Debate Mansion

Windows 8 : Do you like it or not? (Page 5)

Poll Question: What do you feel about Windows 8?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [15.79%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [31.58%]
3 [15.79%]
6 [31.58%]
1 [5.26%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 10

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 4:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Hey Freethinka ... Tongue

Looks like we both have the same NOT SO GOOD source to acquire all the contemporary software even before they are released LOL   What lust people we are ..Sometimes a bit tetchy too ..

Well let me tell ya about the bummer of and experience I had connecting the Windows 8 workstation to a WIN 2K domain controller ...The Legacy Ethernet adapter  and the one that was built in kept clashing ..and the DHCP was configured wrongly ..Looks like their own passe system ain't yet ready for their latest BEAUTY ..just yet LOL

The worst came when I tried to mount a Volume inside and already existing partition ..A virtual one ..It erased all my virtual ones and especially the one that contained the GREAT Videos  from  " NOT SO GREAT "  source LOL What a pain in ..well whatever LOL

The Audit policy sucks big time ...The logs are too lengthy even after filtering out the information ..Much like the server logs ..The Multii routing when used as the gateway made me go bonkers ...I bet they would come up with Service packs ..1 , 2 , 3  Up to Infinity LOL

Rest of the features though (When used as a standalone system ) seem to work pretty smoothly ...Though the hardware requirement is kind of demanding ..I am thinking of allocating some ram as the cache at the start up too...Yet to try the SMTP and Telnet features ...Huh! I'm gonna be the busiest person in the world soon ...Trying to show the WORLD just how bodgy this new Beauty with all her flamboyant look is ...

BTW ..Where were you for this long ? Huh! You coulda at least called me up and told me you won't be online for those awfully long 20 hours you were missing for you Evil Thinker LOL

Gotta go now ... BB later ..

...To be continued ... LOL

LOL Can't wait for the GA now, can we? Wink

Well, I don't have much of experience with networking, especially in corporate environment. LOL

What, you gave it the same letter? What do you mean by mounting inside an existing partition.

Memory footprint actually seems to be lower than 7. And the superfetch speeds up system by loading frequently used program and instantly clears cache if RAM is needed by some program. 

Well, I was busy with things but came here to read. Just could not reply much and have been MIA in my God thread. Gotta visit that ASAP.

BTW, are you a girl or a guy? I don't know why but I seem to get girly vibes from you. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintage.Wine

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Windows 8 : Do you like it or not? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

PigBenis

IF-Dazzler

PigBenis

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Originally posted by PigBenis

I don't think I like the Window 8 much. I'll stick with Windows 7 now and maybe after few months upgrade to Win 8 if I find it interesting later on!

Have you tried it? Because people are either loving metro or hating it. LOL But don't just go with the reviews, try it before you decide. I used 7 since the beta, but skipped the beta and RC of 8 and directly tried RTM. I was confused due to the reviews but liked it on using and now using it full time as my main OS.

Nah just going by the reviewsLOL Heard there's not much of an upgrade from the Win 7 but I'll check it out...Checked out some videos on tablets and I kinda liked it so I might just end up getting on there instead of my PCBig smile

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 2:20pm | IP Logged

LOL Can't wait for the GA now, can we? Wink

Well, I don't have much of experience with networking, especially in corporate environment. LOL

What, you gave it the same letter? What do you mean by mounting inside an existing partition.

Memory footprint actually seems to be lower than 7. And the superfetch speeds up system by loading frequently used program and instantly clears cache if RAM is needed by some program. 

Well, I was busy with things but came here to read. Just could not reply much and have been MIA in my God thread. Gotta visit that ASAP.

BTW, are you a girl or a guy? I don't know why but I seem to get girly vibes from you. LOL

Freethinka Tongue

Hahaha ..Yay!!  ..Same people we are ..I bet like me you to can't wait for even Windows 11 ..We wan't that out before Windows 9 and 10  LOL Are they afraid of us geeks ? Hahaha They are so evasive when it comes to releasing newer versions quickly LOL

Haha ..No ..I was creating a Virtual Drive letter inside an active partition with the MMC Menu after adding a Snap In there ..And I'm sure that letter didn't exist before ..But they Cheekily deleted everything as I tried mounting that Drive and all my Sagillent videos were lost Ouch

Yeah ..You are right ..It works wonderfully well in stand alone environment ..But suck big time when it comes to mapping that as a server that connects to Active Directory of the Domain Controller .I mean WTH .. looks like  need to go back to DOS again LOL

Girl ? Me ? LOL..No  LOL... Stop confusing me now ..Oh! Please LOLSheesh! You made me check that again  ...I'm a Guy ..Yay!  ..I'm sure of that .. LOL

