Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Omnipotence

I follow Islam. In my opinion if Saudia Arabia has a right to ban women from roaming around without a burqa, EU certainly has a right to make a contrary law. If you live in any country, you have to follow their legal framework. Simple as that. 

I agree. We can morally oppose the laws and the legislation of the country, but legally, the government has 100% right to enforce their laws on the civilians. Personally, I am of the opinion that people should be able to dress the way they want to (I only make an exception in the case of full nudity or face covering in public places). I'd therefore morally oppose both the moves made by the France govt. as well as KSA govt. - but unless the govt. actually decides to change or overturn the law, people will have to do as the law says or else they will be held criminals. It's very unfair, but one can always look to migrate if the values, opportunities and laws of the country do not appeal to them.

Originally posted by: SportsFreak

I can't believe that some Western countries who claim to be the epitome of democracy can make a big deal over a piece of clothe and ban it in the name of women liberation. I don't even understand how the burka leads to a woman's oppression especially if the woman herself chooses to wear it without any pressure. Why should a woman who chooses to wear the burka be fined in France. Isn't it restricting my freedom to choose how to live my life? And what about tolerance of other people choices and cultures?

I think women should be allowed to cover themselves up in the way they like whether it be a burka , a Salwar kameez or a short dress. This should be fine as long as they don't cover up their face  hiding their identity behind the burka or a small piece of cloth. When this 'hiding of identity' is allowed ,the security of the nation will be at more risk.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
For some the burka is not just a religious attire but an everyday cloak of preference.
But it does add some mystery and romance

him30 thumbnail
in my opinion noone wnts to wear burkha... 
it is a kind of restriction on women..
why only d women of tht particular religion wnts to wear tht????