leave him like that. ever since that night that he spoke of his mother, she has known there is something she will do for him no matter what. she will be there for him when he needs her. in this simple decision, i see a lot of our spunky girl from lucknow. if it feels right, she will do it, no matter what the "norm" is. remember that dash to meet payal's bridegroom to be?

what i didn't like was again the lack of crafting in khushi's acting/expression. continuously tearful and worried. the emoting could have been worked on. 

i liked the anjali and her moment of truth. fine writing there: real tragedy, horror in one's life sinks in at strange moments. tears in chhote's eyes, across the distance, on the other side of the glass door (again glass, glass everywhere), just one look and a message travels through space right to the heart and the belly of the mother, the sister, the one whose happiness means everything to the boy with tears in his eyes, he who has lost all his own sense of joy and only when he sees her smiling he feels everything is ok. beautiful bit of direction.

however, the opening sequence in the room felt noisy and overdone. both in terms of music, acting, frames. a certain loudness. do men hang around in a room soon after a miscarriage? in traditional set ups as we are seeing here, i think that's a bit off isn't it? frames crowded with faces with the same expression, loads of tears, daljeet acting but again a bit too much. like no one has spent time entering the situation, the words, and owning them. usually this is never a problem with our fab group of actors. only daljeet of late has been a little disappointing. 

i need to say something else. it's personal, excuse the indulgence. i have stood in a hospital waiting area outside an iccu and prayed silently to a ganesh idol to save my loved one. that's the first time it registered that an image of god is kept in such places. my loved one did not survive. but i never felt god had not answered nor lost faith in whatever it is i believe in. i was anguished. i was devastated. i never felt god took her away from me. i felt human bungling did. to constantly tie the divine to each trial and tribulation of our life seems like abdicating our role in this life.

(the reason khushi's ties with dm feel honest and natural is because dm is really like a mother to this girl who just so misses her own mom. there's innocence and loveliness in this relationship. i respect and adore that, all her little conversations with dm, her quarrels. they say ramkrishna used to play with maa kaali. if you believe without ego, the relationship goes somewhere else. khushi's has that element for me.)

i was a bit disturbed to see that whole "i am a failure" scene played out in front of an idol that has come to symbolise success amongst a large number of hindus. what was the message here? was there one? 

he said, i tried, i tried very hard, but i failed. i understand that. i appreciate his trying. in no way is it less because he didn't include god as many people understand god, in his efforts. he came from the deepest love, the most unshakeable conscience, and he tried his utmost to see someone else happy. what beauty. how many people act with this purity. in that purity i see sacred, i see god.

i do not think worshipping in the prescribed way of one group of people is the only way to pray or be connected with the eternal, the one who knows, the one who is. if arnav s raizada works out his relationship with god in his own way, and moves along his belief path with his conviction, i am fine. but exactly where he is today is just fine for me too. there is no lack of god there as far as i am concerned. i agree with u di...i too don't believe there is any one way of praying to god...but would like to see it positively...ganpati is known to remove obstacles...vinghnaharta...his presence here could and hopefully mean that arnav-khushi together will overcome the obstacles with the blessing of the lord!!!!

i hope khushi who has a funny wisdom tells him, no sir no way are you a failure. 

and i know what priya says is true, kuch aanch baaki hai, after burning completely, the phoenix will rise again.

i hope our storyteller has the courage and faith to stay with his story. i wish him luck.

di...as usual loved ur post!!!!
@bold...absolutely agree with you!!!
anjali's realisation scene was perfect...loved it and daljeet was superb!!!! as far as the crowded room is concerned...this is the soap version...away from reality...if i am not mistaken after surgery only one or two people are allowed in the room at a time...even after my delivery they didn't allow more than 3 people at a time!!!!
as far as performances are concerned...i guess am easily pleased...cause i could connect with the characters and their emotions...and am not going into the technical aspect!!!
my major rant usually is regarding the logic and the costumes!!!!😆
soni.b thumbnail
hey farha!!!!
how are you??? hope doing better!!!
Divya1503 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3178888

million dollar question!!! 🤣
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: soni.b

hey farha!!!!

how are you??? hope doing better!!!

Hi Soni!

Much better now .. 😊 And thus I am available in crooner to some extent. In a pretty good mood too after watching the off-screen segments. 😊 

Hope you & your family are doing good!
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Ankita.M

Priya WOW :| your posts are a pleasure to read, and they see through so much more than what is shown :| I can't begin to gauge what I feel after seeing it. I do think like you, that the flashbacks or the story of Arnav's life could have been shown in a more forceful manner, but then again I think his past is the driving force of his character, and it is going to take a lot of time for it to come out in the way we want to see it. Yesterday's episode was the first time ASR broke down, the man who thought he could write his destiny, the man who didn't believe anything could make him bow down, bowed down to the pain in his own heart that couldn't wait to be let out finally. It hurt to see a man like Arnav Singh Raizada say he failed, but one could see through the man whose yet a kid, who lost his childhood, shouldering so much pain, hurt and responsibility. He had hoped to bring happiness in his sisters and his life but everytime he thought he could move ahead, life proved him wrong. And yesterday he probably couldn't take it anymore and broke down. And in my opinion I believe there could have been no better time than this. Today when he had found someone who has taught him to trust and love again, a feeling he had no idea about, he knew she was the only one who could provide him with some comfort, ease her pain, just like she was trying to do with his sister a while ago.

