India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

CRYING CHILDREN: a PAST and a PRINCESS

Aquiline IF-Dazzler
Aquiline
Aquiline

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 10:35am | IP Logged

Goodness!! Where do we begin? What an epi! What an epi!! I was gaping open-mouthed the whole while! Too much revealed in 20 minutes! And I loved every bit of it...though I was mourning along with the rest of them.

CRYING CHILDREN: a PAST and a PRINCESS

Foremost, a moment of silence for the lost Princess of the Glass Queen Anjali...

PICKING POINTERS

1.       Arnav's acting and Kushi's expressions need no words, I know, but I must mention this for it is a pointer that can never be taken for granted simple because it's a known fact.

2.       Loved how Kushi said she will stay, looking at him and him at her! You can't force me to do what I don't want to do. I want to be here to give you strength, and I will be here for you!

3.       Anjali's acting: WOW!! She not only looked very beautiful in that hospital bed but even her voice modulations, hopeful expressions, realization and shattered cry were outstanding. Daljeet lives the character Anjali to the fullest with her skill!

4.       Loved the way Anjali believed no one even though they were all 'telling' her that the child was no more, but she believed the truth when she saw it in her brother's 'silent'  tears. The chemistry Daljeet and Barun share as brother and sister is irreplaceable, I tell you!

5.       I had only heard that the Dadi character was getting on the nerves of the Forum. Now I know why. What a timing to be reminding a broken family about the need for the villain's re-entry... though it is vital for more drama plot movement.

6.       All the major characters of the show where in that room today. Except for Runaway Garimaji and Wheelchair Shashiji. Do cure up quick, Babuji!! We miss you!

7.       I so loved the music they played in the flashback when Young Arnav says "never saw the woman again" and the suspicious 'other' woman was shown.

8.       Who expected the past to show up today. Though we already knew this was the plot of the past, it was nice to see it though...

9.       Contrast clips: last time when Kushi was broken-hearted at a hospital for her father's sake, Arnav was there and she hugged him but he didn't hug her back. He also laid a hand on her head while sitting together. Today, he is broken and Kushi lays a hand on his shoulder while they sit together and hmm...a wondrous hug takes place and here there is completion. The statue of Lord Ganesha you saw behind is actually the 'god of completeness' and wow! Look at that last scene. The statue is watching over the "completed hug in the hospital"!!! I think if we'd tried a little harder, we could have seen the statue winking, promising that many more completions were lined up to happen in the show!!!

10.   I think Lord Ganesha's completeness must be taken as a separate pointer to remind us that it's time for all open loops and mysteries to be solved and the show is on its verge to answering the unanswered questions and point out the unfound slips.

DIGGING DEEPER

"CHILDREN": This is the one word that ruled the entire show. And yes, all the "children" we saw today were "crying".

Let's begin with the first Child: Anjali. Starting with her unusually small voice to her innocent hope in not wanting to be shattered, she was a perfect picture of a child who was afraid to get hurt. But 'hurt' always came seeking her and as Arnav said today, "first Ma, then husband, now child..." Yes, that young girl has lost too much and her dream world is losing colour day after day. She struggles to hold onto some hope but all she grasps onto are loose strings...All those who promised to give her strength, fail because they cannot know how much she is bleeding in her weak heart...Wish I could run into that room and gather her in my arms and tell her it's alright. One loss after another: no wonder she's struggling to live in a make-believe world where pain cannot touch her...The irony!

Next Child: Mami. I'm putting her because this is the second time I've seen her blubbering and crying for something 'vital'. The first time was when she struggled to reveal to Anjali that her husband was a cheater and now when she wants to tell Anjali about the 'loss of her little princess' . And goodness, what a cry-baby Mami was when the nurse told her to leave so that the just-now-underwent-delivery-Anjali could rest. She even went crying to the doctor, "Doctor uncle, Doctor uncle, Nurse aunty told me to get out!"

Child Number Three and my final child: Arnav. Ah, he was the most perfectly portrayed child today. His pivotal child moment was, of course, when he sat there opening up to Kushi. And yes, the hug. Goodness!! Did you see the motherly way in which Kushi hugged him? That's what's called a "healing hug."  The moment she caressed the back of his head, he wept like a child and Goodness: his voice, his tears were too much of a 'unhealed, helpless, hurt child'. And what a change had come over the child. All his life long, he'd had his mantra, "Arnav Singh Raizada always wins," challenging Kushi and every time shining in his winning glory. But today, the number of times he repeated the word "failed" and "failure," I was like...Where did Arnav go? *sigh* Kushi, how much your love has changed him! And Shyamji *growl* how much your meddling is weakening him! You think so? Wait and watch, evil boy! Arnav's gonna be in full steam as soon as he's finished crying out to Kushi.

Now comes my biggest Digging Deeper for the Day: The Epi sequence was ditto the sequence of the past scene. No, not because the past was shown to us but because of this...

