HighOnSarcasm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
just book marking the thread today...😃
iritz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Hello Hi people...

Thanks Ruby for reserving my spot on Pg 1...

Guys I have updated The Director's Cut Index Thread... for you all to refer to in case needed !!!

mars80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
what an awesome heart wrenching episode ... i think everyone performed so well today Anjali, Nani, Mami, Khushi and of course our very own ASR ... loved it absolutely ... waiting for all the updates ... as usual bookmarking :)
Jammy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Bella and lizzy, read your thoughts on the past and the similarity of misunderstandings! Not knowing the whole truth and jumping to conclusions seems to be running in the family! Though I wonder why dint Arnav give a chance to khushi? To set things right?? He took after his mom I guess that he chose to believe the worst immediately!

On the other hand I now know why he chose to believe the worst in khushi? Today Arnav was stripped of the reflections of his past and stood bare in front of Khushi and today I understand him better than ever before!

Waiting for you guys to update!Edited by Jameelah52 - 11 years ago
bidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The CVs sent another googly our way today. Who would have thought that the past would be revisited again today? Not only did we revisit the past, we got the full story from Arnav's side as well. We heard his side of the story from the past. But do we have the full story yet? Does Arnav know the full story yet? Obviously not. There is more than that meets the eye. Garima is connected, but we still don't know how. I don't know if she is the other woman or not, but looking at Garima's character, I doubt it to be true. Garima has always been portrayed as a righteous woman. Even if she were involved with Arnav's dad before he got married, she would never knowingly come between him and his wife after he got married. Also, did Arnav's mom simply hear part of the conversation and jump to a conclusion, just like Arnav did with Khushi? Very likely so. This particular trait seems to run in the family. It seems very odd that Arnav's dad would commit suicide because his mom committed suicide if he didn't love her. And, finally where does Shyam fit in to all this? Also, did we actually see a glimpse of chachaji when they showed the past? 

Now coming to the present, we understood a little more why Arnav Singh Raizada proclaims that he controls destiny. For 14 years, he has tried to do just that. But, what has the result been so far? "Failure". That's correct. He finally realized that no one can control fate, not even Arnav Singh Raizada! That is why he told Khushi so many times today that he failed. 14 years ago, he had lost everything, but he gathered himself together for his sister. He knew that if he didn't stand tall, his sister would shatter. Today, he feels he has lost again, but has he really lost everything? No. He has Khushi by his side. He broke down in her arms, unburdened himself on her shoulders. He has let go of his pent up emotions, and is gathering strength from her. He is on his way to rise again, and this time rise he will. Both are getting ready to fight off the evil with the lord's blessings. Yes, lord ganesha was omnipresent in the room. And this time, they will win. This time, they will finally be happy. For this time, I can see destiny smiling at them:-) 

Did you notice the two people whom Anjali sought solace in the hospital today? Yeah, they were Khushi and nani. Nani has been the mother figure in her life, so it is natural she would find solace in her. But why Khushi? It is true that she loves Khushi as a sister, but the reason why she sought comfort from her today was because her Chote trusts her, and she trusts her brother blindly. She just had one look at him and knew that her world had collapsed, that she had lost her daughter, and with that all her dreams. She is meeting Shyam on the sly only because she is unable to live without him. Deep inside, she knows that her brother and his wife have judged her husband correctly. It is a matter of time when Anjali will re-surrect. And when she does, it will be the death of Shyam!
Edited by bidz - 11 years ago
Jammy- thumbnail
Originally posted by: paayaal

just book marking the thread today...😃

Hey, aren't we getting a 20-20 today?? 😕
HighOnSarcasm thumbnail
Originally posted by: redwine1

Vakra-Tunndda Maha-Kaaya
                  Surya-Kotti Samaprabha
                Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva 
                Sarva-Kaaryessu Sarvadaa

( meaning: O Lord Ganesha, of Curved Trunk, Large Body, and with the Brilliance of a Million Suns,  Please Make All my Works Free of Obstacles, Always.)

