Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

3/9 Dragon Club: Chaddi Buddies? (Page 53)

MelodiousDreams IF-Rockerz
MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Samanalyse

@Borna: We can fix that now that I am in a different time zone! LOL

Anyway. I was thinking a lot about Yash's anger and I realised it has not been a single, fixed emotion for more than one or two episodes. If we look more closely, there is a whole parallel narrative right there in all the different emotions Yash has gone through since they came back from Mumbai. To be honest, I never thought of any of these episodes as fillers. They are just a little harder to understand because we don't know the root cause, but I just love seeing the story that Yash's unexplained behaviour is telling us and trying to interpret that, while simultaneously incorporating the details we get from the flashbacks. It is really like a putting together a jigsaw puzzle where you don't have the top of the box for a guide! Wink

I am fairly certain everything is going to fall neatly into place when we see the whole picture, and I have DABH to thank for that. There also the male lead was acting insufferable but the explanation they gave his character to wrap that up and the way it culminated left nobody unsatisfied and un-dazzled. I have full confidence that we have a similar climax coming here, and I am nothing but totally excited!

Ah yes! You're in a closer time zone now! Big smile

@bold: *bone-crushing hug* That's exactly how I've felt about this entire post-Mumbai "track" - I keep referring to it as a jigsaw puzzle, too. There are colors and patters and lots of pieces, but we don't know where they fit yet...Sometimes we might mistake a piece for being something that it isn't...I'm being confusing now, so I'll shut up and let you do the talking! LOL

Isn't this the fascinating thing about PV's narrative as a whole? Ever since the very first episode, when I remember staunchly refusing to associate Aarti with the words "sati-savitri" and the negative connotations that came with those words, we've been taken on this journey where we're constantly forming opinions and then having to reassess and re-evaluate our understanding of the characters based on the way they deal with their circumstances, both internal and external. There's a constant undercurrent of change and evolution...And so I continue to wait and watch patiently...

PS - The DABH viewers pessimism phase...I feel like I remember that because I randomly saw all this negativity on YT...And when people on IF were all apologetic after things cleared up, I realized, "Ah. 'Wait and watch with patience' is the mantra with being a viewer of a Mittals show."

Needless to say, my excitement is only rising with every passing episode! Plus we're getting to see such superb performances from each and every cast member - what more could we ask for? (Besides more GC-KS interviews...that's beside the point)

I'll have to leave you all now! Expecting a ton of great discussion pages to be waiting for me after I finish all my mountains of homework!

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

angakenirmalac99smileymj10Kittya_CullenInduG64Allbut1lulujjjjSamanalyseAngeloScurojyoti06ilovepyaarLoveforlife

MelodiousDreams IF-Rockerz
MelodiousDreams
MelodiousDreams

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 6:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kt25

@All - When Yash keeps talking about that "Uss Barsaat Waali Raat" he keeps imagining Arti in rain but that scene where Arti is playing in the rain does not look like it was shot during their Mumbai trip. If I am not mistaken that was when she was playing in the rain when she went out to the patio of their bedroom to collect the clothes before they got wet. I also remember yash chiding her and making a statement that he does not approve childish acts .Am I right in thinking this or did I miss something where she was playing in the rain some other time in Mumbai and doing the same task of collecting the clothes Confused

You're exactly right! Smile It was the time he reprimanded her for her "bachpana", but all he seems to be focusing on now is the fact that Aarti was uninhibited and happily carefree while playing with the rain...Quite an interesting (and telling) moment to repeatedly focus on...

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

kt25nirmalac99angakelulujjjjSamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64Allbut1jyoti06ilovepyaarLoveforlife

kt25 Goldie
kt25
kt25

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MelodiousDreams

Originally posted by kt25

@All - When Yash keeps talking about that "Uss Barsaat Waali Raat" he keeps imagining Arti in rain but that scene where Arti is playing in the rain does not look like it was shot during their Mumbai trip. If I am not mistaken that was when she was playing in the rain when she went out to the patio of their bedroom to collect the clothes before they got wet. I also remember yash chiding her and making a statement that he does not approve childish acts .Am I right in thinking this or did I miss something where she was playing in the rain some other time in Mumbai and doing the same task of collecting the clothes Confused

You're exactly right! Smile It was the time he reprimanded her for her "bachpana", but all he seems to be focusing on now is the fact that Aarti was uninhibited and happily carefree while playing with the rain...Quite an interesting (and telling) moment to repeatedly focus on...

