Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Writers, So Glad You Listened! (Page 11)

paru_rox IF-Rockerz
paru_rox
paru_rox

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by laddoo598

Originally posted by premparbat

Hi  Ladoo

I am not a  desi show vertran to know what happens in other shows or how the TV business works. All I know in the 15 months of watching IPK  regularly a person with avergae intelligence as me can figure out a few things.  They make you believe in one thing and pull the carpet right below your feet for impact ...

Arnie's past was made to be so intriguing ...What is it that made this man the way he is today,  why is Anji the fragile flower, Why does nani  and dadi taunt him about "The decison" he made many years ago and compare him to his dad... IS THSI IT ?  or is there more ?  A mother would commit  suicicde follwed by the dad with a brief argument that seemed lame...  Like you I hope there is a better explanation for a drastic and irresponsible step as suicide...Maybe this is what Arnie saw and understood and there is more.

The episode was brilliant for no other reason but Sobti's restrained acting. His best breakdown so far has been the one on Aakash's wedding day on the street, followed by the one with Di on her lap after her accident...this was a different version - more restained and with Khushi ..atlast he has learnt to open up... Simply loved it..

Anji,  I have had a lot of sympathy for her when her husband was thrown out , understood her depression.  Lost some when she refused to wear teh baby bump and did so just recently that too to cause great impact of her loss... No mother should have to bear such a loss. I feel for her. I liekd Arnies dialogue "  First mom, then dad, her husband and now her child...Every happiness of her - Goes away ..."  It is sad.

The Garima thing will be very annoying if she is indeed the "other" women.  Several years ago if she was present then she did see Anjali and nani present at the funeral. If she did then why did she not show any reaction when her daughters were being married in that household. Will be extremly pissed if at the storywriters if they take such liberties.   And also what is the Shyam connection.

Hoping there is a bigger plan than adding twists here and there for the heck of it.

Graet work IPK team. Well done.

I gotta be honest here and say I could not sympathize with her after Shyamu left, simply because the whole "Hamarey chotey aab hamarey nahin rahein" rant just because he chose to spend some time with his wife was obnoxious and I felt like giving her sedatives just so she would doze off and leave ArHi in peace. See it all boils down to ArHi for me, I am shallow like that..LOL

IKR right?? AnJhali looked the exact same. Chalo, lets assume Nani did not come the funeral, or maybe she arrived late, but Garima saw AnJhali. Then why didn't she object before getting Payal married to Akash?

I was hoping for a past connection with Shyam but ever since he killed his own kid, I am liking the idea of him being schizophrenic better. No amount of past injustice can justify killing your own kid for me.

Thank you for the reply PP! And word about writers always pulling a fast one on us, past story was a dud alright, but honestly, I was expecting full on emotional attyachar today, was not looking forward to the episode at all, and voila, it turns out to be one of the finest episodes in recent time..LOL

@red -- have I missed this?

Ratna -- I so agree with you about CV's having a bigger plan than what has been shown till now ... coz if the sole reason for Mommy Malik to commit suicide is one conversation with her hubby, then it seems like an even flimsier MU than Bitwa n Bitiya had Ouch

Edited by paru_rox - 03 September 2012 at 12:53pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

laddoo598

paru_rox IF-Rockerz
paru_rox
paru_rox

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 1:01pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by paru_rox

LO bhaiya ... confirm ho gaya

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3177901

Waise just saw the new promo for PKD ... the grey-eyed dude is PKDing right under his hot Mom's nose LOL

More proof, IPK's official page on FB, the one run by 4 Lions, just posted the link to this article which points towards Arnav going all ASR on Khushi when he finds out Garima's past connection with his daddy dearest:

http://www.spamdomain.net/telly-tadka-spice/writers-spice/iss-pyaar-ko-kya-naam-doon-tension-time-sad-day/

Haiii grey eyed PKD dude is cute. Main patah hai aaj ka episode dekh rahi thi, hitler mommy kay saamne he is playing texting game with the heroine, control hi nahin hoa!LOL

BTW, did you notice how PKD has a new promo every single day?? Seriously, show us some LOWE too SP!