Welcome to yet another edition of Director's Cut, the past has come calling ... a shattered arnav .. a helpless khushi .. a devastated family .. in shock in denial .. shattered Anjali .. 
The echoes of the past .. were heard loud & clear tonite in IPK .. a past who is rising quickly from the ashes of its past resting place .. a fire which threatens to consume .. a fire which threatens to destroy ... so was it symbolic ... when devastation faced them in their face ... in the background was the one .. who u pray .. to MAKE ALL RIGHT .. MAKE ALL TASKS RIGHT .. MAKE ALL ONE DOES POSITIVE ... 

Tonite wont be doing a pause release ... before i start the write up tonite .. i want to ask all of you a simple ques tonite .. so who was this episode dedicated to ??? so who do u'll think were the leads tonite in todays episode ??? would request all my friends here in DC .. pls guys .. this is the story of Arnav & Khushi .. ( ONLY ARNAV & KHUSHI ) ... this is their LOVE STORY ..  not Di KI Saut .. or any other working title given to the serial .. & as i have mentioned time and again here ...  whatever tracks are shown here .. it will be linked to Arnav & Khushi .. so please bear with patience .. & dont fall in to stray negativities being spread by some in the forum .. 

before i start my write up for today .. i want to put an excerpt of what i wrote in the last DC .. on sunday .. 

A tragedy like this ... is one of life's most cruelest jokes .. one which leaves u gasping thinking WHY ME ??? .. & this is what anjali will go thru once she is made aware of  HER LOSS ...

A tragedy of this magnitude .. leaves u stunned with its impact ..& u reel with the shock .. of how now u will deal with this ONE .. how now will u unravel this ONE .. how now u will stand behind the ONE .. person u vowed to protect through the worst .. & who has inadvertently seen getting blow after blow .. This is the breakdown & thot process which Arnav will be running with in his mind ...

A tragedy like this cripples u .. a family .. a surrogate loving mother .. a grandmother .. a brother .. all are left standing on the sidelines .. dealing with a basket full of unfulfilled dreams .. a family which will have to grapple with their own loss .. but .. will have to stand tall to support the ONE .. whose loss is the MOST .. this is what the rest of the family will grapple with .. 

A tragedy like this ..makes u wonder .. why the world cannot just let u be .. why when there is a ray of hope that hope that life is extinguished .. why when u finally see the one person who u sacrificed all for .. was finally smiling .. to be now having their smile brutally wiped out .. this is what will go thru Khushi's mind .. as she comes to terms with the LOSS .. how to hold it all together .. how to not only support the ONE who lost .. but how to support the ONE .. who will have to SUPPORT ...

The above was written by me in the last DC thread .. & this is what u saw in the first few minutes of IPK .. hence i will not do a detailed analysis of that section .. 😃 (yea go ahead call me lazy) 

The time : 14 years back 

The occasion : Anjali wedding

The tragedy : Arnav's parents suicide 

The reason : Arnav's mom sees her husband with his arms around a lady 

The SHOCK : Arnav eavesdrops on his parents fight 

The result of this MU .. a family .. completely devastated .. a family broken . & a family torn apart at the seams .. parents dead ..

So apparently Arnav's mom saw her husband in the arms of another woman .. & she deduced that he was having an affair with the said woman .. she commits suicide .. & his father followed suit .. devastated by him being the cause of his wife's death .. 

& this move .. devastated & shattered a family .. broke & tore apart a family .. left 2 children .. out on the streets .. the two children who changed their identity to escape their sordid past .. A sister who had a double tragedy to face .. she was made orphan .. & the man who shud've walked by her side supporting her ditched her at the altar .. 

At that time a young teenager .. stood up picked the pieces of their shattered lives & slowly stitched it together into a patch work quilt .. .. little realising at that time .. that the bonds of these stitches need to be strong to bear the ravages of time .. 

