Smiley-the victim (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

abc113

abc113

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 10:07am | IP Logged
I thought I'll come back and write more but after reading your responses I feel we are all more or less on the same page and share very similar feelings about the recent turn of events. I loved reading your comments and would like to quote Kittya_Cullen here "What really bothers me though, is that Smiley will be irrevocably damaged by all of this. I don't know if Toasty will recover or not from her illness, but taking things to this level only to have her step back in is cruel to Smiley." These are exactly the thoughts I had in my mind when I started this new topic yesterday.

Pujli: First of all, thanks for clarifying that Aradhana's post about SBS being safe is quite old because even I thought it was new and have posted on that. Secondly, although I agree with what all you wrote, I would like to comment on Sudha (Toasty's mom). We loved her as the tigress mom so definitely it hurts really bad to see her in this contrasting avatar. Gosh, I was so fond of her and now she is ruining it for me.

Yomama
: However much I loved Nitika's innocence and naivety (in contrast to Toasty) after she became C-bahu, her cheerfulness now annoys me and constantly remind me of all the pain Toasty went through to unite her and Ved.

Thanks again everyone for your responses!

Edited by abc113 - 30 August 2012 at 10:22am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pujli07Kittya_Cullen

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Smiley-the victim (Page 3)" in Saas Bina Sasuraal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Sunshine.

IF-Rockerz

.Sunshine.

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Please don't throw chappals or stones after reading this. This is what I feel and you are free to criticize. I'm only talking about the characters as such :)

After today's episode, I really wonder whether Toasty or the C parivaar is to be blamed for Smiley's situation.

Today Tej was frank with her. He told her that he is doing this marriage only for Toasty. He made it very clear to her that he wouldn't be able to give her Toasty's place in his life. Toasty is irreplacable in his life. At the same time, he praised her for being a nice and sweet girl but he would never be able to give her happiness or love. He told her that she can easily refuse to get married to him and he has nothing against her.

I was really hoping that Smiley would now refuse to get married but no, she still wants to marry him because she loves him?

She was let free but she is the one who didn't want to go.

But at the same time, I wonder whether it would be Smiley, herself who will be going to unite Tej and Toasty once she comes to know that the latter is still alive :) Probably anyone else in Smiley's place wouldn't take the effort of uniting TejYa but by judging Smiley's sweet character, she would and for that I would appalud her if she actually does that :)

Edited by Arch.Archu - 30 August 2012 at 12:12pm

abc113

abc113

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arch.Archu

Please don't throw chappals or stones after reading this. This is what I feel and you are free to criticize. I'm only talking about the characters as such :)

After today's episode, I really wonder whether Toasty or the C parivaar is to be blamed for Smiley's situation.

Today Tej was frank with her. He told her that he is doing this marriage only for Toasty. He made it very clear to her that he wouldn't be able to give her Toasty's place in his life. Toasty is irreplacable in his life. At the same time, he praised her for being a nice and sweet girl but he would never be able to give her happiness or love. He told her that she can easily refuse to get married to him and he has nothing against her.

I was really hoping that Smiley would now refuse to get married but no, she still wants to marry him because she loves him?

She was let free but she is the one who didn't want to go.

But at the same time, I wonder whether it would be Smiley, herself who will be going to unite Tej and Toasty once she comes to know that the latter is still alive :) Probably anyone else in Smiley's place wouldn't take the effort of uniting TejYa but by judging Smiley's sweet character, she would and for that I would appalud her if she actually does that :)

Honestly speaking after reading your criticism of Smiley, my first thought was "Yeah, why not! blame it on poor girl!!"

On further thinking, I can only add this to above...If Smiley stayed selfish and either left C-parivar after Toasty's death news or said NO to everyone including Tej to participate in all this, I wonder how Tej would have ever been able to fulfill his wife's last wishes. When he agreed for marriage, he should have known the exact meaning of it (has been a husband before) and empathize with Smiley at least at the human level rather than going ahead with engagement ceremonies keeping the sad puppy face. Why did he not say all these things to Smiley before putting that ring on her finger?

It makes me sad that though being girls themselves, so many forum members, continue to blame female characters when things go awry in the show. I remember defending Toasty plenty of times before and now it's Smiley who is being targeted :(

Edited by abc113 - 30 August 2012 at 2:46pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yomamma

.Sunshine.

IF-Rockerz

.Sunshine.

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
I'm not blaming her. I love Smiley and always will <3 She is so pleasant to watch on-screen <3

But she is being given a choice to refuse. She is been told the bitter truth. She is been told that Tej would never be able to give her happiness or love.
I thought she would actually say No for the marriage.

Alyaa_27

IF-Rockerz

Alyaa_27

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
i second u!!!

Kittya_Cullen

IF-Dazzler

Kittya_Cullen

Posted: 30 August 2012 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Personally speaking, if Smiley had already agreed to the marriage knowing that Tej doesn't love her and has no interest in her, then him speaking the words won't change anything. Even if, she has already lost her spark. The zest she once had for life is gone. What is she going to lose now? Has no one in that family noticed that the girl has stopped smiling?! She doesn't joke, doesn't tease. There's nothing left of the old Smiley. She's a shadow.Cry This wedding is only the final nail in the coffin if it happens.If it does, then she'll be stuck being a "Toasty" to the C-parivaar. Caring for them while everyone else lives their livesDead. Whether the wedding happens or not, Smiley is not coming back. I just see Simran.Ouch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rekha-radevashna26

instcris

IF-Dazzler

instcris

Posted: 01 September 2012 at 2:26am | IP Logged
I have an  aacut  feeling that  Smiley, though fell in love with Tej, will run in the way of happiness of both spouses after she will find that Toasty it'sstill alive. As said Ashna, she  will try to find it and it will instill a drop of hope in her heart, because even autosuggestion can recover from a serious illness a person.

akash08

IF-Dazzler

akash08

Posted: 01 September 2012 at 4:06am | IP Logged
Great to see people discussing so seriously on a plot that only happens in dream.. In is a complete fake and unrealistic plot that SBS is running now and any discussion on a plot that does not and can not happen in real life - can only be futile.

It is like discussing which Kanjivaram saree Ekta's heroine should wear before going to bed - it does not matter because none goes to sleep in a Kanivaram Saree.. Similarly it does not matter what Tej, Smiley, Nitika etc, are doing as this kind of behaviour is extremely fake . so where is logic in what happens in a fairy tale??

Btw - it really does not matter if Tej is telling he can not forget Toasty etc. etc.. Time is the best healer and one day they would fall in love.. out of sight is always out of mind with no exception - the stories of Romeo-Juliet happen only in story books!! You can not live with memory for another 50 years!!

Edited by akash08 - 01 September 2012 at 4:09am

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Saas Bina Sasuraal Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.