India-Forums

Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai
Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

Kripa - The Ping-Pong Ball of KYPH!

chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 1:31am | IP Logged

Kripa is haughty & toffee-nosed! What happened to the innocent, gullible, soft-spoken girl from Naintal. Mumbai ki hawa lag hi gayi, ladki ko!

I found Kripa nauseatingly irksome yesterday! A girl who did not have the gall to face Angad, had the guts to be so rude and arrogant towards the guy, whom she was actually supposed to apologize!

I understand that Ekta Maayi was trying to show the viewers that Kripa is still in love with Angad, and his coolness towards her is provoking her to react in such a manner….but the message that came across was that Kripa is not just an infuriating character but quite ill-mannered, if you may please!

Kripa should have ideally gone off, once Angad banged the door on his face (which I found very cute, though again pretty ill-mannered) but no, Madam chooses to not just open the door and barge into a guy's room, but scream on him and call him all sort of things! Hey, its not written anywhere that just because you choose to apologize to someone for the mistake you committed, the other person has to necessarily forgive you, that choice is with the other party, and he might or might not choose to show large-heartedness! And all that Kripa says to Angad was so disparaging, hypercritical & judgmental! It was said purely out of prejudice & preconceived notion that Kripa has for Angad! Kripa made the same mistake again, for which she had originally apologized!

Kripa's character is turning out to be very, very confused. The writers are trying to portray her as a simple, small-town girl who is highly self-respecting and courageous and is here to make it big. But the message coming across is of a girl who has completely lost sense of her self, and is just being pig-headed, overconfident & egotistical, without any rhyme or reason! If this was Kripa's attitude towards Anita, Naina or for that matter Kartik, it would have been understandable, but why is she behaving so badly with Angad, who seems to be such a gentleman in front of her!

The entire charm of Kripa lied in the fact that she was so different from Angad, but as we come to see now, she is as bad or possibly worse than Angad, at least he doesn't seem to make a show of his virtues and enacts what he believes! There is still a lot of chance left for Kripa's redemption, I am sure once she is let down in love, we will all feel sympathetic towards her, but now-a-days, Kripa is definitely not one of my favorite characters! She is far too conflicting & contradictory as a character, my opinion for her keeps changing everyday! For a character to have uniform appeal, its very important that the viewers feel just one emotion towards her / him, and not oscillate between extreme likes and dislikes, such characters generally lose steam midway!

Finale – A word for the Bose Siblings – The only character's who are consistently sensible and intelligent!

A final word, I think its time again for Kripa to get a tight slap on her posterior…..that should set the lady on the right path again!

Edited by chillyflakes - 05 May 2005 at 1:35am

Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 1:44am | IP Logged
Chilly u r superb.U r brilliant.I don't know what I want to say.
rano Senior Member
rano
rano

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 1:47am | IP Logged

Hey Chill pill, love your insights. Ekta mata is putting in too many angles...already Mishti is in love with Angad, Prithvi is drooling over Kripa who can't decide whether to drool over or to slap Angad, Angad who definitely does not want Kripa to drool over Prithvi but enjoys flirting with Mishti, Harshini, whose expressions are growing more and more psycho everyday... uske upar se Angad aur Kripa ko milane ke liye Dadi ka jiya bekarar hai, Karthik ka dil Mishti par kurban hai, aur Angad aur Kripa ke bich Abhiman mein Amitabh /Jaya jaisa abhimaan scenario ka bhi hint hai...yeh kahani mein thode zyada hi twist hain!!!LOL 

KYPH ka fuure prediction koi kar sakta hai kya? Mujhe padne ka besaabri se intezaar hai... what say you ChillyTongue?

SONYA_K Goldie
SONYA_K
SONYA_K

IF’s Strict Mod

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 1:49am | IP Logged
Very well said dinks and Chilly..I don't know what to say either..Ouch
AALIYAH786 Goldie
AALIYAH786
AALIYAH786

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 1:53am | IP Logged
Hey Rano "Harhsini's whos expressions growing more and more psycho everyday"LOL................you are very funny................Harshini didn't have this funny expression while cluthing onto Prithvi's letter...............wonder how it landed in her hands
sugar plum Goldie
sugar plum
sugar plum

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 1:58am | IP Logged

excellent analysis chilly... but you know what... SHE'S THOROUGHLY CONFUSED... i know it's not very clear as to why i'm putting this entire anomaly in her behaviour down to mere CONFUSION... but trust me... such things HAPPEN when you're not sure of your feelings for someone...

things can get frustratingly baffling and befuddling... and before you know it... you're doing things you would have never even IMAGINED you would do to that particular person... yes she is egoistical... yes she is very proud and haughty but not to the extent that she is displaying when faced with the prospect to speaking to angad...

some sort of problem seems to be heightening her negative reaction towards him... maybe she is just frustrated that she is not able to figure out her emotions for him and she probably hopes that he will understand her inner turmoil after listening to her rants... but this backfires time and again... leading to a further build up of frustration... which is what leads her to let off some steam by again shouting at him... so you see... it's a vicious cycle...

Edited by sugar bun - 05 May 2005 at 2:00am
KYPH_fan Goldie
KYPH_fan
KYPH_fan

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 2:26am | IP Logged

After Watching Ekta shows for past 5 years, I think they will make up some cock- and - bull story where Angad and Kripa will never be able to confess their love, and Kripa will end up getting married to Kartik, though she probably wouldn't know until the last minute and then for  Parivaar- ki- Izzat, she will end up being Angad's Bhabhi. Then after 6 minths of Roona Dhoona, They will introduce a new girl with Angad and after 8 months, they will find out that the girl is dying of cancer (Okay, I picked that from KKsum- Kshitij, Kumkum, Rimjhim of Piya ka ghar and ofcourse gauri in Kutumb -II) Ekta sure likes to put the word Cancer in all her shows!!! Then they will kill Kartik in a car accident and Angad and Kripa will agin end up together. ( Ending courtsey Koi dil mein hai)   

I have been getting creative after reading this forum's postsSmile

sugar plum Goldie
sugar plum
sugar plum

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 2:32am | IP Logged
yeah true... LOL... and then those 2 will get married only to realize that kartik has been resurrected a la kyunki but has lost his memory... in the meanwhile... anita will poison angad's mind against kripa... ending in divorce and then prithvi... shattered yet willing to help will come forward to clean up the ruins of kripa's life... in the process... angad becomes an alcoholic and slowly begins to transform into a modern devdas... mishti takes advantage of the situation and exploits it... convincing angad to marry her... anita dies of shock... while naina aunty lives happily ever after!

Go to top