Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RK_Ki_Biwi- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: CharmingAngel7

ya ur right... well said Sonu... absolutely true!!! hats off to emπŸ‘πŸ‘
Hey Sonu suggest me na what shall i do a collective comment on reaching current chappy or shall i do a comment on the chappies i hve read so far???

It's your wish wishy.πŸ˜† Jo tumhare liye easy ho. I just tried to promote  her SS because she updated both SS but never PM to everyone.πŸ˜‰ It's not her  fault because updating two SS on IF N FB Page n than PM to everyone is really hectic job. But she updates regularly so I don't think  I need any PM.😊
Ye tumhare choice ki baat hai Wishy jo easy lage wo hi karna ok.πŸ€— No pressure to read n comment if you like her updates than like n comment on it.
-SilverAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Updated my comment on page 1
-RK_Ki_Biwi- thumbnail
Originally posted by: mahi0809

Updated my comment on page 1

Mahi I read your comment & I'm definitely agree with your all points. Pari needs some suggestions in this matter &  If she'll correct all the dialogues n sentences in a right way than I think her SS is one of the best SS & I gave her some suggestions about to develop her writing skills n write all the dialogues clearly so all members of DEK forum easily understand it. Thanks for your comment n you put all the reasons n I'm happy that you  gave all the correct reasons. 
N I 'm sure she'll try to write the dialogues of her updates clearly.
THANKS.😊
Edited by sonam2801 - 11 years ago
CharmingAngel7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sonam2801

It's your wish wishy.πŸ˜† Jo tumhare liye easy ho. I just tried to promote  her SS because she updated both SS but never PM to everyone.πŸ˜‰ It's not her  fault because updating two SS on IF N FB Page n than PM to everyone is really hectic job. But she updates regularly so I don't think  I need any PM.😊

Ye tumhare choice ki baat hai Wishy jo easy lage wo hi karna ok.πŸ€— No pressure to read n comment if you like her updates than like n comment on it.

Okii Sonu... na u did a good thing... & ur absolutely right total support okii Sonu jaaniπŸ€—πŸ€— nop u didnt pressurize at all ofcourse i like it thatz why hve been reading it... ok i'll do so
Varunlicious. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: mahi0809

I actually have to say a few relevant things on this topic and I want the writers to read it with an open mind and trying to understand this from another person's point of view. This could hurt a bit but the real writers won't take it as anything apart from a criticism which a reader of all genre (me) feels ..

And this rant of mine will not be about 'writing' of a writer but something else which instead of attracting actually TURNS THE READERS AWAY!!πŸ˜” and many writers don't understand this phenomenon.

Edited: There are a couple of things that I would like to talk about and I hope my friends on the forum will try to see things from my perspective and in a good light.

1. First and foremost... try to see WHO your readers are? By this I mean that the people on this forum range from many different countries, speaking different languages. This point is relevant for the writers who write dialogues in hindi/ urdu. I am not saying to NOT write in hindi/ urdu but to write clearly what you are trying to say. Not all of us are well versed in hindi as we've been born and raised in various countries. We write hindi in english style here on the forum so there is not one correct spelling. We spell the word in a way we think is right. Do not shorten out hindi dialogues thinking the reader can understand your dialogue/ what you are trying to say...

Sometimes I've tried reading dialogues written in such vaguely worded hindi that it literally took my 2 to 3 minutes to understand what this person is trying to say and I am fluent in hindi. Sometimes I just leave that FF right then and there... as it pisses me off when people try to shorten everything down and write in crude words thinking that the reader can make sense of their gibberish... it's not easy on the part of the reader. Reading should be entertaining not frustrating.
For example consider this made up sentence in hinglish:

<div align="center"><font size="3">Mein ne asa kch nai kia.. woh bi asa kuch nai krti ti, sb bzy rete the.</font>

Can you make out head or tail of this sentence in one reading attempt??
and believe me people do write like that, go read FFs in any forum and you'll see such weird lingo.🀒😑🀒 Forget spelling mistakes, people shorten down small words like 'busy' too and make a khichdi out of sentences and it is damn irritating from the part of the reader... I change the page in an instant seeing this strange-ness.

<font size="3">Real sentence: Mein nay aisa kuch nahi kia.. woh bhi aisa kuch nahi karti thi, sab busy rehtay thay.
</font>
See the difference in terms of clarity of content and easy understandability.
😊

</div>
2. Write your sentences with proper spacing and indentations. A lot of writers I've seen over the years just throw everything down in one setting without separating different dialogues... different scenes etc. Plzz leave out lines after every few thoughts. Leaving out lines or using different fonts or styling method (like Bold, Italics) or even coloring etc will only make it easier for the reader to read and process your thoughts. Leave a line after EVERY DIALOGUE or every few dialogues. It might be easier for your eyes to read but not for the readers eyes. Do not worry about the length of your work. Many readers actually like reading LONG updatesπŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š.. and even if they don't... they can still read it in 2 settings, but they'll still read your work... plzz try to see it from a reader's POV if your presentation of your content is upto the mark or not. Remember, your work should be easier on the EYES of the reader.

