India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Surrogacy?

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 2:51am | IP Logged
In this day of sperm donors, egg donors and rented wombs, I really don't know what to make of emotional surrogacy...

Husbands are willing to accept other men's sperms impregnating their wives, and wives are willing to accept other women bearing their husband's children...the desire for a child is so strong that people are willing to resort to seemingly extreme measures...if one of the partners is unable to fulfil this need for a child, they are willing to take outside help...

Then of course there is the case of rented wombs...when women are unable to carry a chidl, for whatever reason, they are willing to rent wombs to have their kids,.,...we have had celebrity examples of the same...

What happens when your career and lifestyle choices dictatate the time of conception. And what if your partner is unhappy with your choice? How do you resolve this conflcit. I had asked if surrogacy was an option under the circumstances but I was then shouted down. Today, we see that even if not physical surrogacy, there is a case of emotional surrogacy on the show. How does a partner react under the circumstances? Is this issue strong enough to break a marriage? From a male perspective, fidelity is more a physical thing whereaas for women, it is a state of mind. So the minute a man satisfies, even unconsciously, his paternal intrincts through a woman other than his wife he has transgressed, How does a wife deal with this? I think the show has raised some really uncomfortable questions. I wonder whether the answers are going to make us even more uncomfortable. Because, subconsciously, a man has pitted one woman's womb against the other. Granted, his humaneness may be his primary motive, but how do you apportion share of each trigger?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aru29

aru29 IF-Rockerz
aru29
aru29

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sujatha.rao

In this day of sperm donors, egg donors and rented wombs, I really don't know what to make of emotional surrogacy...

Husbands are willing to accept other men's sperms impregnating their wives, and wives are willing to accept other women bearing their husband's children...the desire for a child is so strong that people are willing to resort to seemingly extreme measures...if one of the partners is unable to fulfil this need for a child, they are willing to take outside help...

Then of course there is the case of rented wombs...when women are unable to carry a chidl, for whatever reason, they are willing to rent wombs to have their kids,.,...we have had celebrity examples of the same...

What happens when your career and lifestyle choices dictatate the time of conception. And what if your partner is unhappy with your choice? How do you resolve this conflcit. I had asked if surrogacy was an option under the circumstances but I was then shouted down. Today, we see that even if not physical surrogacy, there is a case of emotional surrogacy on the show. How does a partner react under the circumstances? Is this issue strong enough to break a marriage? From a male perspective, fidelity is more a physical thing whereaas for women, it is a state of mind. So the minute a man satisfies, even unconsciously, his paternal intrincts through a woman other than his wife he has transgressed, How does a wife deal with this? I think the show has raised some really uncomfortable questions. I wonder whether the answers are going to make us even more uncomfortable. Because, subconsciously, a man has pitted one woman's womb against the other. Granted, his humaneness may be his primary motive, but how do you apportion share of each trigger?
@ bold.  That is exactly what is making me feel so upset with this track...Angry Why does nidhi's every decision haunt her and she's got to change her decisions or atleast feel guilty for them all the time??
Be it her
1) career options
2) choosing Ashu against family 
3) choosing family over Ashu
4) now postponing motherhood...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sujatha.rao

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 3:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aru29

Originally posted by Sujatha.rao

@ bold.  That is exactly what is making me feel so upset with this track...Angry Why does nidhi's every decision haunt her and she's got to change her decisions or atleast feel guilty for them all the time??
Be it her
1) career options
2) choosing Ashu against family 
3) choosing family over Ashu
4) now postponing motherhood...

Becasue this is reality...our wombs are our strength and they are our weaknesses to...and they will be used to put us on pedestals or to pull us to the ground...I don't think the writer intends to present idealistic situations...he wants to expose ugly and dirty realities...and he is succeeding big time!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Bvfan123aru29

aru29 IF-Rockerz
aru29
aru29

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 3:12am | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]

Becasue this is reality...our wombs are our strength and they are our weaknesses to...and they will be used to put us on pedestals or to pull us to the ground...I don't think the writer intends to present idealistic situations...he wants to expose ugly and dirty realities...and he is succeeding big time!
[/QUOTE]
Agree  to most of it ...Smile But still can't really understand  that just asking for postponing family planning can create so much of havoc...yes if the writer is trying to show the ugly realities then guess he's succeeding which is evident by the fact that most women are identifying with it,...so guess as long as they don't stretch it beyond a point , like ashu going with mallika for her appointments,etc,...am cool with it...Tongue
BTW really liked ur OS Tit for Tat,especially the tit for tat part had fun seeing Ashu so jealous...

Edited by aru29 - 03 September 2012 at 3:13am
Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 3:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aru29

[/QUOTE]
Agree  to most of it ...Smile But still can't really understand  that just asking for postponing family planning can create so much of havoc...yes if the writer is trying to show the ugly realities then guess he's succeeding which is evident by the fact that most women are identifying with it,...so guess as long as they don't stretch it beyond a point , like ashu going with mallika for her appointments,etc,...am cool with it...Tongue
BTW really liked ur OS Tit for Tat,especially the tit for tat part had fun seeing Ashu so jealous...
[/QUOTE]

Yeah...this really is holding up a mirror to society...and we are not liking what we see...because it does not fit into our notion of clean and tidy romance,...this is ugly, dirty and yet real...love need not be divine all the time...it can be downright dirty too at times...!
Shee_xaan IF-Rockerz
Shee_xaan
Shee_xaan

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 11:17am | IP Logged
TFS..

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index