India-Forums

Age of Ram Sita During Marriage !!

Varnita. IF-Sizzlerz
Varnita.
Varnita.

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 9:48am | IP Logged

Hai Guys Hug

Pranaam !!

I m Here With my First Query, I Hope U all will Help me in Solving it !!

I was Just Searching Some information about Ramayan and I Found Something that seems quite Odd Embarrassed !!

It is The Conversation of Sita and Raavan, When Raavan Came to abduct her and Was Generally asking her Wherebouts !! At that Time Sita Said that: 

"I am the Daughter of Mithila King Janak, Married with Ayodhya's elder Prince Ram! Ram is So Dear to Whole Ayodhya but he left the kingdom to obey his father's promise and have given a New Ideal to the Whole World !

In their Convertatation she mentioned that she is Married when she was 5 and she had lived happily with her husband for 12 years in Ayodhya after her marraige. In thirteenth year, her father in law wanted to make his Elder Son ram, The King of Ayodhya. But Kaikeyi, one of the mother of Ram asked  Dashrath to ask Him to Go to vanvaas for 14 years or else she would not take any food, water, etc and give up her life.

I was 18 years and Ram was 25 years of age,when we decided to leave the kingdom." 

And it is also Mentioned Somewhere in Aranya Kand which Says that Sitaji was 5 years and Ramji was 13 years at the time of marriage.

Well I know, Ram Sita Came in Treta Yug and at That Time Child Marriages were Common but Personally I Dont think that Sitaji was Worth 5 Years at the Time of Marriage. The Reason for it is, Urmila was born a year after Sita was found,Right?  Mandavi and Shrutakirti were even Younger than Urmila. Umm Let's say we assumed Sita's age  to be 5, then Urmila would have had to be 4, Mandavi anywhere around 4 or 3, and Shrutakirti something like 1-2 years younger than Mandavi, meaning 2 or 1 Shocked , So if Sita Got married at the age of 5 then Does Shrutkirti Got married at the age of 1 ? Shocked Does it Seems possibleConfused ?

Also I Dont Think that Ram and Sita Lived 12 years in Ayodhya after Marriage, They might have lived for 1 or Something Years Because if They Lived for 12 years, it arrises the question that why wouldn't they have had their kids ? Because 12 years is a Sufficient time to Have the Kids. But if they lived in Ayodhya  for only 1 year, it makes sense, since they probably decided to have their kids only after returning.

These r the Questions which r arising in my Mind, Please help me to get Over Them Embarrassed

Varnita

Edited by Varnita. - 30 August 2012 at 12:55pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

SahasranamaM-Gitanjali-ShivangBuch.anishaa.Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 12:05pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

SahasranamaMShivangBuch.anishaa.Varnita.Vishakha_Sakhi

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 12:12pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-ShivangBuch.anishaa.Vishakha_SakhiVarnita.

Varnita. IF-Sizzlerz
Varnita.
Varnita.

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Thanks for all these References Janu Hug
So all these Things are Saying that ram was Sita were just 13 and 5 During their marriage, Right ? Aahh I too Find the Same Everywhere, The Reason for Why i Made this Post is I m Personally just Not able to accept that Sita is only 5 When She Got married to ram ! Embarrassed

Also If ram married a 5 Year old Sita then Does Shatrugan married a 1-2 Years Shrutkirti Shocked...I think this is the Biggest Blooper in the Informations and Some Actual Data is missing !!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 3:14pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-Varnita.Vishakha_Sakhi

Varnita. IF-Sizzlerz
Varnita.
Varnita.

Posted: 31 August 2012 at 4:13am | IP Logged
^^ Ohh God Janu, U Just has Said Everything which is Running Inside my Mind Shocked, (Have U Done any Special Coarse of Mind Reading? ConfusedLOL) Even I find it Unbelievable that Sitaji Got Married at the age of 5 which is So Young even if we Consider Child Marrige, I mean at that Time Girls Dont even reach to their adult age Shocked, How can Sitaji be married at this Time then Confused ? Seriously Thinking of Such a Marriage of a Couple which is my Idol is Just unbelievable for me Embarrassed
In Other way too if we take of the Look of the Things happenned before thier Marriage, then Does Sitaji Got attracted towards Ramji at the age of 5 in Pushp vatika Shocked, It is another Unbelievable thing for me as at this age Children Dont even Know what these Feelings r, Right? EmbarrassedLOL So Connecting each and Every thing which we have read in Ramayana I m Just Finding it Impossible that Sitaji and Ramji were just 5 and 13 at their Marriage !!
As For U want To know the RCM views regarding this, I asked My mom today and She Told me that Tulsidasji mentioned that Ram and Sita Reached their "Kishor Awastha" (Teen Age, Generally Beteen 15-18) when they met First and Got married, and Seriously It Makes more Sense to me, I m Better able to connect everything with the Story Considering These Ages Embarrassed

lol Ok I will PM Everyone LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

ShivangBuch Goldie
ShivangBuch
ShivangBuch

Posted: 31 August 2012 at 4:45am | IP Logged
In my Ram Charit Manas book, the ages of Ram Sita are very clearly and specifically mentioned around preface part as publisher's note kind of thing but there is no reference of any Kand or Choupai or Doha.

According to that note, Ram's age was 18 and Sita's age was 9 when they got married. Ram's age was 27 and Sita's age was 18 when they were exiled. Ram's age was 41 and Sita's age was 32 when they returned. And Ram ruled for many thousand years after coronation.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 31 August 2012 at 4:45am

xxDaydreameRxxVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 31 August 2012 at 6:16am | IP Logged

Content Removed

ShivangBuchVarnita.Vishakha_Sakhi

Go to top