jules thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
When inexperience and lack of PR skills is displayed in a profession that is media and public driven.. any mistake small or big is never looked at as a mistake.. it becomes a crime!

Media is a field that doesn't forgive anyone.. its a platform where age is not a factor, inexperience is not excuses... you could be 16 or 65 from your words, to your attitude to your statements, jokes, gestures, tone everything is scrutinized!!

A new may be sensationalised  when it happens but it is foolish to think that it dies down! It may be put out where something more sensational occurs but  another mistake by the person and all the history is dug out and it seems like it never went away!!

Of late this is exactly what I feel is happening...

Two grave mistakes from 4 Lions----

1) Gul casually talking about the original concept of Didi ki Sautan
2) The writer making the comment 'dekha hai to deko'

Everytime the storyline falters, rumour mills go on a spin or actors make the wrong move or statement... we cant help but revisit these two mistakes and pull them out from their coffins and make a connect.

And it is not really the audience's fault cause the profession is like that... nothing is fforgiven and everything remains alive in the public memory!!

Just a lesson to be more careful with the choice of words, improve PR skills and think about what really needs to be revealed and what needs to be under raps!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BornThisWay thumbnail
That comment "Dekhna Hai Toh Dekho" literally pissed me off!
jules thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: BornThisWay

That comment "Dekhna Hai Toh Dekho" literally pissed me off!

Ditto.. though I am not on twitter and dont care who the guy is but just the arrogance of the statement shocked me when I read about it. And trust me a lot of viewers have left the show just  because of that... cause it became a battle of who makes whom!! The least that could have happened as a damage control was an official apology... which never came! The ones who left never came back cause they found other things to do and watch and the ones who stayed irrespective havent forgotten or forgiven so everytime they is a mess up ... the sarcastic daggers come out!!! 😊
Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Agree with you... This show/ ph badly need a gud PR...
All of them be it be actor, producer, writer... All of them are very casual in media .. And fail to use the media / free press thy get to use to thr advantage
BornThisWay thumbnail
Originally posted by: jules

Ditto.. though I am not on twitter and dont care who the guy is but just the arrogance of the statement shocked me when I read about it. And trust me a lot of viewers have left the show just  because of that... cause it became a battle of who makes whom!! The least that could have happened as a damage control was an official apology... which never came! The ones who left never came back cause they found other things to do and watch and the ones who stayed irrespective havent forgotten or forgiven so everytime they is a mess up ... the sarcastic daggers come out!!! 😊

I'm on Twitter but never bothered to read that tweet or follow that guy. But the height of arrogance was extreme. You're absolutely right, many people have already left the show & now some more are on the verge of leaving. They messed up things very badly, & yes an apology was expected, but it never came & that was like a bottle of salt being sprinkled on the wounds.

By the way, very well written post!😃