"PAST"

In the Present: At the hospital, the family is mourning a loss and trying to make Anjali believe that the loss had taken place but she denies it. Until she sees the one boy who stands detached and pained but unable to comfort her. She sees the tears in his eyes and sees 'truth' in those tears. She believes that the 'loss is true' and breaks down and the family consoles her.

In the Past: The pyre is prepared for the cremation of her parents but Anjali doesnot believe they have really gone. Everyone tries to make her understand and see the truth but she denies it. Then she looks up and sees her little brother standing apart from the crowd, tears in his eyes but his mouth pressed in a hard line to not cry out. He is only 15 years old. She reads the 'truth' in his tears and she understands. She breaks down and believes that the' loss is true'. Her parents have really died. The family around her consoles her.

Important Difference in the past and present: Kushi is here in the present to hug Anjali but most importantly to hug Arnav while in the past he may not have had anyone to share with ...Hence, the hug today was when the past and present wounds began to get healed!

BRIDGING GAPS: Dadi and Kushi were together helping Anjali to bed after the others left. This is very important folks though I do not know exactly how. But there is another thing one must note: Anjali, being in the centre, means that (though now she is weak) soon when she is strong, she will be the force that bridges the gap between Dadi and Kushi.

There are much more things in the epi that needs to be talked about but I'm in a hurry and will update later if I get time. But I would love to hear what you have to say and what impact the epi had on you. Remember, I LOVE listening to THOUGHTS and I gladly welcome to hear anything you want to share!

And now, let me sit back and munch on the precap!

Originally posted by Aura7

The presence of Lord Ganesha is crucial also because he is called the "Lord of Perfection." 
ASR considerd himself as the Lord of perfection and that every thing  under his perfect reign should be prefect (remember the initial office incident, where he tells a business man that everything is perfct in AR n then suddenly the fire alarm rings upon khushi's lit diya before devi maiya's altar comes and water is spurted everywhere). Now he has changed to this new person who confesses that he tried to make everythng perfect but nothing went perfect...it can probably be an unconscious confession or, even better, the surrender of his belief in 'himself as god' before a perfect god, surrendering to the power which controls evrythng in the universe, the power which ASR failed to accept as an existing living God...

Credit for the pics: FB via Barundeewani19. Thanks dear!

Edited by Aquiline - 03 September 2012 at 1:48pm

The following 51 member(s) liked the above post:

uchuramannewipkkAtyayAura7MidnightReaderthrowingshadowssoniachammuSS83darshi28zeefan 1-Reva-Simone2005AmmyRidz4Everan33shavidya.sanjayTinkerfairysslmay11mtina0207gopikaajisadianabiljobicicilia9riyarHriju321VasantiLaddipali13nonasishass-HappyBird-garlicmaaloobidzfareeNothingLastsshowstrucksmashitupKishmishshagun_sarun..mrinalini..207shikhasamanthanapieryroseSrilathalollaKalyaaniNewbiesoapfanDeedeepa1cocoatree..Suhana..pixiegirlsunaina02polly_mk

Lovely1 IF-Dazzler
Lovely1
Lovely1

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 11:09am | IP Logged
res
shagun_sarun IF-Rockerz
shagun_sarun
shagun_sarun

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 11:09am | IP Logged
res!

unres...

ok lin,Hug

first of all a hearty n warm welcome...we missed you n your digging deeper...today, i may not be right under your nose but i am still very happy n honored to be on the first page of your awesum n the most meaningful post!

about the post,

you wrote the exact vital points that my mind has stucked upon...really you have mentioned every critical point needed to analyse the amazing episode!

ah, now comes the digging deeper; really amazingly put n explained part, "CHILDREN" as u said was the most crucial n important part of today's episode n i loved how you explained every inner child of the main characters n the portrayal of them!

the last point of dadi n khushi's gap being mended by anjali was an awesum symbolism n i hope in future, we get to see this!

amazing post lin, i hope, we get to see more of your digging deeper from now on!Clap

Edited by shagun_sarun - 03 September 2012 at 11:18am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

darshi28shassdipali13Aquilinecocoatree

Kalyaani IF-Sizzlerz
Kalyaani
Kalyaani

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Welcome back Big smile
I am yet to watch the episode, will write more once I see it, but got most of it reading your post.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Aquiline

soniachammu Senior Member
soniachammu
soniachammu

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 11:16am | IP Logged
jey aquiline first thanks for the pm
second i didn't catch up with the epi so it was so much welcome
and wonderful analysis

Aquiline

arshi_karish IF-Rockerz
arshi_karish
arshi_karish

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 11:18am | IP Logged
nice post...

Aquiline

NothingLasts IF-Dazzler
NothingLasts
NothingLasts

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 11:19am | IP Logged
YOU'RE BACK!!! Hug I miss your analysis(s). Which is why I am adoring your post today! 

Aquiline

maaloo IF-Dazzler
maaloo
maaloo

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 11:30am | IP Logged
That was a brilliant analysis.. A tale of so many broken children.. Ouch

Aquiline

Go to top