Yup the texting game was too cute (aise moments IPK mein kyun nahi hotay) ... but really he needs to give some credit to hot Mommy's brains yaar, ab aise hi toh saara empire nahi sambhal rahi na Tongue

Yaar the PKD promo ka logic I figured out was that SP is planning to bump it up the TRP chart with publicity (now that PKD has entered the 2+ TRP's wala list) ... the whole thing just depressed me coz don't want IPK to go further down. As it is, our show is losing out to Achaar ka vyapaar Ouch

Its raining promos on SP, sirf our baby is missing.

Achaar ka vyapaar is advertising a big kalakari, something never seen before.

Lamp-Wick mein toh terrorists aa gaye.

PKD gets a new one everyday.

Sister-Cancer show is totally milking the baby or behena angle, SMS campaign bhi shuru kar diya.

And look at us, no promo, no nothing. Ouch

@red -- you just wait n watch ... teacher ji will scare them away with her single tone voice Dead ... also she will thwart an attack on *pick any famous place* where this show is based (IDK the state the characters are supposed to be in) Dead

Also adding to your list :

Munna ka munna is apparently forgotten sumwhere by his grand-dad it seems Shocked

SP -- Please a decent IPK promo for heaven's sake

laddoo598

laddoo598 IF-Sizzlerz
laddoo598
laddoo598

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 1:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by premparbat

Hi  Ladoo

I am not a  desi show vertran to know what happens in other shows or how the TV business works. All I know in the 15 months of watching IPK  regularly a person with avergae intelligence as me can figure out a few things.  They make you believe in one thing and pull the carpet right below your feet for impact ...

Arnie's past was made to be so intriguing ...What is it that made this man the way he is today,  why is Anji the fragile flower, Why does nani  and dadi taunt him about "The decison" he made many years ago and compare him to his dad... IS THSI IT ?  or is there more ?  A mother would commit  suicicde follwed by the dad with a brief argument that seemed lame...  Like you I hope there is a better explanation for a drastic and irresponsible step as suicide...Maybe this is what Arnie saw and understood and there is more.

The episode was brilliant for no other reason but Sobti's restrained acting. His best breakdown so far has been the one on Aakash's wedding day on the street, followed by the one with Di on her lap after her accident...this was a different version - more restained and with Khushi ..atlast he has learnt to open up... Simply loved it..

Anji,  I have had a lot of sympathy for her when her husband was thrown out , understood her depression.  Lost some when she refused to wear teh baby bump and did so just recently that too to cause great impact of her loss... No mother should have to bear such a loss. I feel for her. I liekd Arnies dialogue "  First mom, then dad, her husband and now her child...Every happiness of her - Goes away ..."  It is sad.

The Garima thing will be very annoying if she is indeed the "other" women.  Several years ago if she was present then she did see Anjali and nani present at the funeral. If she did then why did she not show any reaction when her daughters were being married in that household. Will be extremly pissed if at the storywriters if they take such liberties.   And also what is the Shyam connection.

Hoping there is a bigger plan than adding twists here and there for the heck of it.

Graet work IPK team. Well done.

I gotta be honest here and say I could not sympathize with her after Shyamu left, simply because the whole "Hamarey chotey aab hamarey nahin rahein" rant just because he chose to spend some time with his wife was obnoxious and I felt like giving her sedatives just so she would doze off and leave ArHi in peace. See it all boils down to ArHi for me, I am shallow like that..LOL

IKR right?? AnJhali looked the exact same. Chalo, lets assume Nani did not come the funeral, or maybe she arrived late, but Garima saw AnJhali. Then why didn't she object before getting Payal married to Akash?

I was hoping for a past connection with Shyam but ever since he killed his own kid, I am liking the idea of him being schizophrenic better. No amount of past injustice can justify killing your own kid for me.

