Debate Mansion

Windows 8 : Do you like it or not? (Page 7)

Poll Question: What do you feel about Windows 8?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [15.79%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [31.58%]
3 [15.79%]
6 [31.58%]
1 [5.26%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 10

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by be-happy-always

I don't think everyone shares interest in Computers...
may be that's why...

Looks like it. That's why I put the sad emoticon. Unhappy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

be-happy-always

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Windows 8 : Do you like it or not? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 15 October 2012 at 6:57am | IP Logged
OK, bumping because the new lineups of the various OEMS look fantastic. Especially the docking/undocking thing, swivel screen and the two screen thingy. I am just in love with them.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 5:46am | IP Logged
It has been officially launched now.  Surface looks good. But the Pro version should be better.

And Microsoft is offering Windows Media center for free till January 2013.Otherwise, it will cost $10 now. If you want to avail this offer, say so and I will post the links. 

slumgod.

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 9:06am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by UnsolvedMystery

Price is high. For that price I would buy an  Ipad. I can't justify spending $500 on a tablet. Had it been surface pro for $500, I would have been all over it.

What is iPad if not tablet? Confused And it sells for that price too, right? They are thing of the same league. You cannot compare Pro to iPad. Pro will be running full fledged Windows on x86, which means it is a PC with touch. It can run everything app out there. iPad is just no competition for it. So wanting that for same price is naive.

Surface RT and iPad are fair comparison, both have tablet OS. Still, 8 betas it in some places. But that's a choice people have to make. But they are the one in the same segment, not Pro and iPad.

Multitasking wise and app switching are great improvement over iOS. Snapping one app to side while working on another simultaneously is a great feature. Also, USB 2.0 port while iPad is replacing with just a thunderbolt connector which won't be compatible with anything. Surface also comes with micro SD. You can just connect mouse and keyboard and they work.

m.lewin92

m.lewin92

Posted: 28 October 2012 at 1:03am | IP Logged
windows is more expensive than linux

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 28 October 2012 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by m.lewin92

windows is more expensive than linux

Linux is open source, so anything with a price is gonna be more expensive. Tongue

slumgod.

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 28 October 2012 at 8:28am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top