Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

FF: Safe in his arms! Link to thread 2 added (Page 20)

Aukview Senior Member
Aukview
Aukview

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 11:44pm | IP Logged

First of all Thank You for all the comments! Sorry I couldn't reply to all of them but I appreciate every single one of them!!!

Okay here is the next part. I tried to keep this as realistic as possible hope you'll like it! But, if you didn't please let me know why! Constructive criticism is always welcome!! So, here it goes...

Riya could have jumped up and down with joy but controlled herself. She tried to sound as lady like as possible when she said, "Dinner, sounds...good"

"How about I drop you home you can freshen up and I'll come pick you up at around eight?"

"Sounds like a plan...oh, you don't need to drop me though...I'll ask Shree to drop me off"

"Are you sure? I don't mind dropping you..."

"No, no it's okay, Shree lives like five minutes away from my house. Just come pick me up at eight" as she said it Riya already started dialling Shree's number to ask him to wait for her.

"Okay, I'll see you..."

Riya waited for Arjun to leave before quickly grabbing her bag and running outside to the car park where Shree was waiting for her.

"What's up?" Shree asked once Riya got in and fastened her seat belt.

"Arjun Sir and I are going out for dinner" Riya whispered.

Shree arched his eyebrows and smiled at the obvious excitement on Riya's face. Ten minutes later he dropped her in front of her house and left.

As soon as she got home Riya jumped into shower and let the hot water rush over her body. Coming out she pondered on what to wear for a few minutes before deciding on her favourite black and white dress. The dress fell down to her knees and perfectly flattered her figure. Riya quickly ran her brush through her hair and put on some makeup. She finished her look with a pair of black heels and gave herself a look over in the mirror.

Riya's heart pounded with excitement, she put her hand over her heart and thought, it's JUST a dinner, even as she said it her heart soared with happiness, but it's with HIM!! Riya chuckled at herself in the mirror. She started putting all the clothes she took out back into her cupboard when she heard the knock on the door. Riya half ran to the door, stopped and composed herself before opening it.

Arjun watched in awe at how beautiful she looked. A nervous smile played on her lips but her bright eyes were full of excitement, her cheeks were already filled with a scarlet colour as she nervously tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, she stepped aside to let him in. He smiled back and stepped inside her house for the very first time. Arjun wasn't surprised to see the house very neat and everything exactly where it is supposed to be. But, it was a little too girly for his liking, he thought noting a couple of baby pink cushions and blanket on the couch.

"Would you like to sit down?" Riya asked unsure if they were leaving immediately.

"Umm we should probably get going..." Arjun said looking down at his watch.

"Okay, give me just a second...I'll go grab my bag" she said and walked into her room when Arjun nodded.

Riya took her clutch and looked at herself one last time in the mirror. Just before going out she sneaked a look at Arjun, he looked dashing in a pair of blue jeans and her favourite black shirt but the thing she was most glad about was that he looked relaxed and calm.

About twenty minutes later they walked into a restaurant Riya had never been to. It wasn't too big or crowded; it looked very cosy and elegant. Dim lighting on the tables and the soft instrumental music in the background made the environment romantic. Seeing this softer side of Arjun surprised her, true he still looked a little uncomfortable but time would change that she hoped.

They ordered their food and waited. They did not say anything for a few minutes, then Arjun broke the silence and spoke,

"You look...very...nice"

Riya was longing for him to say something, though not the best compliment out there, Riya understood full well what he was trying to say. She smiled shyly as she said, "Thank you"

That was the icebreaker they needed, after that they conversed more freely and relaxed. They often ended up talking about work or one of the cases but, as soon as one of them realized they were talking about work they'd try and change the topic. The third time that happened Riya started laughing

"Is there nothing else we can talk about?" she said.

Arjun gave a rare smile and in an attempt to change the topic asked her about her parents. He noticed Riya's smile falter.

"My dad lives in US"

Arjun already knew that, everyone in the team knew that. Arjun was still contemplating on whether to ask her further when Riya spoke,

"My uncle - my dad's brother - owned a well established property investment company there, he asked my dad to join him so we all moved there"

"But, you moved back here a few years ago right? Why didn't your parents..." Arjun trailed off.

