basket_101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
I just watched today's episode a while ago, and really felt like making a post for something I noticed...

Amidst all the things happening in SBS that I do not like, I want to appreciate all the things that made me, and perhaps you as well, today's episode so special!

Firstly, Pitaaji and Nitika's conversation about her parents...  I loved the scene because to me, the part where Pitaaji was talking to Nitika was the first time I saw their relationship as a father-in-law and daughter-in-law...  I might not have noticed it before if it did happen, but I thought that was very beautifully portrayed!  How Pitaaji said he himself will invite them!  Really admired that whole part!

Secondly, Tej buying the ring for Smiley...  Now I'm sure you are aware of my craze over TejYa, so I'm not saying that was lovely or anything...  I just want to say I respect Tej's character because although he doesn't want to get married to her, he is still trying!  It must be tough for him to see someone else in Toasty's spot, but he is really trying!  I respect the fact that he is trying!

Thirdly, Pracheen and Dimple!  Needless to say, I love the Vanaspati and Chipkali pairing so seeing their scene today just made me super happy =D  I love the teenage love feeling that their couple has right now...  I absolutely loved it!!  Especially how Tej and Smiley talked to Pracheen and Dimple, respectively...

And Lastly...  The marvellous and fabulous job of the whole SBS cast!  Also crew too, but I'm just referring to what we see on-screen!

Would just like to put the spotlight on Ravi Dubey for this part though...  Maybe because I'm biased as I love him ☺️, but I think he deserves it!
His portrayal of Tej has been remarkably accurate!  In fact, he does such a convincing job that even in a scene where he has no dialogue, his expressive eyes still shout out the grief and sorrow that he is feeling after losing Toasty!
All the scenes where he talks to Toasty's collages... <3
What can I say...  This is a perfect situation where I can say, I'm truly speechless!
The way he tried to smile in today's episode but it was evident from his eyes how he was not and could not be truly happy without Toasty <3

I know SBS might not be going the way we want it to, but I think we should also focus on its positive points rather than just emphasize its negative points (=

These are somethings that made today's episode of SBS special for me...
Do comment with your feedback/ response
Would love to hear back from you 😳

Take care,
Hinal <3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Sunshine. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
First of all, wonderful post yar Hinal <3

That Pitaji-Nitika scene was so nice <3 And I loved what Pitaji said <3 I'm so glad it was Pitaji who took the initiative to patch up his daughter-in-law with her parents :D

Though I was taken aback for a second thinking that Tej had actually bought an engagement ring for Smiley, I then smiled thinking that is Tej. He goes to any extent to make his Toasty happy <3 And now tell me, why wouldn't Smiley fall for him? :)

Vanaspati-Chipkali <3 Love is in the air for these two <3 I loved the 'Didi Tera Devar Deewana' sequence <3 And he asked Dimple what stone engagement she would like! <3 These two are just too cute <3

Ravi Dubey is just fab yar <3 I'm loving how he is maintaining that whole sad look throught the show after Toasty's so called death news became. His expressions are too damn good :D He smiles but you can see the sorrow behind that smile. Brilliant job by Ravi! :D

I wanted to add this somwhere but I guess writing it out here is fine :) Though I really didn't like Smiley falling for Tej, I'm glad how they made her fall. Gradually, you know :)
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I concur!

Outside of the rush of wedding activities, there have been some very lovely moments.

For example, this week, that scene between Ved and Tej. We really got to enjoy the brothers' relationship. They understood each other, and shared a moment of grief. Something that Tej really needed.

Ravi Dubey's chemistry with his collage. Those moments are simply priceless. The way his voice modulates his love, grief, disappointment, it is an absolute beauty. These emotions don't just stay in the room with the collage, but throughout the entire episode, you see him trying to rally for Smiley and the family's sake. He even dances when they pull him toward the celebrations. The moment they lose sight of him though, takes the opportunity to return to his seat. His mask of pretense falls, and once again we see the sadness in his eyes, in the lack of a real smile, in the slight slump of his shoulders. Ravi just nails each and every moment, you see all the activities going on around him, and your eyes just fall on him, searching for every reaction that flits across his face, and when you see him, you are not disappointed.👏

Congratulations to both Dimple and Cheenu for a marriage in the making. Their dance was so sweet! I must say, I was just waiting for the end when I knew that they would be locked in a momentary embrace😳. Their expressions were so cute and innocent!

I love the way Smiley and Tej worked together on the pair. It showed me the friendship that these two would have enjoyed outside of this marriage track. So it was definitely a pleasure seeing their collaboration.

Nitika and her parents. I don't know what the dispute was, though I can imagine. I'm just really happy that Pita ji helped them achieve reconciliation. He was loving and reassuring, something that all the members of the C-parivaar need more of at the moment.
abc113 thumbnail
Hinal, I know my recent post focused on what you may say as 'negative points' of SBS and I agree that some of the things you mentioned are 'feel-good' moments of SBS. But as an ardent fan of SBS unfortunately I am unable to appreciate these moments as they have been thrown in between a very tasteless plot and most ridiculous ending I (as a fan) would have expected from the creative team.

It is a well established fact that every actor on SBS is awesome. That is why a simple family conversation around the dining table or those petty fights for the bathroom in the morning made us fall in love with the show. I am not just Ravi or Aishwarya or Rubina fan, didn't know any of these actors before I started watching the show. Gradually I have come to appreciate them as the characters they lived on screen. Even though story has taken a wild turn, actors are still the same and they are continuing to do a great job, however, there is a significant change in characters. What they loved, what they fought for, what they stood for and how they dealt with things in the past...all that so fervently defined the SBS we (I) fell in love with is lost somewhere.