The highlights of the episode for me were - 

- A lot of people saying that Khushi had less to do, but for me she had the most to do yesterday. Through her silence presence, her tears for the two people she loves so much, her comfort to them, she proved she was the angel of the house. Every frame I saw her, the only word that came to my mind was 'angel'.  No one probably realizes this now but I believe that she is the one that will bring the lost happiness back to the Raizada's heal Anjali's pain, heal Arnav's pain and bring their broken life back together. Yes there is a storm of the past lurking above them, yes it could break ArHi apart, but even then just like today, through her silent presence she shall always be there.
 P.S - Sanaya aces in emotional scenes, her hugs, her emotional support, beautifully showcased by her.

- I bow down to Daljeet and Barun, the scene which was the best according to me, when Anjali looks into Arnav's eyes and her denial transits into acceptance, when she finally accepts she lost the baby. When she sees into her brothers broken eyes and tears of helplessness she realizes she lost again, they lost again. That scene almost spelled out their relation to me.

- Barun stole the show for me, a brilliant performance, par excellence I'd say. The way Arnav broke down, the way he let himself break down and did not clam up like I thought, was what stood out for me. He finally let his heart out and I am glad he did. His feelings pain me and hurt me too, how much has he even gone through. It was a beautiful execution where we got all our answers about why Arnav became ASR, why did he ever react the way he did to what he saw on the terrace between Shyam and Khushi. 

Never seen a story so beautifully executed, so maturely I'd say. Such an intense story, so many layers and I;ve never really seen the creatives play around with it. Very sensitively handled.

Love your post Priya 🤗

Hey Ankita,

Absolutely loved what you wrote, Admist my praise for Barun , I didnt mention Sanaya, she was superb yesterday too,specially in last scene where she hugs him and you indeed describe khushi's presence there very beautifully..yes indeed she is an angel for these raizada's siblings.. and also loved that Anjali-Arnav scene that you described.It was perfectly executed shot for me... It did have me in tears..I thought Daljeet was outstanding and so was Barun 👏 and lastly I absolutely loved what you wrote in bold above..👏

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: bs_deeps

Last night I fell in love with Arnav Singh Raizada once again..His one dialogue " I have failed dammit"had me..It is not a very easy for anyone to accept that..Usual tendency is that, when we are facing success in life we say that "I/we have planned well".."we worked so hard for it"..but when one faces failure,we either blame god or circumstances or the third person..But this man, didn't even think twice before holding himself responsible..

This also made me think how similar he and Khushi are..Holding themselves responsible for every wrong thing that happens around them..For me, ASR blamming himself has nothing to do with his belief in god,it is nature..Khushi believes in DM, yet she thinks she is responsible for certain actions..I don't see it as his failure infront of God..

I don't know if there will be a time when these two will realize that they can't fix everything.

(irrelevent, but I also love the way he opens his eyes after sleep, its so natural, havent seen anyone else doing that)

I would have preferred less tears from Khushi while ASR is pouring out his heart..But I loved
the way she held his head during hug..

deeps,
just wonderful the way you explained it's not asr's beliefs but his nature that makes him take responsibility for things going wrong. no passing the buck. 
very astute that comparison with a similar streak in khushi's character.

and philosophical that question, when will they realise...

in red, deeps, nothing abs nothing about him is ever irrelevant 😆 i love adore the way he opens his eyes after sleep. ufff.

in blue, i agree, she cried nonstop, it distracted me. a little more thinking needed for these admittedly tough rather emotional scenes.

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
soni,

thanks. you are always so sweet. i just read your take and enjoyed it much. i know you thoroughly enjoyed the episode, wonderful. your other points were most correct and pointed. you mentioned mamiji and how natural her refusal to leave the room. it was lovely that scene. in fact, mamiji whenever she is defending or taking care of or worrying over or talking to her three bacchas is always so damn real. fine actress that one. 

na re, jaani na keno, kaal amar connection missing. i am sad, what a meaningful episode with pataka dialogues for mera asr and i was hmmm.

but i am always thrilled when i read how good the crooner girls found the performances. makes me happy. we meet every day, kind of nice to hang around joy and mirth. maybe for me the rona dhona was a bit too nonstop? pata nahin. not to worry, tonight's the night.
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Omoraboti

Hi Soni!

Much better now .. 😊 And thus I am available in crooner to some extent. In a pretty good mood too after watching the off-screen segments. 😊 

Well I advised you to stay away from IF...😆 What are you doing here..? BTW which page is ur take?
soni.b thumbnail

Originally posted by: Omoraboti

Hi Soni!

good to hear that ur feeling better!!!! the off-screen segment was hilarious...and its great to see them all having fun!!!! am good and thankfully family too!!!