________________ CUT TO___________________

The Time : 6 months back

The occasion : Payash wedding

The tragedy : Anjali had nearly a life threatening accident 

The reason : Shyam Manohar Jha lust for Khushi

The Shock : Arnav eavesdrop & sees Khushi in Shyam's arms ..

The result of this MU .. a love which was budding .. was asphyxiated .. a love which was a just taking new life was strangled to death ..

On the day of Payash wedding what Arnav saw was .. Khushi in the arms of Shyam .. ( have always maintained what Arnav found devastating that nite was Khushi in Shyam;s arms .. it was death of his feelings this was the pal which was chaapa hua in his mind) & he reacted .. he first killed his love for her .. & then killed her love for him .. suicide once again .. 

But what DM herself has joined .. let no man let asunder .. right .. the Divine Union which was blessed by DM .. breathed once again .. she brought it back to life .. 

________________ CUT TO ___________________

The Time: Present day 

The occasion : Arhi wedding

The tragedy : Anjali looses her child in pregnancy 

The reason : Shyam Manohar Jha lust/hate for Khushi 

The shock : the whole family in shock ( but the BIG ONE is yet to STRIKE) 

The result is yet to unfold

A family celebrating with joy .. get the rudest shock .. they see their beloved Anjali .. falling & with the result loosing her baby .. we see a devastated family .. But today we also c a broken down teenager .. who finally realises .. the bonds of those stitches he made in the past were not strong enuf to test the ravages of time .. 

" Main bhagwan mein nahi maanta "

" haan hum toh bhool gaye the ki ASR bhagwan mein nahin maante ..kyon ki woh khud ko "bhagwan" maante hai 

" yeh bhi yaad rakhna ki .. mein apni KISMAT khud likhta hoon"

" aur aap bhi ek baat yaad rakhiye ga .. ke aapne apne liye jo bhi likha tha woh devi maiyyah ne aapka haath pakad ke lihwaya tha ... "

Prophetic words .. spoken in anger by KHUSHI .. but the realisation is now settling in Arnav .. 

Arnav Singh Raizada .. who PLAYED GOD ..  with everyones lives .. today realised .. he FAILED .. but GOD does not fail right .. SO Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada .. you are not GOD .. u FAIL ...

Arnav played GOD with Khushi's life .. nearly destroyed the girl .. got her to the point of suicide ..but Khushi is DM's special child .. so her life resurrected itself .. with DM's blessing 

Arnav played GOD with Anjali;s life .. destroyed the lady .. today she lies with her life in shambles .. will DM give Arnav ONE MORE CHANCE .. one more chance to realise .. One more chance to right the wrong he has DONE 

Maybe on the nite of Payash wedding Arnav cudnt have broken the news to Anjali .. about shyam's indiscretions .. but what stopped him from alerting her of the same later .. specially as he kept seeing his brother in law .. hitting on his WIFE ..  

but arnav decided to play GOD .. & decided to take matters in his own hands .. write everyones destines the way he wanted to .. result .. when Anjali comes to know .. she is devastated .. she chooses not to believe .. & she inadvertently brings disaster to her own doorstep .. 

For me todays .. episode goes to 2 people .. the writer .. who conceptualised this outstanding scene .. & the director .. who shot the scene ... despite all the shortcomings .. & delivered a master piece to us .. kudos to both .. 

Arnav paces the corridors of the hospital .. with Ganeshji .. sitting behind him .. now .. a lot of you wondered why Ganesh ji .. & not Devi Maiyyah .. Ganesh ji .. since .. he is the lord u pray to right all the wrongs .. the LORD who u pray to .. wade off evil from ur life .. 

Tonite arshad used Ganeshji's idol in the backdrop so wonderfully .. to convey the message of the episode 👏

Arnav firsts has his back to the lord .. he is facing away .. when he starts to get FBs of his sister .. when she told him .. about her pregnancy  & when she tried aborting her child ... he breaks down 

he sits down a broken man .. gasping with what has been dealt tonite .. putting it all together .. 

Now comes the realisation .. he has failed .. he is not facing GOD .. but he is not turned away .. look at his hands .. they are joined together .. as if in prayer .. 