"After my uncle fell ill my dad started handling most of the company, he became obsessed with it. My mom always tried to keep the family together but my dad's obsession just kept driving us away from him. When I was seventeen my mom...she...she passed away. She had a heart disease. After that I was just waiting to turn eighteen so I can come back here"

"I am sorry about your mom" Arjun said, starting to feel guilty for bringing this topic up. Riya shrugged and smiled sadly.

"You came back all alone?" Arjun asked

"Yup!" she said simply. Arjun looked at her surprised, seeing this reaction Riya smiled and continued, "I came back alone, but I stayed at my aunt's house till I joined ETF"

"and...and your dad?"

"He's still there. Calls me once in a fortnight or whenever he is free. I haven't seen him...for a while now" Riya said a sadness masking her eyes. Arjun reached across the table and held her hand, his thumb caressing the back of her hand. It felt wonderful to be touched by him so gently. That little gesture was enough to bring a smile on Riya's face. She slowly and cautiously raised her fingers interlocking them with his. Having her hand in his gave her a sense of comfort; she smiled and looked up at Arjun.

Arjun felt her fingers slowly lifting up; at first he thought she wasn't comfortable and wanted him to remove his hand. But, soon he realized her fingers were actually entwining with his. He couldn't help but think how perfectly her delicate hand fit in his. She smiled revealing her perfect dimples; he'll never get tired of them.

Arjun and Riya gazed at each other lost in their own world. It wasn't till they heard a loud thud they came back to reality. Arjun and Riya looked around for the source of the sound and found his wallet lying open on the ground; Roshni's picture visible at the edges of the folds. Arjun immediately ducked down to pick it up; in the process he took his hand away from Riya's.

Panic surged through her. Riya gasped as his hand slid away from hers. She instantly tried to hold his hand but her fingers closed upon thin air. Her heart sped up as the panic became more pronounced. What the hell is happening? Riya thought. Don't be stupid he's just picking up the wallet! She reasoned with herself. Arjun emerged from under the table and put his wallet back where it was.

"Riya? Are you okay?" he asked, as she tried to calm her nerves which sped up for the weirdest reason.

"Ya...I am fine!" she said taking a deep breath. Arjun smiled and looked down at their empty plates.

"Dessert? Ice cream" he suggested.

"But, you don't like sweet stuff?"

"It's not that I don't like sweets, I just...I – I am in the mood for something sweet today"

Riya smiled...a little nervously, still daunted by her reaction a few seconds ago.

"Ice cream sounds great"

The rest of the dinner went peacefully without any bizarre reactions on Riya's part. They enjoyed the ice cream, paid the bill and left.

As they came out Riya gasped and held Arjun by his upper arm. He turned around and saw Riya with an open mouth and pointing at someone coming out of a restaurant next to them. Arjun followed her gaze to find Chotu coming out with a pretty lady by his side. Looking back Arjun saw Riya's surprised mouth turning into a cheeky smile and mischief quiet evident on her face. She raised her eyebrows and said, "Let's go say hi"

"I don't think so" said Arjun, not at all surprised by her decision.

"Oh c'mon it's Chotu. We should go say hi at least?" she pleaded

"Riya...we are leaving"

"Please"

"No"

"But, sir..." Riya stopped abruptly and mentally slapped herself. She successfully avoided calling him 'sir' all evening and ended up saying it as they were leaving. Calling him sir was not a problem but, it felt weird calling him so on their first date. Riya closed her eyes for a fraction of a second with disappointment at first and then embarrassment.

Arjun noticed this and smirked. By now to his relief Chotu and his date left so Arjun led Riya to their car and drove off to her house.

They slowly walked towards her door, not talking but enjoying each other's company. The tips of their fingers kept caressing each other's hands. Upon reaching the front door Riya opened it and turned around to face Arjun. She smiled shyly, a free strand of hair came loose, Arjun instantaneously raised his hand, and his finger tips caressed her cheeks lightly as he tucked it behind her ear. Riya momentarily closed her eyes, her heart picked up speed. Arjun cupped the side of her neck and gently pulled her towards him into a warm, gentle hug. His arms snaked around her waist, causing her to shiver. Riya felt completely at home in his arms, she smelled in his scent and tightened her grip on him. She could have stayed like this forever but soon Arjun started pulling away. Not wanting to get away from him just yet she resisted, pulling herself even closer to him. Arjun let out a soft chuckle and wrapped his arms around her again. They stood quietly for a few more minutes, listening, feeling each other's hearts. He then pressed his lips to her forehead and let it linger there as his hands softly caressed her back.