Just to give you an example of how these feel-good moments are left unappreciated...

We all loved Dimple and Prachin and of course waited patiently for their love story to happen but however cute they both look together, I can't appreciate the fact that their love story is blossoming in the background  when Dimple's Jijaji is getting remarried just a few days after her only sister's mysterious death. I also cannot appreciate the fact that only way Tej and Smiley could connect with each other on their engagement day is by talking about Dimple and Prachin.

Also, I was the one who mentioned in my other post about the possibility of reuniting Nitika with her parents so when it really happened why did it not make me jump with excitement because right before that Pitaji had a meaningless conversation with Smiley's mom who apparently seems to be happy for her daughter. And Pitaji mentioned something about khushi ka mauka, as far as I know, Toasty was very dear to Nitika's parents so how can Tej's re-engagement  right after Toasty's death be a happy occasion for them??

Similarly, there are so many other things in every episode these days which bothers me and thus prevents me from enjoying some of the nice moments interspersed in between...

Yours is a very well written post and I am happy that at least some of you are still able to enjoy the show and find something in it to relate to...
Edited by abc113 - 11 years ago
.Sunshine. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Kittya_Cullen

For example, this week, that scene between Ved and Tej. We really got to enjoy the brothers' relationship. They understood each other, and shared a moment of grief. Something that Tej really needed.

Ravi Dubey's chemistry with his collage. Those moments are simply priceless. The way his voice modulates his love, grief, disappointment, it is an absolute beauty. These emotions don't just stay in the room with the collage, but throughout the entire episode, you see him trying to rally for Smiley and the family's sake. He even dances when they pull him toward the celebrations. The moment they lose sight of him though, takes the opportunity to return to his seat. His mask of pretense falls, and once again we see the sadness in his eyes, in the lack of a real smile, in the slight slump of his shoulders. Ravi just nails each and every moment, you see all the activities going on around him, and your eyes just fall on him, searching for every reaction that flits across his face, and when you see him, you are not disappointed.👏

I loved your entire write up but my favourite part was these two which are quoted <3

I really forgot to mention about the conversation between Tej and Ved. It was a sweet brotherly moment. A moment which Tej needed. That poor fellow has literally been going through a mental trauma and he needed someone to talk to :)

I love the way you described Ravi's acting. You just poured out what was in my heart <3
Every scene of his has been simply perfect <3
basket_101 thumbnail
@ Archu
Agree with everything you said yaar...
And I like how they made Smiley fall for Tej gradually too..  And what I also like is that it was shown that she felt guilty for feeling that way towards her friend's husband!  That to me was very realistic, and natural!

@ Kittya Cullen
You really have a way with your words!!!
I loved how you wrote everything out... And like Archu, you also poured out exactly what was in my heart!!
And I actually forgot about the Ved and Tej scene... That was definitely needed!!  It was very sweet, and really showed the brotherly-bond between them!
Even the scene of Tej and Pitaaji...  The hidden meaning of the talk they had about the broken vase...  It was very good!  I loved how Pitaaji asked Tej to think about his decision again instead of just telling him that he should get married!

@abc113
What you are saying is also right, but the thing is, in comparison to all the other shows I've watched with even more ridiculous tracks, I'm just trying to focus more on why SBS is and will always be so special for us...  It definitely has its flaws (especially with what has happened after Toasty's fake death) but what I wanted to bring out on this forum is the appreciation for all the things that are going good..  I myself don't understand this whole "celebrate death and get Tej married" track either, but I guess now that I know Toasty will be back, I'm getting more optimistic and ignoring the things I don't like =P
Though what you are saying is also completely justified...
I do hope that you can relate to the show once again before it ends because I wouldn't want your journey with the show to end on a sour and unhappy note!

Tejy_Kumari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
You guys basically summed everything up and i have no words :P except... I. Love. Ravi.Dubey *bows down to him* I don't have enough words anymore to express what a magnificent actor he is <3 His range of expressions and emotions and the way he brings it into each little muscle in his face and how every emotion reaches his eyes...God, I could go on for years!! There are so few actors that can accomplish what he can...I can't even appreciate Bollywood actors that much anymore because they all seem sub par in comparison <3 I'm completely in love with him and in awe of his talent <3 Am trying to watch his Karol Bagh episodes and saw a few already and his acting is just as amazing there too <3

(Totally agree with Hinal that I've also seen so many dramas that have had some of the worst, most unrealistic, disgusting tracks that this track seems much more normal to me even when it irritates me...therefore I guess I was able to enjoy it a lot more)

Edited by Tejy_Kumari - 11 years ago
basket_101 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tejy_Kumari

His range of expressions and emotions and the way he brings it into each little muscle in his face and how every emotion reaches his eyes...God, I could go on for years!! There are so few actors that can accomplish what he can

Loveee how you put that into words!!
I soo get what you mean!!
The way every single thing about him currently shouts how much he loves Toasty and misses her <3
No other actor on television has been able to do that!!  In fact even in Bollywood, very few actors can pull that off as you said!
He's an incredible talent and deserves to reach and discover new heights of success and cross them, above and beyond <3
Lots of good wishes for him!!
He has a bright future! =D <3
Tejy_Kumari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Loveee how you put that into words!!
I soo get what you mean!!
The way every single thing about him currently shouts how much he loves Toasty and misses her <3
No other actor on television has been able to do that!!  In fact even in Bollywood, very few actors can pull that off as you said!
He's an incredible talent and deserves to reach and discover new heights of success and cross them, above and beyond <3
Lots of good wishes for him!!
He has a bright future! =D <3

He really is and deserves a lot <3 He's outstanding <3
All the best wishes for him <3  He certainly does have a bright future <3