Thank you for the reply PP! And word about writers always pulling a fast one on us, past story was a dud alright, but honestly, I was expecting full on emotional attyachar today, was not looking forward to the episode at all, and voila, it turns out to be one of the finest episodes in recent time..LOL

Ratna -- I so agree with you about CV's having a bigger plan than what has been shown till now ... coz if the sole reason for Mommy Malik to commit suicide is one conversation with her hubby, then it seems like an even flimsier MU than Bitwa n Bitiya had Ouch

Garima was there for the funeral na, and AnJhali was hard to miss rey, dressed in all her wedding finery, sitting in the center..LOL

BTW, did you notice how DB was wearing her god bharai sari for that scene? Cheapness ki bhi had hoti hai!LOL

paru_rox

paru_rox IF-Rockerz
paru_rox
paru_rox

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

Garima was there for the funeral na, and AnJhali was hard to miss rey, dressed in all her wedding finery, sitting in the center..LOL

BTW, did you notice how DB was wearing her god bharai sari for that scene? Cheapness ki bhi had hoti hai!LOL

Whoa ...i felt the extended FB version seems to have been shot alongside the original one (meaning at the time the show started)  ... tab se Jhalli ki sari rakhi thi, ki godbharai mein pehna denge ... this is too much Shocked

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

laddoo598pixiegirl

merrydock Goldie
merrydock
merrydock

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
i agree it was a brilient enotional episode, i love the fact the Khushi did not give Arnav, any placeting words, she silently heard his story comforting him with only her presence, Arnav's anguish and helplessness was so palpatable. his strength defeated,  i loved the way he let go, now only Khushi knows how vunerable Arnav can become, and she will always be his strength. his comfort.
i too felt that Arnav does not know everything about the past story, and somethings about the past didnt add up. it felt more like a missunderstanding on his mothers part then a fact that his father was actualy cheating on her. but one thing is clear that if Daddy malik killed himself, it ment that he could not live without his wife.  but the reasons seemed so frevolious and something just does not add up so i'm thinking that  maybe the didnt really kill themselves,  and they were murdered and it was made to look like a suicide. just a thought. and maybe shayam too has a connection the past that is why he is hell bent on destroying Arnav and Anjali. because i dont get how anyone can scheame and pretent for such a long time only for money, there has to be an alterior motive to shayams coldheartness, because what he has done is kill his own child just to get back into the house.
when another means could have surfised. he knew that Arnav would never forgive him for cheating on his sister.  he could have groveled, begged that he loved anjali and wanted to be a father to the baby.  said sorry and begged forgiveness. at least to khushi and her family, the rest of the Raizada's for Anjali's sake they could have given him a chance right. but what he did was drastic.  he wanted the baby dead, and now i'm sure that if he comes back to RM he will try to kill  Anjali and Arnav. he is one evil man i just dont get.

but i loved Arnav and Khushi today, well i love them together anyday, and i really felt sorry for Anjali. she is going to be devestated when she eventualy find out that shayam was behing all this, i hope it comes out.

laddoo598

laddoo598 IF-Sizzlerz
laddoo598
laddoo598

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rabba-Ve-Delena

As always really well written Tanu-wa!
Articulated and poignant, I'm glad the CVs and if not them Gul is listening.
Today was good. Really good! - It struck an emotional chord that was necessary after the preceding chaotic, contradictory and slightly disturbing episode before! 
I don't know whether that's because we're attached the show and it's characters therefore we could sympathise or because it was a genuinely good script.
Actually it was a mixture of both!

I've always loved Arnav and Anjali's relationship and how it's been handled which usually in harmony with Arnav and Khushi's... Yet post-kidnapping they almost ruined it - but today they completely nailed it. It's odd writing this when technically Barun and Daljeet didn't share a mutual scene today but the emotions conveyed, the situation, the angst and pain... it still made a mark.