The moment u realise ur mistake .. & bow ur head down to GOD .. GOD sends in his sustenance .. 

Brilliant work Arshad .. !!!!!!

Then .. after he lays his self bare infront of Khushi .. he for the first time opens his heart & shows her the depth of devastation residing there .. the depth of how scarred he is .. the depth of how broken he is .. 

He speaks about his parents past .. a sordid incident .. which has coloured his very existence .. 

Now look at the similarity .. he eavesdropped into a conversation that day too .. picked out what .. mother accusing .. father of having an affair .. he did not pick up .. father defending himself ..

Now look .. he blames his father for moms suicide .. but fathers suicide .. coz he cudnt bear the guilt of his wife;s death has passed him by .. 

Similarly .. he on that fateful day on the terrace .. caught on to Shyam hugging khushi .. but why did he not see .. KHUSHI was not returning the HUG  ... why did he not hear the passion & disgust .. in Khushi's voice when she challenges Shyams love for her .. 

He has never seen the face of the woman who was the "woh aurat" in his father's life .. .. 

Now let me throw some points to ponder here for you guys .. 

what do we know of the past :

1. garima is related to the past of the mallick family

2. she had lied to the mallick family years back

3. dadi is in the know of the whole sordid tale .. 

4. arnav blames his father & ofcourse at some point the faceless woman who was the "woh aurat" for his mothers death 

5. arnav & anjali were thrown out of their homes .. by their chacha

6. the " woh aurat" probably visited Sheesh mahal on the nite of anji wedding where she was spotted by asr mom .. asr dad apparently had his arms around the woman 

7. Khushi's parents died in a car accident ... 14 years back .. when she was 8 .. & she went to stay with Garima who at the time was unmarried 

8. Garima finally married Shashi Gupta who had a daughter from a previous marriage .. payal 

(This about sums up the past .. now if u connect the dots here .. u will get the story line .. brilliant .. simple ..not at all complicated .. as i kept telling here on DC .. when the makers will want to convey the past to you .. it will come out .. & it will come out simply when there will be no dig time decoding required .. & u will come to know before the characters come to know ) 

In Hindhu culture ... Lord Ganesha is wroshiped saying he is the lord who is "sankat mochan" the lord who wades away & ends all the troubles & evils 

Lord Ganesha is also the lord whose name is chanted ..when one is starting something new .. we say .. "Shree Ganesh " karte hai .. 

what you see above is .. a new day in IPK .. arnav hugging Khushi .. saying shree ganesh to the new day in IPK .. one can hope . this new day .. this new begining .. will end in happiness for both .. the path will be tough .. it will test their love . it will test their relation .. but with the "sankat mochan" standing behind them .. & DM always .. blessing them ... ONE can rest assured .. JO HOGA ACCHE KE LIYE HOGA .. 

Ending here tonite guys .. kudos Arshad Khan for delivering a wonderful episode .. despite the various shortcomings ..

Kudos .. Gul & her team of writers .. for once again keeping it simple . & non complicated ... 

GUD NITE GUYS .. & CU AT THE IPKs 

ENJOY THE EPISODE :

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hONdQZT6Ps&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Ruby...👏👏
HighOnSarcasm thumbnail
Originally posted by: Lizzy2012

The Misunderstandings and the  Excruciation that Is The Framework of IPK-Kyun Dard aur Galatfaimi hain teri Ishq main

The Basic Plot  of Iss Pyaar ko Kya naam Doon is the misunderstandings of the Past ,Present and probably Future along with the relative pain it brings about in its wake..are these the only factors which Is the essence of IPk all about..?No,it is  also  about the soulful love story of Arnav and Khushi who undergo the trail by fire through all these misunderstandings and the agonies that they have been put through to emerge stronger..it is the story of the chotte and chutki who are orphans scarred by the misconceptions and the agony it opened in their lives.. It is the story about the Divine retribution to the injustice that these misinterpretations  have caused through the love of arnav and khushi..