Thanks for the response and clarification. That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure Big smile as I have just recently started watching the show and felt that may be I missed something. But, apparently I haven't. I have my cousin (an ardent Maaneet fan) to thank for who insisted that I watch this show and I have no qualms about taking her advice as I am thoroughly enjoying the show.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

angakenirmalac99Kittya_CullenInduG64lulujjjjSamanalyseAngeloScuroMelodiousDreamsAllbut1jyoti06ilovepyaar

Kittya_Cullen IF-Dazzler
Kittya_Cullen
Kittya_Cullen

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 6:35pm | IP Logged
Hey everyone! I've popped in because Borna di told me to take a peakBig smileEmbarrassed.

First of all, Samana, that was an amazing analysis of the things that have been going on so far. I always sit in awe after reading anything that you have to say. I have to admit that sometimes it makes me feel nervous when I contemplate adding anything to the discussionsConfusedLOL.

To all the others who have been discussing throughout the day, Borna, Jyoti, Allbut1, Raveena, and all the other awesome members whose names I can't rememberConfused(sorry!), fantastic points!!!!ClapClapClap

I'm only going to say a little today, since I want to know the details of "us raat"Angry before making any final statements. As such, I will concentrate mostly on the areas that the CVs and characters have provided for us.

When Yash and Aarti were married, they both came to the agreement that their relationship revolved primarily around the children. Yash had no interaction with any aspect of Aarti's life. For example, the only reason he knew that Aarti was once a hockey champion in college, was because of Prateek's interactions with Aarti and those related to her. The fact that Aarti is an orphan, is also general family knowledge, another area which Yash would have received the information off-hand. I won't keep giving examples, however, all of us have seen and recognised the pattern; Yash has never even shown a friendly interest in the parts of Aarti's life that did not include the children. In addition, the other members of the Scindia family all have their own reasons for wanting Aarti's presence in the family life. These reasons all circulate around; having the ideal bahu, the ideal mother for the girls, a seductress to satisfy Yash's (unproclaimedConfused) needs, and the hopes of a biological pota as waaris for the Scindia family. (By the way, can someone please tell me if Vidhi and Pankaj have any children?Confused). The only persons who usually look at Aarti as human being with feelings outside of her duties and responsibilities are Prateek and Vidhi. As we have all noticed, both persons are sifting through their own marital issues, therefore, in reality, no one in the Scindia mansion has exhibited an extended interest in the life that Aarti had outside of their home. This factor brings me to the current situation in which Aarti and Yash are in.

Yash is portrayed as a lonely, self- contained individual. He relies on himself, and himself alone, to meet his needs and expectations. This inability to connect and create a balanced relationship with those around him, has left him vulnerable to an extent which he never expected. This I assume, based on the details so far, is why the bond he had with Arpita was so intense and important to him. He had always kept to himself. Although he was close to parents, and his brothers, he never truly connected to any of them. He held on to a certain sense of reservation. However, when Arpita came into his life, she became the outlet that his internal wires connected to. She allowed him to be more expressive, and dependent. Her essence made him dependent on her existence. She was the one person who understood him clearly, seeing exactly what he needed. She was the one who kept the path to the surround world open for him. The problem was that he became so wrapped in his Arpita world, that while he interacted with those around him, he did not take the opportunity to strengthen and open fully the relationships with the other people in his life who were also important. I believe it is an action that most introverts (like myselfEmbarrassed) are guilty of. We form such a strong connection with one specific person, whether it be lover, friend, or a combination of both, that we forget that a world exists outside of that specific relationship. Therefore, when we lose that relationship, the world crashed down around our ears, and our hearts refuse to let anyone else, no matter how sincere or well meaning the individual may be.

