Kasauti Zindagi Ki

before part 2, here is a request

RJ1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi! Kzk fans,

thanks for the warm responses for my story part 1. As, many of you guys know, I'm not from India, but, from Nepal, but both countires are next to each other, so it's obvibious that, the people of Nepal, they can speak hindi as well. And the second thing is most of the tradition things in Nepal are similar to India, but, I don;t know what are the occasssions follow after each one and right now I'm in the U.S., so I would like to request, if someone in this post, can provide me all the date of the occassions from the top to the bottom like Ganapati pooja, holi, dasera, baisakhi, etc. I'm requesting these things as, to move on my stores, I need to show some of the occassions, and I don;t want to put the names of the occassions in the wrong place. so, can  any one provide me all the dates  of the festivals that are celebrated in India and in the serial order of the festivals.

R.j

Edited by RJ1234 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aashi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

hey thats quite a noble thought rj1234..n i wud like to help you...

ok first of all.. none of these festivals have fixed dates in india..they chnge every year..but they come in the same seasons each year so i can giv u a ruff idea...

makar sakranti / lorhi- festival of farmers during harvest period, celebrated usually on 14th january

republic day- 26 th january, its not exactly a festival , but we sure enjoy the holiday we get...😃..india became a republic on this day.

baisakhi.- festival of spring, usually cums in february

holi- cums in march , festival of colours

independence day - 15th august

ganesh chaturthi- cums in d first week of september to celebrate birth of lord ganesh, main festival of maharashtra, mumbai

karvachauth - this is celebrated by the indian wives for the long lives of their husbands, cums in october n it happens to be ektas favourite festival..😆..she shows it at practically any time of the year..!!

diwali- cums in the mnth of october or november to clebrate lord rams victory over ravan, the evil, diwali is celebrated exactly 20 days after dussehra

christmas- 25th december , to celebrate birth of jesus

i hope that helps u rj1234!!!..😊

Edited by aashi - 18 years ago
aashi thumbnail

ummmm....i was just thinking... since i have made such n effort of remembering n writing these festivals, why not forward a copy of this to ekta ji as well , along wid the letters written by the members here!!!...she seems to get reallly confused wid festivals of india...😆

this wud surely help her..!!!

Edited by aashi - 18 years ago
Ronit thumbnail
hey i thought this included the 2nd part also i am really waiting for it
RJ1234 thumbnail

thanks aashi for all your efforts.

R.j

aashi thumbnail
no probs rj...what r frens for....😊 !!!!!!!!..u can let me know if u hav ne other doubts regarding indian culture....😃
galactic4_1000 thumbnail

aashi...our inhouse...tourist guide to indian culture!!!

you go gal!!!!😃

RJ1234 thumbnail

Hi!

aashi, you and all the members for this forums are too cool and too nice. you know guys, before, coming to the U.S., I've been vistired to some parts of India like Bihar, Sai temple in Banglore, Mumbai, Goa, Sri Tirumala Tirupati and few other parts. If you guys know, Nepal is also a Hindu nation, and like India we respect all the religioins like Muslim, Sikh and others. One funniest thing is since from my childooh, I am so crazy about hindi movies and songs than my own country movies and songs.

R.j

livingforelvis thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: aashi

no probs rj...what r frens for....😊 !!!!!!!!..u can let me know if u hav ne other doubts regarding indian culture....😃

give me tips on indian culture ... i m dull at them ... my garndme always tells me ajj yeh din hai,aaj woh din hai , i wanna know yeh sab kya kachra hai
RJ1234 thumbnail

Hey!

where is asshi, she didn't response on my part 2 stories?

r.j