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PigBenis

Nah just going by the reviewsLOL Heard there's not much of an upgrade from the Win 7 but I'll check it out...Checked out some videos on tablets and I kinda liked it so I might just end up getting on there instead of my PCBig smile

Yeah, it will be quite awesome on a tablet. But do try it out before making up your mind.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 8:55pm | IP Logged

Freethinka Tongue

Hahaha ..Yay!!  ..Same people we are ..I bet like me you to can't wait for even Windows 11 ..We wan't that out before Windows 9 and 10  LOL Are they afraid of us geeks ? Hahaha They are so evasive when it comes to releasing newer versions quickly LOL

Haha ..No ..I was creating a Virtual Drive letter inside an active partition with the MMC Menu after adding a Snap In there ..And I'm sure that letter didn't exist before ..But they Cheekily deleted everything as I tried mounting that Drive and all my Sagillent videos were lost Ouch

Yeah ..You are right ..It works wonderfully well in stand alone environment ..But suck big time when it comes to mapping that as a server that connects to Active Directory of the Domain Controller .I mean WTH .. looks like  need to go back to DOS again LOL

Girl ? Me ? LOL..No  LOL... Stop confusing me now ..Oh! Please LOLSheesh! You made me check that again  ...I'm a Guy ..Yay!  ..I'm sure of that .. LOL 

Well let's give them some time so that they can ease into Metro Ui. I am not a big fan of current implementation, as the switch between Metro and Desktop seems jerky.

Ouch Sad indeed. But what about the backups! WHERE ARE THE BACKUPS?! LOL

OMFG, it's a big perspective change. Shocked I was reading all your posts as if coming from a girl. This thread made me doubt that assumption, because girls aren't generally interested in geeky stuff. Now I gotta rollback and change my thoughts about your posts. LOL

Vintage.Wine

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 6:01am | IP Logged

Well let's give them some time so that they can ease into Metro Ui. I am not a big fan of current implementation, as the switch between Metro and Desktop seems jerky.

Ouch Sad indeed. But what about the backups! WHERE ARE THE BACKUPS?! LOL

OMFG, it's a big perspective change. Shocked I was reading all your posts as if coming from a girl. This thread made me doubt that assumption, because girls aren't generally interested in geeky stuff. Now I gotta rollback and change my thoughts about your posts. LOL

WTH Tongue i can't believe I told ya I'm a guy ..Sheesh! you made me blurt that out so easily ..Hahha ..Its indeed true ...I can't lie with Smart people ..That's why I never lie with myself either LOL

Backups ? Ouch .They were lost too ..It was so stupid of me to rely upon my stupid maid for that ...I stupidly asked  her to secure them somewhere outta reach my step parents Tongue and she was stupid nuff to break  those DVDs into small pieces and hid em at the bottom of a pickle jar ...Ouch ..I was disgusted to an extent of getting pickled over the next week  ..A week that never ended ..Ouch

@ The Topic:  
I still like Windows 8 (NOT) Tongue

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 8:21pm | IP Logged

WTH Tongue i can't believe I told ya I'm a guy ..Sheesh! you made me blurt that out so easily ..Hahha ..Its indeed true ...I can't lie with Smart people ..That's why I never lie with myself either LOL

Backups ? Ouch .They were lost too ..It was so stupid of me to rely upon my stupid maid for that ...I stupidly asked  her to secure them somewhere outta reach my step parents Tongue and she was stupid nuff to break  those DVDs into small pieces and hid em at the bottom of a pickle jar ...Ouch ..I was disgusted to an extent of getting pickled over the next week  ..A week that never ended ..Ouch

@ The Topic:  
I still like Windows 8 (NOT) Tongue

LOL

You need to word your request better. LOL

Vintage.Wine

be-happy-always

Goldie

be-happy-always

Posted: 06 October 2012 at 12:17am | IP Logged

Originally posted by be-happy-always

I agree with u for Linux ...it is not very convenient  for daily-users...but I have to use it for programming languages...I'm actually a student doing major in Computing Science...all about programming n for that purpose, Linux is the best one!

Yes, for non tech-savvy users Linux can be a nightmare. I was able to use it easily but the reason I dropped it was lack of games and quality software. Apps on lnux are not as good as their Windows counterparts.

It depends what are you programming in. Linux is preferred in the servers but for many languages IDE on Windows will be better than Linux IMO.

That's right...different languages are comfortable to use on different systems...
like I liked python on windows but C, C++, n even more programming related to embedded systems is good on Linux!

nice topic!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top