This is why Aarti slowly making a place in Yash's life is so important. She brought light back to the darkness that he had sworn he was forever lost in. The pain that had become the source of his tightly sealed inner- workings was being soothed, bit by bit, with each step that she took toward him. Each time she showed him unconditional love, and absolute forgiveness without expecting anything in return, healed the scar tissue that had formed around his heart, making it appear ugly and lost to an eternity with a dead love. Yash held on to Arpita because she had personified all the things that he wanted in his life. She had bridged that gap between who he really was, and the persona he showed to the outside world. Unfortunately, his constant self- imposed alienation, purposeful indifference, and his inability to let go of his past when he really needed to, bit him in the asphalt.

Mumbai showed him exactly what his life could be. The real life after Arpita. Not just the meagre dried out existence he had confined himself to. Aarti invaded his mind, stole his senses, wrapped her presence around him like a second skin, and helped him begin the process of diffusion. The much needed assimilation with the life that was moving around him. Yet, while she gave him all of this, he barked at her for her little acts of love, crucified her with his eyes for confessing to love him, and showed no interest in her life apart from the children. He has been using those poor children as his crutch, and Aarti has allowed him to do so. All of that has brought me to the main point.

Aarti is shown naive and childlike. It is a relief to behold something so pure in a woman with her experiences, and age, however, it is frightening sometimes. Frankly though, it is what protects her from the cynicism and stolid disinterest that Yash has blatantly thrown in her face from the beginning of their relationship. It is also what has kept her from accepting the possbility that Yash could be in love with her. She is a dreamer, and has been portrayed as such. On one particular occasion (Prashant related of course), she realised that some dreams are better to not contemplate past the level of a childish desire, because they can so easily be destroyed. No expectations, means no disappointments. Therefore, contemplating: 1) That Yash would ever love her seemed like a far off dream
2) That her relationship with Aman could have any effect to the "seemingly" indifferent Yash was implausible
3) That her beloved Devdas, who was pining after his Paru aka Arpita, would consider her anything other than his destined Chandramukhi was impossible
4) That her beloved demi- god of a pati, would even think that she would be any less than chaste around other men was absurd.

These aspects of the current relationship have kept me from bringing any sort of harsh judgement on Aarti and Yash in their current shortcomings. Yash's revival and the culmination of issues in his life, including "us raat"Confused, brought him to the self- destructive rage we saw, then to the brink of insanity, and finally to the point where he is right now.

Like I said, I still don't know what happened on "us raat"Angry, so I withhold judgement. There are so many reasons that Aarti could have come home at 3 a.m. with Aman. There are also an equally large amount dictating why Yash is upset, and has perceived some form of "dhoka" on Aarti's part. Whether those reasons include the rain phobia, jealousy, over-protectiveness, anger at the image she presented on that night, the importance of Aman in her life, I don't know. So for now, I don't see the anger, the fire, the hurt, the misconception, the apparent inability by Aarti to connect the dots, her not mentioning that she had a childhood male bestfriend etc. as inconceivable. These are all things that can occur when viewed in the correct context and a touch of empathy.

I'm just going to wait patiently to see the Vidhi/Aarti confrontation, the Aman/Yash situation, and the revelation of what was really the straw that broke the camel's back i.e what finally caused Yash's unexpected outburst. I will also point out this tidbit of irony: Pankaj and Prateek conspired to get Yash drunk to learn the secret. Yet they were portrayed to be far more inebriated than he was...Silly Another funny thing: Paridhi appears to have disappeared after being picked up by her producer... I guess Prateek believes that she has gone off to her maayka because she is upset with himConfused

Edited by Kittya_Cullen - 03 September 2012 at 6:53pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

Nandita1970goldakt25redeye2012nirmalac99smileymj10angakebbbcccMelodiousDreamsAllbut1SamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64lulujjjjjyoti06ilovepyaargcluvLoveforlifeTahitien-moon

Deepti1808 IF-Rockerz
Deepti1808
Deepti1808

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Samanalyse

@Maham: Grr! Angry I hate it when that happens, the backspace thing.

