Arjun

Arjun-Riya OneShot :) NOTE pg 3

Liza. thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
- Hey All :) Liza here. Just thought of writing a short OS on ArIya . It may seem a bit AU, but I hope you like it anyways. Without further ado,,, here it is !

"Shree, can you come over here for a second?" Riya said, smiling sweetly. Shree looked over at her from where he was going through some files with Arjun. "Coming Ree." he said smiling back at her.

Arjun glared at the two of them as Riya giggled and whispered something to Shree. 'Shree...Ree...' He mimicked in his head. 'You'd think they were attached at the hip.' he thought irritably, going back to the file he was reading.

Sameer Rathod watched in amusement as Arjun angrily turned the pages of the file in his hand, and glance at Riya every 2 seconds. He had been noticing the gradual changes in Arjun over the past couple of days. Now he was starting to think a lot of it was due to Riya. The question was, how could he use this to his advantage? 'Maybe give them some quality time together?'

--

Arjun tapped his fingers on the steering wheel, annoyed. Actually, annoyed was a bit of an understatement. Rathod assigned Chotu and Shree some other work, leaving him to partner up with Riya. They were supposed to investigate the Trilogy night club for drug smuggling activity. Although it seemed highly unlikely they would get to that, as he had been waiting for Riya to finish getting ready for close to 3 hours.

He impatiently honked the car horn again.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!" Riya cried, running out of the house with one shoe in hand.

"Finally." he said. "Is Princess Riya all set to go?" he asked sarcastically, but froze when he got a good look at her. "What the hell are you wearing?"

She glanced down at the black mini dress she had on, confused. "A dress."

"You sure you didn't forget to wear the rest of it?" he asked her.

"You were the one who said we had to blend in, sir." Riya retorted. "That would be a little hard to do wearing a gun holster, wouldn't it?" She asked arching on eyebrow.

Arjun clenched his jaw, and turned to stare straight ahead, instead of answering her. Riya inwardly grinned knowing she had won this round, and proceeded to anger Arjun. In the last couple months of working with him, she found that nothing annoyed him more than losing an argument. Especially with her.

'Riya 1. Arjun 0.'

--

The pulsating music and lights gave her an instant headache. Not knowing what the plan was, she followed Arjun over to the bar.

"So?" she looked at him expectantly. "What now?"

Arjun scanned the area around them. "You stay here." he told her. "I'll be right back."

Riya looked at him in disbelief. "Stay here? No way! You always do this to me! You never let me do anything. Every single time, you either make me wait in the car or-"

"Riya!" Arjun hissed, cutting off her rambling. "I'm going over there." He said pointing to where a group of men were seated. "I will be right back." he said walking off, ignoring the rest of her protests.

--

Riya sighed, and glanced at her watch. "'I'll be right back' he said." she grumbled. "Treats me like a freaking child. 'Don't touch that Riya.' 'Wait in the car Riya.' I'm as much as an ETF officer as he is." she ranted to herself.

"Let's go." Arjun said from behind her.

"What do you mean?" she asked him, surprise evident on her face.

"Let's go. Away from here. Out the door." he explained as if she was a two year old.

Narrowing her eyes, she exhaled slowly. "I know what go means, sir. What I meant to say was, why?"

"There's nothing here. Rathod must have made a mistake..." he trailed off, giving a withering glare to a pair of guys who had stopped to check out Riya.

"Sir?" Riya said cautiously.

Snapping out of it, he looked back at her. "Like I was saying, there's nothing here. We're leaving."

Riya made a face behind his back as she followed him. "Khadoos." she mumbled under her breath.

"Kya?" he turned back to her.

"Nothing." she said sweetly. "Nothing at all."

Suddenly, Riya was jerked back roughly. "Aw, leaving so soon Gorgeous?" asked the man. Riya snatched her arm out of his grasp and and backed away, bumping right into Arjun.

"Sir. Leave it." she warned Arjun, noticing the look on his face. He payed no heed to her and stalked toward the man. "Arjun don't!" she yelled as he pulled back his fist.

--

Riya peered at Arjun, who's fingers were clenched so tightly onto the steering wheel, his knuckles had gone white.

Although he felt her stare, Arjun continued glaring straight ahead refusing to speak.

'Fine. If he doesn't want to talk, neither do I.' she thought irritably.

"..."

Unable to take the silence anymore, she spoke up. "What is your problem?"

Arjun didn't even glance at her as he replied. "I don't have a problem."

Seeming to not have heard Arjun, Riya continued. "All of that was so unnecessary! You broke his nose! I could've handled it myself. I didn't need you to save me."

"Really? You could have handled it?" He snarled angrily. "Then why did you look so scared?"

"I was not scared!" she defended. "You seem to forget I'm apart of the ETF too. Stop treating me like a child!"

"I'll stop treating you like a child, when you stop acting like one!" He snapped, causing her to flinch. Running a hand through his hair, Arjun tried to calm himself down.

He turned back to her, expression softening. "Riya, I was only looking out for you. Agreed you can handle yourself, but-"

"Yeah, yeah I know. If it had been anyone else, you'd have done the same." Riya deadpanned.

"That's not what I was going to say." Arjun replied, clearly frustrated with her.

"Riya.." he tried when she ignored him. But she refused to acknowledge him and kept looking out the window.

--

Noticing they'd arrived at her house, she opened her car door, and prepared to make her dramatic exit. Three steps away from the car, she realized she left her purse behind. 'Crap.' she thought.

Turning back, she saw Arjun holding out her purse for her, smirking. Snatching it away from him, she turned quickly on her heel, rushing to her front door.

"Goodnight Riya." Arjun called after her, amusement apparent in his voice.

"Goodnight Sir." she said through gritted teeth.

Without looking back, she entered the house. Only after she locked the door behind her, she heard Arjun's car driving off.

Leaning against the door, she sighed. Maybe she had over-reacted a bit. He was only trying to help. 'But he didn't have to snap at me.' she thought grumpily.

"Khadoos." she grumbled once more before trudging up the stairs.

Edited by Liza. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maneetkraze thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very good! You should definitely continue this!:)
Mimi2609 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Its very good and reflects a lot on wat may happen in the future...
Please continue
mushiroxx thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Wow i love it. Was imagining the scene in real;-):-D:-D plz write more OS or SS on ArIya n do pm me whenever u update:-)
kaveriw2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
ya its really good yaar 
please continue na, we want to know more
i like it so much
prioty1000 thumbnail
wow...nice...😊
i m imagining this scene
elle.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awsum awsum awsum awsum 👍🏼
-Raichu- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I loved it !! 
I enjoyed reading this OS a lot !!
It's the OS I read with ArIya and I really hope you'll give us more OS with ArIya !!!!
sam78 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
aweosme os. please write more os.
ipkknd-fan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Really good plz continue :)