3. Understand that people are reading your work on the INTERNET and not out of a book. It is easier to read things out of a book. With a book there is less stress on the eyes and people can toss and turn and change their positions as much as they want to while reading from a book. While reading from the internet... your eyes are straining more, so PLZ make your work look presentable and nice to look at. Plus people might not be able to toss and turn as much as they would like too... so plzz make sure your work is legible, with clear wordings and appropriate spacingπŸ˜ƒ. Many writers do not think about these issues when they update and hence do not get the kind of response that they are expecting. Plus, also use the concept of headings and sub-headings to entice the viewers to read your material... give them something catchy to look forward too. Precaps and promos can also play a major role in the aspect of catching a viewer's eye😎.

4. This point is not so important but some FFs don't have any index page which makes it a hassle for first time readers who are trying something new out and have to go through every single page.

Now tell me are any of these points invalid??... I feel none of them are... and a lot of writers don't even think twice about them.

i completely agree with you . whenever i started up with a ff or ss or anything the things which attracts me is the language & portraying of emotions which i've found in Shana & Cham & Add's SS's & OSs..the way they write their dialogues & the storyline & all are so good <3 but some FF's are like no spaces btw the dialogues, no emotions & all pisses me off & i leave reading them & as ppl say we should concentrate on quality & if quality wont be good we'll surely not get any attention .

-Mona
rythm... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
:-):-):-) love u alot @sonam..
.Muuuhhhaaa...love u alot.
???????
U r such swtheart...
Thanx alot u appriciate me...
Thanku jitna bolu utna kam h..
Ya u r ryt dear,i m watng cmnts,bt wo after love feeling cmnts lyks km ho gye,
To mujhe lga tha new cncept maximum readers ko pasnd ni aaya...
Bt i said its okay,
Complete to main krugi jrur.
Soulmate me jo part 11 tha,uspe mujhe bhoot cheap cmnts mile the nt in IF. FB pe mile the..
Phr main dar gai thi IF pe to sb mujhe bolege bura,lekin maine update dediya.
Qki agar wo ni deti to stry ni bnti.

Main isliye kisi ko ni bolti thi ki shayed stry pasnd na ho,to main zbrdasti to pdha ni skti.
Bt
Thanku 2 u my darlng sonam...
U r awosum..
Hats of u nd u r writng..
Love u.

@mahi
Dear,well said,u r aboustly ryt.
i understnd..
Bt meri sbse bdi problem ye h i m using cel,or cel se aadhe kam to hote hi ni h lyk index page bnana.
Nd i try yar,main ise much better likhne ki koshish krugi..

Thank u..

Nd all my buddies
Thanku so much all of u...
Love u all...

Pari
LadySosostris thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
U rock Pari.Standing ovation man n sorry as i m less active in IF.So teri updates pain reagular comment nahi kar pain:(so so so sorry.N love u.
-RK_Ki_Biwi- thumbnail
Originally posted by: maneet..

:-):-):-) love u alot @sonam..
.Muuuhhhaaa...love u alot.
???????
U r such swtheart...
Thanx alot u appriciate me...
Thanku jitna bolu utna kam h..
Ya u r ryt dear,i m watng cmnts,bt wo after love feeling cmnts lyks km ho gye,
To mujhe lga tha new cncept maximum readers ko pasnd ni aaya...
Bt i said its okay,
Complete to main krugi jrur.
Soulmate me jo part 11 tha,uspe mujhe bhoot cheap cmnts mile the nt in IF. FB pe mile the..
Phr main dar gai thi IF pe to sb mujhe bolege bura,lekin maine update dediya.
Qki agar wo ni deti to stry ni bnti.

Main isliye kisi ko ni bolti thi ki shayed stry pasnd na ho,to main zbrdasti to pdha ni skti.
Bt
Thanku 2 u my darlng sonam...
U r awosum..
Hats of u nd u r writng..
Love u.

@mahi
Dear,well said,u r aboustly ryt.
i understnd..
Bt meri sbse bdi problem ye h i m using cel,or cel se aadhe kam to hote hi ni h lyk index page bnana.
Nd i try yar,main ise much better likhne ki koshish krugi..

Thank u..

Nd all my buddies
Thanku so much all of u...
Love u all...

Pari

Pari, tumhare SS ki story acchi hai bas unmein sentence aur dialogues ko theek se likhne ki try  karo. I know you can do it.
& Please Mahi ke diye hue points pe concentrate karo, that's it.πŸ€— But still I love your SS story.πŸ€—