If there is one thing Arnav and Anjali bond over, it's that sense of mutual loss. Of death. Of having one moment and then losing what feels like everything the next and that was defined in the scene when Anjali focusses on Arnav's tear ridden, sorrowful eyes observing her from a distance.
That was pure brilliance, bow down director jee, bow down Barun and Daljeet.
That was painful but so powerful!
It worked so much more then the random, repetitive scenes they've had lately.
It was using screen time wisely!

Then as you said, DEVELOPMENT!
When a tearful Khushi walks towards a pensive Arnav sitting down, I was on the edge of my seat. Here it comes, he's going to lash out, blame it on Khushi .. just. about. now..
But what actually transpired on screen was completely unexpected. Unexpected but brilliant, a step towards the right direction.
It was mature, deep and meaningful, those rare moments when Arnav and Khushi aren't behaving diametrically opposite to each other, randomly Rabba Vey-ing, pointlessly arguing or bickering - but have a real, perhaps one-sided conversation. He was an open book for her, and Sobti's dialogue delivery was spot on. I know Sanaya didn't have any poignant lines in that scene but her emotions and reactions to Arnav's pain was spot on!
I just love the fact they dealt with this in a mature manor and not made it into a reason to set these two in another spiralling, demeaning, irrational and idiotic argument between them. As they did when Anjali had her mental breakdown and almost tried to harm her own child.
Good stuff, but who knows what we'll get. Inconsistency is our friend on this show.

Lastly the past.
THE FLASHBACK continued beyond *Gunshot* and "Maaa!" ROFL
I got so excited at that. Anyway, I am refusing to accept such a flimsy, pathetic past. It was such a silly backstory, were his parents that mutually weak ... THIS IS WHAT MISUNDERSTANDINGS DO TO PEOPLE in IPKKND. Either cause them live in che maine wala marriages or kill themselves. Hmph.
No in all seriousness though, promo 5 said, Khushi WAS THE reason for his parents death, so there has to be MORE to this story.
If Arnav turns away from Khushi because of what Garima did, I swear I will ... I don't know.. just do something mean to himLOL Steal his hair gel, forever. Kidnap Aman. Yeah, that's better.

Ouma jee!Hug

So agreed about the Arnav-AnJhali scene. Seeing AnJhali's recent behaviour of trusting Shyam over Arnav, I was totally thinking that only Shyam can get her to react and grieve her kid's death. But it was such a poignant moment to see it was Arnav who brought her out of denial and all without saying a single dialogue. This is where IPK always scores major brownie points. Any other show on desi TV and they would have given us OTT melodrama with thunderous BG, crazy camera angles, OTT acting, but IPK wins me over every single time with its subtlety. Arnav doesn't say anythiing, just holds her gaze and lets his tears fall, and she accepts the worst just like that.

I so agree with you on the ArHi front. These rare but beautiful moments when they are actually talking, bonding, sharing their pain, instead of "I trip, you catch, let us rabba vey" jigs that are redundant, always feel like a breathe of fresh air. And add that the surprise factor when I saw Arnav opening up to Khushi instead of lashing out at her, end result, a very happy phanki!

Again, gotta love this show for handling grave issues with great maturity and not making a OTT melodramatical mess out of it. Let me be very clear, this is just for today, God only knows what hullabaloo the writers create tomorrow..LOL
laddoo598 IF-Sizzlerz
laddoo598
laddoo598

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 1:26pm | IP Logged

Whoa ...i felt the extended FB version seems to have been shot alongside the original one (meaning at the time the show started)  ... tab se Jhalli ki sari rakhi thi, ki godbharai mein pehna denge ... this is too much Shocked

Nahin bey. They are cheap because they shot that extended FB version now, and didn't make DB change into another sari. Tune dekha nahin, "Maaa" wala Arnav or aaj kay FB wala Arnav were different bey. In fact, I was surprised they roped in the people in that picture of Arnav's parents they have  to play mommy and daddy Raizada, mujhe toh lag raha tha wahan bhi locha kar dengey.LOL

frhnjn

ght_shona_4evr IF-Sizzlerz
ght_shona_4evr
ght_shona_4evr

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Agreed

laddoo598

Go to top