Page 2 Page 3

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Arjun

Star Plus, Saturday and Sunday, 8pm

Rating: **

The series revolves around Arjun, a fearless cop who takes on Mumbai's crime world. A tormented man who lost his wife two years ago, Arjun reluctantly takes back his role in the Emergency Task Force (ETF) after having been banished for his unorthodox ways of working; his mind is set on cleaning up the system, even single-handedly if required. With each episode dedicated to a different case, the first two are based on prostitution and honour killing, even as the primary characters Arjun, Sameer Rathore and Riya develop. That the hero has a back story is made obvious, and apart from the episodic action, the makers want the audience hooked as they unravel his past.

Shaleen Malhotra, a former Roadies finalist, is the eponymous Arjun and Behzad Khan is the ETF chief Sameer Rathore, with whom he shares a strained relationship. The rest of the ETF team members play other recurring characters — Sana Khan as Riya, the recent recruit and Arjun's possible love interest; Ketan Karande as Chotu with a big built; and Siddharth Sen is the geeky gadget-savvy Shree.

Arjun's character is larger-than-life, at least by Indian television standards, and it doesn't compromise on that. Arjun's only competition, after all, is CID's quirky ACP Pradyuman on Sony. Budgets have not been spared. The first episode moves from Mumbai to Goa, where the climactic action takes place in some shady areas, where most people would fear to tread. In the second episode, the ETF in their hunt for the honour killers, reach the deserts of Rajasthan. The show succeeds in its aim to make all things look glossy, even if it's just for effect.

Watching an episode of Arjun requires suspension of disbelief on part of viewers, however, the makers take it a step too far. With weak plots, poor acting and half-hearted attempts on subjects such as flesh-trade and honour killing, it wants itself to be taken seriously. The ETF uniformly wears aviator glasses, dresses up like event organisers and operates a phone-tapping device that looks like a DJ console. In order to make Arjun look intelligent, the rest of the ETF is made to look otherwise. As a result, it becomes hard to invest emotions in any of the characters.

If you are looking for a gun-toting eye candy, then the snazzy camera cuts and the fashionable ETF team might give you a reason to watch, especially Malhotra's stubble-conscious machismo in slow motion action.

VERDICT: Weak plots and poor acting.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

raparigasam78sravani899butterfly15....Naina..mushiroxx-Raichu-prava55663ll-Shilpa-llMariaa.RD

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Screenindia - TV gets a hot Cop - Arjun" in Arjun forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sravani899

Goldie

sravani899

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 10:08am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing tanu

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Raichu-

Arieltabi

IF-Dazzler

Arieltabi

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Tfs. But it is not that bad. The show is really good. It's new they can't compare it with CID. CID is 15 years old. And Arjun's story is different. I was not planing 2 c it. I accidently watch the 2nd epi n I got hooked. Now I m addicted 2 it.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rapariga-Raichu-mushiroxx

sam78

Goldie

sam78

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Raichu-

JennyPenny

IF-Addictz

JennyPenny

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
Both shows are different and if we are talking about weak script, I would say CID has a weaker script than Arjun.

Give it time.. It just started.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shona16raparigaValleryRoseSia89mushiroxx.Kiran.

mushiroxx

IF-Rockerz

mushiroxx

Posted: 25 August 2012 at 4:06am | IP Logged
a review like that...OuchConfused
its not bad at all...its a good show...n yes i agree i some stories the plot was weak but the acting is bang-on...Thumbs Up arjun,rathore,riya,shree all doing a gr8 job but im a bit disappointed with chotu ...his acting is...well i agree with jenny give the show sometime...it will be a HIT...
n CID sure have a weak script than arjun...LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shona16raparigaValleryRose-Raichu-

pratsy

IF-Stunnerz

pratsy

Posted: 25 August 2012 at 4:34am | IP Logged
riya is arjun's possible lov interest <3

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shona16ValleryRose-Raichu-mushiroxxFantasia_junkie

mushiroxx

IF-Rockerz

mushiroxx

Posted: 25 August 2012 at 4:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pratsy

riya is arjun's possible lov interest <3

LOLLOL actually she oficially is...Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shona16-Raichu-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.