Debate Mansion

Windows 8 : Do you like it or not?

Poll Question: What do you feel about Windows 8?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [15.79%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [31.58%]
3 [15.79%]
6 [31.58%]
1 [5.26%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 2 Page 10

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 29 August 2012 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
So, Windows 8 has RTMed and there have been quite mixedr eviews about it. Some people like the Metro UI while some people loathe it. I have been running it for nearly two weeks and I quite like it.  Yes, I had to adjust to the new methods of using but the learning curve was quite smooth. So, I personally will be using it.

So, what is your opinion about Windows 8? Start the war, errm I mean discussion. LOL

Edited by Freethinker112 - 29 August 2012 at 9:40pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Windows 8 : Do you like it or not?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 29 August 2012 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
Currently am using Win-7, but may be after two three months am plan to change into win-8...Interested to use the features like 'Virtualization' esply hyper V options.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 29 August 2012 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
I don't really use virtualization, so that is of no great use to me. But there are other improvements also. I am especially in love with the boot times, it boots to login screen in 5 seconds and that also without SSD.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 9:53am | IP Logged

In the age of computers, I'm still a dinosaur. I'm still stuck on Vista. (XP on my netbook) I don't like the notion of constant and expensive upgrades. My favorite version of windows will always be Windows 3.11.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.DontKnow.Angel-likeDevil

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

In the age of computers, I'm still a dinosaur. I'm still stuck on Vista. (XP on my netbook) I don't like the notion of constant and expensive upgrades. My favorite version of windows will always be Windows 3.11.

Well, Windows 7 was a great upgrade for Vista. Not the same can be said about Windows 8, but you should definitely be running 7. 
And you seriously don't mean that, do you? LOL Yes, I was not even born when Windows 3.1 came but but I would definitely say that it is no match against the modern OS. 

Edited by Freethinker112 - 21 September 2012 at 10:53am

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 10:01am | IP Logged
BTW, people there is a poll also so vote too.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Well, Windows 7 was a great upgrade for Vista. Not the same can be said about Windows 8, but you should definitely be running 7. 
And you seriously don't mean that, do you? LOL Yes, I was even born when Windows 3.1 came but but I would definitely say that it is no match against the modern OS. 

Oh I existed in a time when owning a computer was a novelty. I remembered waiting fifteen minutes for 3.11 to start, just to play a game of solitaire. In terms of utility and functionality 3.11 was crap. But we take the modern Windows OS for granted. It is just there. I prefer 3.11 because it has the anticipation, the nostalgia and a certain thrill of what the future might be.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 10:38am | IP Logged

Oh I existed in a time when owning a computer was a novelty. I remembered waiting fifteen minutes for 3.11 to start, just to play a game of solitaire. In terms of utility and functionality 3.11 was crap. But we take the modern Windows OS for granted. It is just there. I prefer 3.11 because it has the anticipation, the nostalgia and a certain thrill of what the future might be.

Well then you will find Windows 8 thrilling because it opens a door for a whole new UI concept, the Modern UI(codenamed Metro). And the anticipation will always be there because there will always be something new.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top