But your nutshell did just fine too so we won't cry over the spilled milk. Smile

All I can say is, exactly. I don't know if Yash had thought about himself as worthy or not, but he was certain that he could never love again after Arpita. He was comfortable in that space and that knowledge, which I think is what was shown by those two promos on the beach. "Na koi aaya hain, na koi aayega kabhi." I think it was only when he started becoming aware of Aarti's feelings for him that he began to actually look at himself and question his own worthiness. And at every turn she managed to show him his reflection in the best possible light. If he made mistakes she gave him easy ways to correct them and then never looked back. So. like you said he started to see himself as worthy which is when he slowly opened up and let himself live, and get closer to Aarti without any inhibitions, enjoying her more relaxed self too. But I guess things took a turn for the worse when Aman came on the scene. I think Aarti may have divided her attention when he came, partly because she was bursting with her own feelings and emotions that she was dying to share with someone whom she could trust.

What Yash saw was the one person since Arpita's death who had managed to break down his walls, and really understand him, being understood and understanding someone else better. So it must have looked like what was a big deal for Yash, and a big step out of his zombie lifestyle, was another friendly relationship for Aarti...ouch, rejection much? I really wonder if Aman came on the scene before or after the fire. Because if it was before, then I totally understand why he was looking at Arpita's pictures. It has always been his defense for when he perceives Aarti's "indifference" towards him. Remember after Aarti saves him from the car, he tries to thank her and she brushes him off? He immediately started talking to Arpita's portraits. Same way, I think he wanted to do that after Aarti came home late but there was no Arpita stuff for him to make a display of his undying love and fight this non-existent battle with Aarti over who is least interested in the other. SO he wanted to rush home to Bhopal to be with Arpita's things.

If you see the trajectory of Yash's anger. It started off with just sarcasm and snapping while they were loading the car in Mumbai, to Yash pushing Aarti away and walking to his room, to him completely losing control whenever he saw her, finally to him just losing his hold on sanity altogether and I think the latter stuff, after the push at the door, happened because of what transpired, or rather didn't after they came back to Bhopal. He couldn't go back to his old life with Arpita's things. What I think happened is that Aarti triggered this phase of self evaluation for Yash, and while she was there 100% at the beginning to make sure he only saw good in himself and took those tentative steps forward, once Aman came on the scene, she may have left Yash to his own devices, which meant that he was still evaluating himself but now solely through his bitter lens, without Aarti's light for balance. And so the insecurities, the bitterness and the self-loathing took over his mind instead of the peace of mind and self confidence he was building with Aarti and the kids.

It has a lot to do with how little Aarti thinks of herself and her importance to Yash in this process of healing. It is not anything she does that helps him, just who she is, and I think it just about killed him that she was more who she is, with someone else. I don't think the 3am thing is the only reason, though I do think that may be why they rushed back to Bhopal. In Mumbai, when they were leaving, I think Yash was just extremely irritated at Aarti's lack of responsibility (for the 3am thing) and wanted her to stop pretending to be such a goody-goody about the kids and his family. Maybe he was saying something like, if you are so concerned about the kids why'd you come home so late? And then he had the whole plane ride to stew and overanalyse and get angrier, then the Arpita cave did not display its wonders, no matter how much he tried, and finally when thunder struck, he thought of a playful Aarti and not a dying Arpita. So I think it was a spiral, and part of the reason he is not saying what happened in Mumbai, because what he is suffering is so much bigger than that by now.
Awesome analysis. Yash POV never been put forward betterClap

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Kittya_CullenInduG64lulujjjjSamanalyseAngeloScurojyoti06ilovepyaargcluv

Kittya_Cullen IF-Dazzler
Kittya_Cullen
Kittya_Cullen

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
I haven't watched all of the previous episodes, so I'm wondering about a few details. Can anyone think of a point in time when Yash was portrayed as clearly having self- doubts, and self-loathing? Before the Mumbai track that is. So far, I've seen it evident in the fact that whenever Aarti teasingly goads him into challenges, he is quick to accept them. There was also the dahi handi scene, the "uncle" momentROFL, and his confession of his lack in self- worth to his mother, etc. So I was wondering what I might have missed. Confused

