sharpee thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I have loved Aamir as an actor ever since I can remember, however I never thought much of him as a star. For me, SRK has been my star! It's been my dream to meet him in person.  All these changed yesterday.

I live in Chicago, so yesterday me and some of my friends decided to go watch Dhoom 3 shooting and hopefully to get a glimpse of Aamir Khan. What started as a fun stroll in downtown Chicago, turned in to a most memorable night of my life. Not only we saw Dhoom 3 filming, but we also spoke to Aamir khan and were able to get pictures with him!!!!!!  

More details to follow πŸ˜›

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wow that is great. Actually AWESOME. Haha meeting him changed your views on him lol. Must've been a great moment for you

Cool I met Salman couple of years ago when he came to NZ to shoot his Mountain Dew Ad. It was shot at Mt Ruapehu. And my mates and I stalked him to there lol. Lot's of Indians were there. 
I will try to get the pic up on here. It's awesome meeting your fav actor but for you, it's different.
PigBenis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Wow you must've had a great experience meeting him. Also that meeting him changed your views about Aamir. Congrats!

I met him couple times also when he came to my town. He's really nice to his fansπŸ˜ƒ

Waiting for more details!
HotMess thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Aaah I always wanted to meet him! I know he was here in Toronto for TIFF for Dhobi Ghat, and I couldn't go to the premiere because it was on the same day as Eid. Tough luck!

I am happy for you! Waiting for details! :)
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I've always missed him in Toronto! You're lucky! What did you talk to him about?
That's awesome! Good for ya'll. How was he? Was he down to earth or a snob? πŸ˜†
sharpee thumbnail
He is amazing to say the least. When we got there, the crew has already been shooting for about 7 hours and everyone was tired. We were talking to the security guys and all of them said that Aamir is the nicest celebrity they have met.  When we went to see the shooting, we  first saw Abhishek, Uday, and Madhavan  just hanging out on the sets.  Abhishek is not nice at all. Maybe a little arrogant. Uday and Madhavan had to tap him so he could wave at us. And he wasn't even shooting. The security guys had the same opinions about Abhishek!! Go figues! We were a little upset cause we used to like him.. haha.. 

We watched the shooting with few of AAmir's scene and it was great. As soon as it was turn for Aamir's body double to shoot, Aamir sat down with Uday and Abhishek for a break.  Aamir happened to look  where we were standing and we waved at him. RIGHT AWAY, he got up and walked downed the street with his body guard to come shake hands with us  through the fence. There were few other people and he took the time to personally shake hands with everyone. We were all so surprised by his gesture that we didn't know what to say to him. hahaha. We got this whole thing on the video!! πŸ˜†  During this whole time, Abhishek was just chilling on his chair. People were screaming his name, but he just waved.

Later in the night, even after being sooo tired he came and took pictures with everyone. There were some Aunties pushing us away, so he even requested them that let this girls get pictures first. He was so humble and down to earth. If you guys had seen the way the people in the crowd were acting, you would not want to be anywhere near them.haha. He was so patient and calm with everyone (including the lady who tried to break into his vanity van). He has maintained himself so well. He doesn't look his age at all. 

I guess, I should also mention that Uday Chopra was also as nice as Aamir and took pictures with us. 
Edited by sharpee - 11 years ago

Originally posted by: sharpee

He is amazing to say the least. When we got there, the crew has already been shooting for about 7 hours and everyone was tired. We were talking to the security guys and all of them said that Aamir is the nicest celebrity they have met.  When we went to see the shooting, we  first saw Abhishek, Uday, and Madhavan  just hanging out on the sets.  Abhishek is not nice at all. Maybe a little arrogant. Uday and Madhavan had to tap him so he could wave at us. And he wasn't even shooting. The security guys had the same opinions about Abhishek!! Go figues! We were a little upset cause we used to like him.. haha.. 

We watched the shooting with few of AAmir's scene and it was great. As soon as it was turn for Aamir's body double to shoot, Aamir sat down with Uday and Abhishek for a break.  Aamir happened to look  where we were standing and we waved at him. RIGHT AWAY, he got up and walked downed the street with his body guard to come shake hands with us  through the fence. There were few other people and he took the time to personally shake hands with everyone. During this whole time, Abhishek was just chilling on his chair. 

Later in the night, even after being sooo tired he came and took pictures with everyone. There were some Aunties pushing us away, so he even requested them that let this girls get pictures first. He was so humble and down to earth. If you guys had seen the way the people in the crowd were acting, you would not want to be anywhere near them.haha. He was so patient and calm with everyone (including the lady who tried to break into his vanity van). He has maintained himself so well. He doesn't look his age at all. 

I guess, I should also mention that Uday Chopra was also as nice as Aamir and took pictures with us. 

Awww that's great to know!!!!! Aamir Khan is one of the few Bollywood celebrities I want to meet in real life. I have always heard good fan stories from him. He does seem like a great guy. Thanks for sharing! πŸ˜ƒ

What's up with Abhisekh though? πŸ˜•He seems to have a dual personality or something. From his tweets, I was under the impression that he's a laid back, humble guy. Guess not. πŸ₯±
How tall is he? πŸ˜ƒ

Good to know that Aamir is considerate towards his fans! great you got to meet him.
Edited by DejaVu. - 11 years ago
sharpee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

Awww that's great to know!!!!! Aamir Khan is one of the few Bollywood celebrities I want to meet in real life. I have always heard good fan stories from him. He does seem like a great guy. Thanks for sharing! πŸ˜ƒ

What's up with Abhisekh though? πŸ˜•He seems to have a dual personality or something. From his tweets, I was under the impression that he's a laid back, humble guy. Guess not. πŸ₯±

Dex,

He is super nice to his fans! I hope you get to meet him! Drive to chicago... He is here for another month or so πŸ˜ƒ  Not sure about Abhishek. I have always loved his interviews and thought that he was really nice. I would have thought that he was having a bad day, but the security guys said that he is just like that. You have to be lucky to catch him in a good mood!