Debate Mansion

Superman power..For common man or not??!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 24 June 2006 at 3:44pm | IP Logged

Here is an article I found posted on IF's bollywood section: [Courtesy: SujalkiDeewani]

Man jumps from balcony as in Krrish of Hrithik

A resident of Madhya Pradesh's Khandwa district was so overcome after watching the flying stunts performed by Hrithik Roshan in his latest "Krrish" that he too jumped from the balcony of a cinema theatre, fracturing his hands and legs in the process.

The incident occurred during the night show at Khandwa's Abhishek Theatre Friday when Vishnu Jagannath, 21, inspired by a flying scene enacted by Hrithik, climbed up to the 30-foot-high theatre balcony and tried to do the same by jumping from there.

Jagannath, who runs a tea stall near the theatre, was immediately taken to the district hospital in an unconscious state around 10.30 p.m. "His condition is now stable," D.C. Sagar, Khandwa superintendent of police, told IANS by phone.

"A case of suicide has, however, been registered against him," he added.

Source:Nowrunning

------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------

Superheroes are everyone's Hero, no doubt on that!... even i would like to have the superwoman/spiderwoman/batwoman powers and fly around the world and do all the things they do (In my dreams!! Of course)... but fantasy and reality are 2 different things...  We do have come across such news b4.. Now this man was a grown up person but still he was so obsessed by the movie that he took a childish step .. What do u think abt :

Wht if children take on such acts themselves and GOD Forbid might get injured and even lost their life!!...(There have been a lot of cases)
    Can u refrain ur kids from watching a superhero oriented movie ??? ... come on .. they have got the peer pressure ... everyone is watching the film!!!
    So then, How can u nullify the negativities of such a film?
    Do u know that most violence is shown on cartoons and kids movies!! Wht should be done for this? Should there be any law abt it?
  • Finally wht is ur say abt the psychological effects on children when they imbibe the superhero/villain actions?? Wht is the ultimate solution and remedy?

Ur comments.

Edited by MNMS - 24 June 2006 at 3:50pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Superman power..For common man or not??!!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Lady In Pink

IF-Veteran Member

Lady In Pink

Posted: 24 June 2006 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MNMS

Here is an article I found posted on IF's bollywood section: [Courtesy: SujalkiDeewani]

Man jumps from balcony as in Krrish of Hrithik

A resident of Madhya Pradesh's Khandwa district was so overcome after watching the flying stunts performed by Hrithik Roshan in his latest "Krrish" that he too jumped from the balcony of a cinema theatre, fracturing his hands and legs in the process.

The incident occurred during the night show at Khandwa's Abhishek Theatre Friday when Vishnu Jagannath, 21, inspired by a flying scene enacted by Hrithik, climbed up to the 30-foot-high theatre balcony and tried to do the same by jumping from there.

Jagannath, who runs a tea stall near the theatre, was immediately taken to the district hospital in an unconscious state around 10.30 p.m. "His condition is now stable," D.C. Sagar, Khandwa superintendent of police, told IANS by phone.

"A case of suicide has, however, been registered against him," he added.

Source:Nowrunning

------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------

Superheroes are everyone's Hero, no doubt on that!... even i would like to have the superwoman/spiderwoman/batwoman powers and fly around the world and do all the things they do (In my dreams!! Of course)... but fantasy and reality are 2 different things...  We do have come across such news b4.. Now this man was a grown up person but still he was so obsessed by the movie that he took a childish step .. What do u think abt

I think the man was quite foolish to do such a thing. I mean a kid, chalo even a impulsive teenager u can imagine doing such a thing, but a 21 year old man!?!?!?!Ouch

Children often try to imitate what they see on screen. Not only these superman type movies, but also wrestling. This can be quite dangerous. I think parents know the nature of their child and according to that they should decide what he/she should watch. If their child is the wild sort, then it is best to limit such shows/movies.

Also, kids need to be told that such stunts are performed by using special camera effects and trained people, and they should not be attempted at home.

It might seem difficult at first, but im sure the child will understand.Smile

As for the cases such as that man mentioned above, nothing can be done. Ouch

-Eisha

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 25 June 2006 at 3:44am | IP Logged
Hmm, this reminds me of an incident when I was a kid. I was obssessed with horses - especially flying ones LOL I kept asking my parents to get me a real Pegasus Pony and drove them crazy.

Then finally, my dad got me a small rocking horse - WITHOUT wings. LOL I think by that time my craze was a little diminished (plus, the little toy horse was cute) Tongue

Anyway, the point is that kids can't sometimes differentiate b/w what is real and not, but it is the job of parents to explain things to them.

As per the law, most movies state at the beginning that the story is a work of fiction. But, a lot of kids dont know that. In such cases, parents or guardians play a very important role.

The guy who jumped learnt his lesson the hard way. Ouch

Mashal

Goldie

Mashal

Posted: 25 June 2006 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Big smile

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 25 June 2006 at 6:34am | IP Logged

I think....

1) mere khyaal se woh without ticket thaa, TC (ticket checker) use pakadne waala thaa...isliye usne jump kar diya.LOL

2) yaa phir kya pata kisine usse dhakka diya ho.LOL

Seriously, he deserved to be thrown off that balcony once again for such a foolish act despite being a 21 year old person.

syrene

Goldie

syrene

Posted: 25 June 2006 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SolidSnake

I think....

1) mere khyaal se woh without ticket thaa, TC (ticket checker) use pakadne waala thaa...isliye usne jump kar diya.LOL

2) yaa phir kya pata kisine usse dhakka diya ho.LOL

Seriously, he deserved to be thrown off that balcony once again for such a foolish act despite being a 21 year old person.

Actually I agree with Deepak ...21 is too old to be acting so insensibly!

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 26 June 2006 at 1:32am | IP Logged

Originally posted by winnie_pooh

Actually I agree with Deepak ...21 is too old to be acting so insensibly!

I read somewhere that he is actually 24.Confused

How do you know my name? Seems like I am popular around these places. LOL

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 26 June 2006 at 2:34am | IP Logged
Whether he was 21 or 24.. his act is absolutely damn foolish Angry... i wonder when a grown-up person PERFORMS such childish foolish absent-minded actions, wht abt children thenConfused..they are innocent and don't know the realities... sooooooo scary !!!Ouch

Edited by MNMS - 26 June 2006 at 2:53am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top