Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Samsung verses Apple (Page 3)

slumgod. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:09am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

seoulbeatsreturn_to_hades

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:45am | IP Logged

Apple is a good company that makes good solid products. I've always thought they deliver superior performance and reliability compared to other products. However, in the past few years with the 'i-pod' and 'i-phone' trend they seem to have lost their way. Now I think they are delivering overpriced and overrated products to clueless  people willing to shell out the amount for the brand name and cool factor. Their updates have been superficial and not worth the exorbitant costs. Rather than stick to their core value of delivering a good innovative product, the company just sought to make big profits.

Android was just the thing the market needed. A good powerful and low cost alternative platform.  Rather than get an overpriced i-phone customers could get a phone with very similar functionality and capability for a lower reasonable price. Samsung took the Android platform to the next level. They really worked on what the consumer wanted, ironed out some of the sluggishness and glitches and created a really good Android phone. For the first time the i-phone is no longer number one phone in the market. The lawsuit has also worked against Apple as many consumers realize Apple just wants a monopoly and throttle competition.

The end result is good for the customer. Apple will be forced to innovate significantly and give powerful performance rather than just ride on price. Samsung will work hard to maintain its new found edge. All cell phone manufacturers are vying to build good phones that are aesthetically and functionally pleasing to customers at a good price point. Finally – no more monopolies.

seoulbeats-Chandramukhi-

snowflake. IF-Stunnerz
snowflake.
snowflake.

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Apple! Big smile
slumgod. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:56am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

seoulbeatsHeart

seoulbeats Senior Member
seoulbeats
seoulbeats

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Heart

Originally posted by seoulbeats

Originally posted by Heart

I think most of Apples business is probably earned and spend in suing other phone companies for "their work". 
It was funny how this year earlier, the court wanted Apple to apologize to Samsung for invalid patents, Apple only won for the touch zoom feature. I also remember back in 2009, when Nokia used to be one of the largest selling phones around the world, so Apple sued Nokia for "their work" LOL And then HTC and Motorola got involved. And now it is Samsung, since sales of Samsung was twice to that of Apple this year. Pathetic. 
Because of this Android seems to have faced some loss too, but Android and Samsung are an inevitable combination.. merely banning a few phones is not going to stop them; a certain someone needs to get over their suing addiction and start making new innovations which are user friendly and new. 

Actually till June this year apple had a much higher sale of its products and had more revenue than Samsung had. Here are the figures-

Apple sold 85 million iPhones in the US, producing $50 billion in revenue. It also sold 46 million units of the iPod Touch, making the company $10.3 billion. And since the iPad launched in 2010, it's sold 34 million of the blighters, generation $19 billion in revenue.

Samsung, meanwhile, has also had a good couple of years. Between June 2010 and June 2012 (the period at question in the court case), Samsung sold 21.25 million phones, making it $7.5 billion in revenue. In the same period, it sold 1.4 million Galaxy Tab devices, producing $644 million.

Source

However,the real kick in the gut comes when you realize that Apple won the case due to infringement on its patent on "scroll-bounce" and "pinch and zoom."  That's not an innovation.It just highlights the necessity of having patent reforms. Samsung did rip off Apple's  down to the icons and pixels.

The need of software patents and hardware patents is understandable but patenting the way I use my fingers on a finger scroll is just a load of baloney!

I agree Android and Samsung are an amazing combination. Android rocks my world!

I was talking about overall sales till August. 

It is nothing new. If Samsung Copied from Apple, apple has done the same from somewhere else. Steve Job's called it "Shameless stealing" himself. As far as I remember, Apple also sued Samsung for the shape of the iPhone and iPad! Talk about a whole bunch of baloney! Big smile 

And now I have heard that Apple has filed a few more patents (ugh why am I not surprised?) against Galaxy SIII, Verizon, Note and Note 10.1. 

The sources you provided are just giving a rough estimate and the article itself mentions this. Generally companies don't reveal their sales figure as this can be used by rival firms for their own benefit. 

The wall street journal report says-

"Samsung may also have passed Apple Inc. as the world's top seller of smartphones, though analysts disagreed on that, giving widely varying estimates of Samsung's output."

Yes, apple is getting ready to sue again. By the way, the claim for damages on account of same shape of product was rejected so it can't be that bad.

seoulbeats Senior Member
seoulbeats
seoulbeats

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 7:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by UnsolvedMystery

Lmao,, this is hilarious

Chinese Clone Company Will Sue Apple Over iPhone 5 Design

Jesus Diaz

The clone manufacturer who released aniPhone 5 knock-off last week now says that they will sue Apple if they release the real iPhone 5 in China. Surreal? Hilarious? Pathetic? All of the above.

Hong Kong-based GooPhone, who designedtheir cheapo Android phone after the alleged Apple iPhone 5 parts leaked during the last few months, has a very rational argument: they have released their clone first, so everything that comes after that must be a copy, even if they actually made their phone after the parts of a phone that hasn't been released yet but that everyone believes is the real thing.

In other words: since their clone was released first, that makes it the original phone. The iPhone 5 is the actual clone, not theirs.

Makes sense? Of course it doesn't. Who cares! It's fun!

I just hope Samsung is taking notes and hurries up to release an iPhone 5 clone as soon as possible. Come on, Samsung'you got one week! You can totally do this. [Goophone viaGizChina via Cult of Mac]

LOL
seoulbeats Senior Member
seoulbeats
seoulbeats

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Apple is a good company that makes good solid products. I've always thought they deliver superior performance and reliability compared to other products. However, in the past few years with the 'i-pod' and 'i-phone' trend they seem to have lost their way. Now I think they are delivering overpriced and overrated products to clueless  people willing to shell out the amount for the brand name and cool factor. Their updates have been superficial and not worth the exorbitant costs. Rather than stick to their core value of delivering a good innovative product, the company just sought to make big profits.

Android was just the thing the market needed. A good powerful and low cost alternative platform.  Rather than get an overpriced i-phone customers could get a phone with very similar functionality and capability for a lower reasonable price. Samsung took the Android platform to the next level. They really worked on what the consumer wanted, ironed out some of the sluggishness and glitches and created a really good Android phone. For the first time the i-phone is no longer number one phone in the market. The lawsuit has also worked against Apple as many consumers realize Apple just wants a monopoly and throttle competition.

The end result is good for the customer. Apple will be forced to innovate significantly and give powerful performance rather than just ride on price. Samsung will work hard to maintain its new found edge. All cell phone manufacturers are vying to build good phones that are aesthetically and functionally pleasing to customers at a good price point. Finally, no more monopolies.

Yes, I think as both Apple and Samsung have upped their game ultimately the customer would benefit as both of them continue to pioneer new technology and create products that are irresistible.
-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
The topic should be Innovation Vs Clones ;)

seoulbeatsBeyond_the_Veil

Go to top