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

redeye2012nirmalac99angakePearl_27MelodiousDreamsAllbut1lulujjjjSamanalyseAngeloScuroInduG64jyoti06ilovepyaarTahitien-moongcluvLoveforlife

Deepti1808 IF-Rockerz
Deepti1808
Deepti1808

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:13pm | IP Logged
So with one shot at psychiatric treatment they have given up on it. Disappointed.

I have never had a drink in my life so i do not know if it really works as a truth serum. Yash is not stupid guys he could easily tell you were trying to loosen him up to reveal the truth.

"Sum payenge aap sach". "You will have to wait till we shoot the sach with Kareena for the Ganesh chaturthi 19th sep episode."

Tab thak ke liye yash hands over a cd to his bro and keeps the player on infinite loop:
"Uss raat uss raat, Kyon kiya aarti ji aise? Sab kuch khatam kar diya, woh hadsa, woh dhoka,,, blah blah blah...

Btw
Who took snaps of Aarti and Aman?

Hats off Papa Sin/ Cas/ SP for not believing bua. I thought they will trun the car and chase after them.

Pari is till MIA.

Prediction: Aman does not come to the scindia mansion. He leaves for some urgent matter,No confrontation tomorrow. Yash will still not tell anyone.
More crying days ahead of Aarti.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

redeye2012Pearl_27Kittya_Cullennirmalac99bbbccclulujjjjInduG64SamanalyseAngeloScuroAllbut1jyoti06ilovepyaargcluv

bbbccc IF-Dazzler
bbbccc
bbbccc

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:17pm | IP Logged

I got good peaceful 25 minutes atlast to watch the episode in one go...

First part, was plot to get Yash spit the reason. I loved how they did touch the issue between Pankaj and Vidhi too during that little convo. The couple is divided in support..

Yash is missing his girls, (BTW why no Ansh pic was there in the room). So Vidhi again tried her way to get the truth out, but he still want to avoid it. Now that camera, is that camera Ansh or Aarti's? Couldn't these pics be some old pics, and roll strated from start. There were no kids, no Yash, no Bhanwari or Chagan, why we are all thinking they are Mumbai trips? Vidhi's doubts were cleared instantly by Bhanwari's call. So Bhanwari never saw Aman before, else she should know that he was friend, did she tell that to Vidhi. Why whole convo was done in mute..

Aman Aarti talk, when Aarti was on roll praising Yash and his character, Aman looked bored. He doesn;t believe any of that, and he gave him name even 'Sadoo", so he must have met him before. Else how could he make his own opinion?

I don;t think Aarti still get it, that's why she is still comfortable when Aman keep touching her at every moment. Shobhaji knows him well though to mind it either..

Bua's part, remind me of story "Sher aaya, sher aaya".. so far she always wrongly tried to provoke whole family against Aarti and was proved wrong. This time she was right and no one believed her..

Now last part, when Pankaj and Pratik were busy bashing their wifes and their love for them, the look on Yash face when they said "They love them but their wives don't believe in their love and have no time for them" was it guilt or anger..
He loves her but she doesn't believe in that and has no time for him or other way, he was guilty that he cannot give love to her. I believe it was both..

Tommorrow, we might hear the story of the night from both simultaneously. Aarti justifying Vidhi and Yash spilling his anger on Aarti to his brothers. Hopefully Vidhi won't leave the Aarti camp and will try to help her.

Again for all the hype and expectations, the episode will come across as filler. Thought story inched further, hopefully we get better and clearer picture tomorrow..

Edited by bbbccc - 03 September 2012 at 7:19pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

redeye2012Kittya_Cullennirmalac99angakePearl_27SamanalyseAngeloScuroAllbut1lulujjjjInduG64jyoti06ilovepyaargcluvLoveforlife

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivah Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index