Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cadence_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Have read 100 odd posts from yesterday, but none, absolutely none could impress me as much as this did... Not because you justified Barun, but because you understood and made me understand how that scene was supposed to be and how different was it from 15th Feb breakdown. The emotions and situations were different, so the portrayal had to be different.

Happiness by its very nature is transient.. like trying to hold sand in our hands but for ASR, the sand seems especially slippery. 'I don't know...everything just goes away'.

beautifully written πŸ‘πŸ‘

thanks very much dear for your very kind words!!! 😳😳 you are too kind.. there are many ppl here who write brilliantly.. but if what I have written touched you somewhere, i am really happy! πŸ€—
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: honeypriya

Di you have put it up very beautifully...I do disagree in few points, but agree on most of it 

Di it was touching on the first watch - but it was more heartbreaking on the second watch , as thats when I was connecting with the base of the characters I had in my mind...as then I knew what he meant when he said "I failed"...on first watch - I could not at all take - ASR putting his head down to say "I tried but I failed"...and then I went back to the development of the charcter sketch from the drawing board perespective - and thought will a man like ASR ever say that - did Howard Roark ever say he failed...and then I found they do...for them it was not being in the hospital lounge, not even the "vighna harta" was overlooking his confession...

But that he was admitting it to the woman who has the "healing powers"...and where at a point these men concede...that where every other place silence has always been their "answer or admittance" of any conversation of this weightage - to the woman who is their soul mate...there is somewhere a giving in - that to them they have to word these failings and fears...for normal people they can share there fears with many...for these men, it isnt the same...when she comes and sits next to him, he is finally at calm with himself to talk it out - before that he was restlessly pacing - not even the presence of God could he breathe and the images flashing in his mind were all disconnect...mbut when he sat down he had threaded his words and images...and finally he says to her...and highlight was that in the total conscience that to whom he is saying,that's why in last 5 mins,the dialogues have a stress each time he says Khushi...Roark had confessed only to Dominique the night she got married to Peter.

All said that yesterday the direction should have leveraged more...and agree the first couple of mins were chaos...but yes,there could have been more from Sanaya...but the scene where she holds Anjali when she breaks down and and the hug at the end...for me those two scenes were so beautifully done by her and impact full...I didn't get disconnect from her character at all..

As Gandhari said and I was myself thinking last two days,Sanaya does the hugs so damn beautifully...the element of Khushi lights up in those moments...she contrasts the character of ASR wonderfully...

Agreed to ur personal take...at moments like these we bow down to God...but at the moment like that yesterday ASR decided to visit himself, with Khushi and took the journey...that said it all...

priya,

beautifully put and i absolutely agree with you. i loved the writing yesterday. he can only say such words to one person in this whole wide world. the woman who has crossed her own barriers and all of his to enter his heart and make it feel again. make him feel himself again.

which is why i had no discord at all with what he said. to her he can admit, that he, who took such a major decision at the tender age of 14, who showed himmat, who tried all he could, he failed to achieve what he had set out to. 

fabulous writing. "i am a failure" made me want to break down and cry. words to the effect of: when i'd see di happy, i would feel happiness. how terrifically sensitive the crafting by the writer of a boy shattered. at how many facets of the character the writer looks and finds the consequences of that evening. asr doesn't even feel happiness. that is also experienced looking at, via, his dearest most beloved sibling. how broken is the boy by that betrayal of that night. the stunning loss of it, a shock that makes everything shut down.

till khushi comes.

it was perhaps the direction or the performance or maybe even the pacing of those intense scenes that somehow got in the way of my getting connected.

i especially liked sanaya in three places:
1. when she cuts into anjali's desperate prattle that all is well and puts a hand on her cheek to say, no your rajkumari will not come.

2. when she just baldly states she's staying back.

3. when she clutches his sleeve, and turns him around to hug him, and then just holds him there giving him everything, loving him, letting it flow into him. he feels the giving, he begins to calm, how much of sadness is there in him. she is the only one who can help him resolve and let go.

yes, as gandhari has pointed out, there is a beautiful quality to sanaya's hugs. or rather to khushi's hugs. and the contrast is palpable and gorgeous.

sanaya has a difficult task ahead in terms of range of emotions to be explored as we enter a very sombre period. hope she can nuance it with her usual deep understanding.

-Facetious- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Kya baat hai!! Looks like CVs have lifted the gag order for some days.. UMTv had a segment, and now SBS and SBB has it too..
indi52 thumbnail
Originally posted by: riti4u

Hey Indi di,

Just read your take and couldnt help responding from busy outing..what have you done to me di πŸ˜†.. I agree on one thing that Barun is definately capable of more powerful scene as you and Priya did mention and definately if you see impact , feb 15 is still my best till date..but he touched me somewhere last night...I dont knw but I could feel variety of emotions in such short span of time ... I made a post too on  that ..will be posting a link for that soon here.. what emotions that I felt in his words- I failed was that Guilt and helplessness, that inspite of giving it all...he cudnt provide happiness to his di... Di long back if you remember we had a discussion on faith ..you and I had different views on it..only time we differπŸ˜ƒ..there I had said that this man believes that he can do everything and can control his life but I need his faith to be restored. Yes he is not the one to go and cry in front of God and plead.. but he has to realise that sometimes there are situations in our life where we fail too..😊.. Arnav Singh Raizada the man cannot win against destiny even though he claims to create his own destiny ..hope I made some sense of my blabbering πŸ˜†..I respect those who dont believe in God but I still hold view that we have to believe in some power up there which is above us.. Reason khushi was never alone was because she believed in such power and reason why this man was so alone inspite of everything was he didnt believed in one...