Riya closed her eyes as Arjun kissed her forehead, relishing it. The moment was perfect. They were together and nothing else was needed. He bent down and whispered in her ear. "You can start calling me Arjun now. Just Arjun" She could hear a smile in his voice, her cheeks filled with a rosy scarlet colour. His gaze lingered over her face before he finally pulled away from her. The way he was looking at her, Riya wanted to jump right back into his arms.

"I...I should..." he didn't finish the sentence, instead nodded towards his car. Riya smiled and nodded.

And so, their date came to an end. It wasn't fairy-tale-perfect, but Riya realized sometimes awkward and weird is even more perfect.

The following 69 member(s) liked the above post:

harshitha87lizakuttiVirMan505sirani07sangeethbala-Beth-Arya1991jankisoni86abna1989Asha03benazKrinal5Devilish.Angelhoneey95kirthiiiGeeta.Rpoojdc87christmasSuper.womansalmankideewanisowmyap03Aqua_marineIshqDewaaniswamii92butterfly7shruti-loveluvzindagiarul01-GrilledCheese-APRIL14-Siaa-.scarlet.Angel_Aryakgmukunchuipkknd-fanNirju99_mahi_despicable_meKrishnaluv94zarfishanzahidfatima15ArieltabimadmadonahangokMellifluoussrividhya68-SREE93-IlaTanwarAks13cuteariyadevildiva21saltaHaruhi_Mokaveriw2008funkyliciousprincy48_TaNi_ll-Shilpa-llsuj01shah10Queen.Beevidya.anandRadhika Shahxaviarakashishk_BlackPearl_--Mahima--DivineDarkness

_mahi_ IF-Dazzler
_mahi_
_mahi_

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
edited*
this was PERFECTEmbarrassed
nothing could have been more angelic and mesmerizing than this chapterEmbarrassed
their behavior towards each other, their actions, reactions, all together were adorable.. Tongue
fingers entwiningBlushing.. blushes.. kiss.. hugDay Dreaming.. oh damn gurl.. you made my day Hug
cant thank you enough for such a beautiful update.Big smile
this was the most colorful and unique date ever.. splendid!Star

Edited by _mahi_ - 15 October 2012 at 12:06am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kirthiiiAukviewfunkylicious

shah10 IF-Sizzlerz
shah10
shah10

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Awesome

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aukview_mahi_

Arya1991 Senior Member
Arya1991
Arya1991

Posted: 14 October 2012 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Rez

*Edited*

Nooo!!!!

When I clicked "Post Reply", no one had Res-ed!! I was gonna be first!!! Cry
But...I shall settle for "on the same page"! Tongue

I think your story is brilliant! 
It's amazing how you've focused on the little nuances of the relationship...how it blooms..the comfort...the contented-ness...

I'm definitely looking forward to the next update!

Edited by Arya1991 - 15 October 2012 at 12:01am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Aukview_mahi_funkylicious

Aukview Senior Member
Aukview
Aukview

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 12:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _mahi_

edited*
this was PERFECTEmbarrassed
nothing could have been more angelic and mesmerizing than this chapterEmbarrassed
their behavior towards each other, their actions, reactions, all together were adorable.. Tongue
fingers entwiningBlushing.. blushes.. kiss.. hugDay Dreaming.. oh damn gurl.. you made my day Hug
cant thank you enough for such a beautiful update.Big smile
this was the most colorful and unique date ever.. splendid!Star

Thank You soo much for the awesome comment! Hug
I was actually not sure about this chapter but wow! your comment just made my day Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_mahi_

Aukview Senior Member
Aukview
Aukview

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 12:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shah10

Awesome

Thank You!! Smile

_mahi_

Aukview Senior Member
Aukview
Aukview

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arya1991

Rez

*Edited*

Nooo!!!!

When I clicked "Post Reply", no one had Res-ed!! I was gonna be first!!! Cry
But...I shall settle for "on the same page"! Tongue

I think your story is brilliant! 
It's amazing how you've focused on the little nuances of the relationship...how it blooms..the comfort...the contented-ness...

I'm definitely looking forward to the next update!

Thank you for the wonderful comment!! I am so glad you are liking the story and taking time to comment Big smile

_mahi_

shrutisweety IF-Sizzlerz
shrutisweety
shrutisweety

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 12:53am | IP Logged
gud update
send me pm please

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aukview_mahi_

Go to top