PAST

The past which was unveiled in the episode today made us realise that Arnav an impressionable 14 year old overheard a conversation  ,basically a misconception of the facts between his parents which ended in his mother's suicide..the aftermath lead to his father's suicide ,his sister's marriage cancellation  and both the siblings become orphans to be thrown in the street by their uncle..look at the misunderstanding and the resultant ache it caused them..likewise the same applied to khushi..but the khushi's story is yet to be explained though we know that garima is involved some how..she was  left her with her massi who is repenting her lie and and is afraid of Dadi..so what is Garima afraid of ..what truth does Dadi know and is it the real version or the distorted version of the same..?why is Garima pertified at the mention of confronting Dadi before The arhi wedding..?Is she the other woman in the senior mallik's life or is it a distortion of the truth?what ever it is ,the past has brought with it the possibility of another Misunderstanding?The pains of the past has not been assuaged but the future wants to pile some too on the already existent misery..

PRESENT

The present day begins with the second misunderstanding  of the same Family member..The misunderstanding starts with the lucknow fashion show where khushi steps in accidentaly..this unintentional entry makes arnav accuse khushi of sabotaging his fashion show in collusion with an enemy company..the MU which starts then keeps spiralling and takes a final shape of being the father of all the misunderstandings..like his mother Arnav too listens to the first half conversation between shyam and khushi,falsely believes khushi to be in cahoots with shyam..khushi to be having an affair with shyam..marries her in pain of being cheated by khushi.and finally needs a kidnapping and separation to understand the truth of the misunderstanding.The truth of the bond of love that exists between arhi...so arnav who marries khushi to save his sister from pain undergoes pain along with inflicting the same on khushi..but all in vain as he realises the underlying truth of the matters and throws shyam out causing his sister grief..living under the misconception that throwing shyam out would solve all the issues..then anjali's pain escalates and she starts meeting shyam on the sly..and the ultimately has led to the present where she is facing her child's premature death ..anjali in pain and arnav in pain.the misunderstandings and the pains forming the present..not able to believe the cruelty of the times..but the love of khushi giving strength to arnav..to confess the travails of his past and expression of anger at his helplessness in not being able to protect  his di.shyam , Garima,and Dadi ushering in the future with the mingling of the past and the present...past seems to revisit the present..so what does one expect the future to be?will the love of arhi stand tall in the test of their resilience?

FUTURE

all the misunderstandings,misconceptions have lead to a state of Impasse now..the past is already revisiting combining it self with the anguish of the present..the Blast of the past ..the only ones to know the truth -Garima and Dadi..will garima save the love of arhi from the wrath of Dadi?..how long can she run from the future that her past seems to be bringing in..will shyam with a hidden agenda of usurping the wealth and the love of arnav(khushi) succeed in  the execution of his nefarious plans using the past and the present(anjali's anguish and helplessness) as his stepping stones..But isn't this the love story of Arnav-Khushi the star crossed lovers?will these predestined soul mates rise above the ordinary human plotting and the pain with a help from the divine hand..?only time will give us all the answers..

Geet...👏👏
Jammy- thumbnail
Redwine- brilliant!! Is all I can say!! 👍🏼

'this story is about Arnav and khushi' - hell yeah it is!! Today he let her in completely, no pretense just a boy expressing to his love how he was forced to become a man overnight!!

Yes a brilliant episode!!

Just a thing winey, point 3 of points to ponder, do you really think Dadi knows it - the whole truth?? Considering MU seems to be running in the family! 😆

Edit- oh and thanks for pointing out why they chose lord Ganesh because I was soo confused!! Thank you for that!

Edit again- I wished you would have written about the scene when Anjali looked at Arnav and the truth hit her!! That scene stole the show for me!! Wished you would've written about it not because it needed decoding but it was amazing!! Edited by Jameelah52 - 11 years ago
sunny_sarun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Answer to the ques

ratna malik is the mother of mu and arnav is the son :D
mu runs in da fam :D