Samsung verses Apple (Page 2)

seoulbeats Senior Member
seoulbeats
seoulbeats

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by publicparty

Originally posted by seoulbeats

Originally posted by publicparty

USA companies need to learn the lesson. Both as a nation and as a business nation, they are highly ignorant and opportunistic. Its high time that this nation crumbled ... I praise Samsung CEO and the East Asians for their ingenious governance and emergence.

They are the next leaders of this world.

I am sorry but the topic of the debate is Apple vs Samsung and not USA vs East Asia.
Apple is a US brand and Samsung a Korean brand. Nation image and product branding are correleted.

They may be related. However making statements like "It's high time that this nation crumbled' will only steer the debate to political waters when clearly there is no need for it now.

slumgod. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

seoulbeatsBeyond_the_Veil

slumgod. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:47pm | IP Logged

Heart Senior Member
Heart
Heart

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by UnsolvedMystery

Originally posted by Heart

I think most of Apples business is probably earned and spend in suing other phone companies for "their work"
It was funny how this year earlier, the court wanted Apple to apologize to Samsung for invalid patents, Apple only won for the touch zoom feature. I also remember back in 2009, when Nokia used to be one of the largest selling phones around the world, so Apple sued Nokia for "their work" LOL And then HTC and Motorola got involved. And now it is Samsung, since sales of Samsung was twice to that of Apple this year. Pathetic. 
Because of this Android seems to have faced some loss too, but Android and Samsung are an inevitable combination.. merely banning a few phones is not going to stop them; a certain someone needs to get over their suing addiction and start making new innovations which are user friendly and new. 
@bold...tell me you were not serious when you wrote that

As serious as this guy.. 
Heart Senior Member
Heart
Heart

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 10:38pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Heart

I think most of Apples business is probably earned and spend in suing other phone companies for "their work". 
It was funny how this year earlier, the court wanted Apple to apologize to Samsung for invalid patents, Apple only won for the touch zoom feature. I also remember back in 2009, when Nokia used to be one of the largest selling phones around the world, so Apple sued Nokia for "their work" LOL And then HTC and Motorola got involved. And now it is Samsung, since sales of Samsung was twice to that of Apple this year. Pathetic. 
Because of this Android seems to have faced some loss too, but Android and Samsung are an inevitable combination.. merely banning a few phones is not going to stop them; a certain someone needs to get over their suing addiction and start making new innovations which are user friendly and new. 

Actually till June this year apple had a much higher sale of its products and had more revenue than Samsung had. Here are the figures-

Apple sold 85 million iPhones in the US, producing $50 billion in revenue. It also sold 46 million units of the iPod Touch, making the company $10.3 billion. And since the iPad launched in 2010, it's sold 34 million of the blighters, generation $19 billion in revenue.

Samsung, meanwhile, has also had a good couple of years. Between June 2010 and June 2012 (the period at question in the court case), Samsung sold 21.25 million phones, making it $7.5 billion in revenue. In the same period, it sold 1.4 million Galaxy Tab devices, producing $644 million.

Source

However,the real kick in the gut comes when you realize that Apple won the case due to infringement on its patent on "scroll-bounce" and "pinch and zoom."  That's not an innovation.It just highlights the necessity of having patent reforms. Samsung did rip off Apple's  down to the icons and pixels.

The need of software patents and hardware patents is understandable but patenting the way I use my fingers on a finger scroll is just a load of baloney!

I agree Android and Samsung are an amazing combination. Android rocks my world!

I was talking about overall sales till August. 

It is nothing new. If Samsung Copied from Apple, apple has done the same from somewhere else. Steve Job's called it "Shameless stealing" himself. As far as I remember, Apple also sued Samsung for the shape of the iPhone and iPad! Talk about a whole bunch of baloney! Big smile 

And now I have heard that Apple has filed a few more patents (ugh why am I not surprised?) against Galaxy SIII, Verizon, Note and Note 10.1. 

slumgod. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 11:09pm | IP Logged

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 11:28pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Prometeus

Apple want to profit from its innovative design and patented inventions...but I dont think courts can give correct verdict by confirming who is the pirate of technology..sure these the technology war would continue..until somebody else might corner their established market...Personaly I love apple technology...its far better than Samsung.

^Now you know who bite that apple...apple a day keeps the samsung away!!Tongue

I agree. 

For example- The 'pinch-zoom' and 'rubber-banding feature' (makes list jump when pushed beyond limit) is used by many Smart phones and not just Samsung.As apple won that case against Samsung it will only serve to encourage Apple to lob even more lawsuits at firms it believes are ripping off its intellectual property.Such 

Personally, I like Samsung better.Though iphone is easier to navigate and as a complete package is a simpler experience android beats it to the punch as it is more flexible and has better alert system. Just my view.

B4 I used Samsung galaxyII ,now am using iPhone-S so I can feel the difference, esply the touch screen, battery life,picuture clarity and voice clarity & the iPhone OS we can upgrade.

But in my opinion, technology can copy...nothing wrong in it...thats why we getting different brands of Tech. products in market.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Heart

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 1:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by UnsolvedMystery

Samsung has stepped up its game, introducing several high end phones like Galaxy nexus, S3 and Galaxy note. All they need to do is get rid of plastic back. I should add that they stopped copying apple after releasing Galaxy S. Wait and watch what Apple has it under the sleeve when they release Iphone5 on September 12.
Samsung is on Android and they are fast in coming up with a lots of designs and features.
Apple will be losing its market a lot of other players too like NOkia etc.
For the time being I am sticking to Apple as I get it at a special discount.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

seoulbeats

Go to top