Debate Mansion

Windows 8 : Do you like it or not? (Page 8)

Poll Question: What do you feel about Windows 8?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [15.79%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [31.58%]
3 [15.79%]
6 [31.58%]
1 [5.26%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 10

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by UnsolvedMystery

The problem with the RT tablet is its app store is ghost town. Without apps why should I pay $500 for surface. Ipad has thousands of apps. If I want tablet for webbrowsing then I ll buy Android tablet  which is cheaper than suraface.. Atleast I has more apps than windown8 and it also comes cheap. The only advantage I see with RT is microsoft office.  Surface pro is can run legacy software but it comes too expensive.

Yeah, the app store has not much apps, but it has been just days from launch. And already it has crossed 9000 apps. IPad didn't have so many at launch. And no, not just webbrowsing. You can even use remote connection on 8. Multimedia features etc. are there. Office suite is there. But yeah, it's just a matter of personal preference.

And pro is not the same thing as iPad, it is not competing with it. You get RT for that, a tablet OS(though it has more functionality) to compete with iPad and such. Pro is a full PC, it is not competing with tablets.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Windows 8 : Do you like it or not? (Page 8)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

slumgod.

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 28 October 2012 at 6:40pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 02 November 2012 at 10:38pm | IP Logged

When Android Tab was first  launched same arguments of how many app does Ipad had when it first launched was extensively used but till now all android has is blown up phone apps. I do hope window can lure developers to code tab specific apps. YOu can still do remote window connection  on Ipad with Teamviewer or joinme.

I have not used both the platforms, therefore I cannot speak from personal experience. But I think both of those stores have matured now. And barring some top apps, most of them are useless. I think Windows 8 will get attention now, considering 4 million upgrades have been done is 4 days. And still, side by side multittasking is a unique feature. And connecting anything with USB and most of them will work.

Correct me if I was wrong, Suraface Pro can run both desktop and tablet version of window8.

What do you mean by desktop and tablet versions? Windows 8 has been made in two flavors. One is the standard one, compiled for x86 processors and then it has been ported to ARM, which is WoA(windows on ARM). The Surface RT that has been launched has the ARM version. It can run all the metro apps, as they have been compiled for WinRT and that framework has been ported to the ARM version. But all the apps on desktop side, the .exe ones which has been made for x86 processors won't run on this. But it still comes with a desktop side with built in apps like Paint etc. all compiled for ARM. And office too.

The Surface Pro will be the Windows we had all this time, the standard one. It will come with i5 processor, so it's basically a PC in tablet form factor. It will run every app there is.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
My old PC is about the die. The hard disk is roaring more aggressively each day. So I just bought a new Windows 8 PC. I'm not going for touch screen though. Maybe that will lose the charm of Windows 8, but I don't enjoy the touch interface much. That is better for phones and tablets. I did get myself a wide screen monitor though. Let us see how I like Windows 8.

I know a few people who bought Windows 8 phones, and they love it. It does look cool.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

My old PC is about the die. The hard disk is roaring more aggressively each day. So I just bought a new Windows 8 PC. I'm not going for touch screen though. Maybe that will lose the charm of Windows 8, but I don't enjoy the touch interface much. That is better for phones and tablets. I did get myself a wide screen monitor though. Let us see how I like Windows 8.

I know a few people who bought Windows 8 phones, and they love it. It does look cool.

You bought a new PC because your HDD died? LOL

On a serious note, I am also not a big fan of touch PCs. It's good for the tablet-ultrabook hybrid range that 8 brings, but not for full blown PCs.

WP8 is good too.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 08 December 2012 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

You bought a new PC because your HDD died? LOL\

Not dead yet. On its deathbed.

My PC is over 4 years old. New PCs are relatively inexpensive. It seemed more practical to get a new one.

-Ocean.eyes-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ocean.eyes-

Posted: 08 December 2012 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Still using windows7
much better than vista...

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 09 December 2012 at 3:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Not dead yet. On its deathbed.

My PC is over 4 years old. New PCs are relatively inexpensive. It seemed more practical to get a new one.

Yeah, of course. So, how are you liking Windows 8?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top