hi riti,

i remember that interesting conversation of ours πŸ˜† whether we believe in god or not, life will chuck googlies at us. personally, for me, life is a constant play of destiny and character. and i do feel there are times when the correct action with the right intention influences destiny. but there is also inexplicable randomness. some day someone might understand and explain that. 

i actually find god in arnav singh raizada's conscience and his himmat. i don't think he is an atheist in the sense of ridiculing those who believe, it is just that he doesn't believe in that way. tumhara bhagwan, if you recall. 

whenever his loved ones need him for some religious thing, he presents himself, not too enthusiastically, but he does come, he even takes prashad. the only time he has been nasty about god i think is when she gave him a lecture about dm back at the dargah and he released the pictures into media saying let's see how your god saves you now. and that pretty much made sure, she moved to his city, delhi πŸ˜†. act of dm? yeah, i believe if you are righteous, god will make sure you're looked after and what you need comes to you. and if you're intelligent, sometime or the other you'll sense this power. but in  your own way. 

i am keen to see how the writers explore this side of arnav s as he heals and feels more like himself in his love for khushi and through her love for him.

Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: -SH-

Kya baat hai!! Looks like CVs have lifted the gag order for some days.. UMTv had a segment, and now SBS and SBB has it too..

Read the WU of  e24 .. I am loving the way CVs have played with the wedding so smartly. πŸ˜† I never felt they were in favour of a grand wedding again but they had channel & social pressure and so they moved ahead. They have reminded us with those scenes that they have "indeed" fulfilled all the Rasams .. and this is just "repeat telecast". So now the channel & audience will get a simple, private wedding since they asked for it! πŸ˜†
Edited by Omoraboti - 11 years ago
Cadence_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Omoraboti

Read the WU of  e24 .. I am loving the way CVs have played with the wedding so smartly. πŸ˜† I never felt they were in favour of a grand wedding again but they had channel & social pressure and so they moved ahead. They have reminded us with those scenes that they have "indeed" fulfilled all the Rasams .. and this is just "repeat telecast". So now the channel & audience will get a simple, private wedding since they asked for it! πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† bingo!! i love love the idea of a private wedding. my heart's desire for A and K
Edited by mashira - 11 years ago
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
@Priya :- You write wonderful. I do follow your crooner always but just have to say that a beautiful episode becomes much more than that after I read your crooner post and Sari's SG thread. The way you both describe the episode, makes me love the episode even more.

I have nothing much to add to what you have written here. Absolute treat it was to watch yesterday's episode and I do hope the past has much more story than what Arnav was told or Arnav saw. Just make it a solid dhamakedaar past worthy of the wait the viewers had for the past 14 months.

Coming to the promotion of the show, I don't understand why channel and PH are not promoting this show at all. I saw Mahadev's Kaali promo on Star plus at least 5 times and it is a competing show for Iss pyar ko. Why is the channel not airing its 8 PM show's promo when it is airing Mahadev's promo. Star plus is now doing promos for shaandaar shukruvar for behena, candle and wick and yeh rishta because Friday Sept 7th, we have KBC coming in. So Star plus promotes only those shows it feels is having competition, Is it? The slots it thinks is fine,  I don't think it promotes at all. With promotion this serial will definitely clock in 3.5+ TRPs. Now is the time for the PH to push for promotions, if they want to milk the effects of their hard work till now. Can someone not contact the Star plus channel or the PH.
soni.b thumbnail
priya!!! updated on pg 2
indi52 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Parsha

Alien Di' ASR ...her hero...she will never let this man cry...and completely understand why...but it was before God and before his wife...he can let it go there..his moments of failure..confession.. weakness...his love, the chosen one is suppose to know.
Mighty always...brave forever...he can be a Man sometimes..this was one of those times..and dii Mcfury in waiting ...let him vent and take it out...he will rise and shine..stronger and brighter!!

hey parsha,
i have nothing against him crying. in fact, he has to, if he has to let go of the past that he holds so tightly and hurts all the time. one can never let it all go and put everything behind oneself, but true love is indeed healing and he is going to. crying was not the issue, it was the lack of range and nuance. for me. 

awww, i was the only naughty yesterday who did not adore bs. kitni demanding hai yeh phangurrl, bhery bad. but i know, our boy can deliver at a higher level. πŸ˜³ oh that fight scene the night before raksha bandhan? tears in his voice, tears in his eyes, silk and salt and a sense of the end of the world in his delivery. this actor can make me breathe differently. πŸ˜†
indi52 thumbnail
omoraboti,

lovely take. i also had a lack of connect with the episode, strangely enough. because, as you say, it had all the ingredients of a fabulous episode. the story was taut and clear, the writing was brilliant i felt, especially the dialogues of asr and khushi. the reticent one in full spate and the talkative one just absorbing his pain quietly, the beautiful giving hug at the end. the direction at a couple of places was inspired. i did feel the acting was too loud in the beginning in anjali's room. personally, i loved the bro sis connect and her acceptance of tragedy on seeing its presence i his eye. yet, i was dry eyed, like you. 

also i felt barun is capable of much finer acting as is sanaya. a bit flat, could be a direction thing, could be interpretation falling short. 

maybe my mindset was also not what it could have been at the time of viewing, or the opening was so loud it shut me down, no idea. some things cannot be analysed, so i am letting it be and hoping today will be better.