**** IF- IDOL Show****(Online singing competition) - Page 6

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by JasToronto

Aisa hai ji shaktheback ji, they have 25% marks for your appearace & body language.😆 If you don't show your face how do we know who you are?😊 

Just kidding my friend, nobody have to show their face. You can post Kajol's picture instead.  
why kajol why not ganpati bappa 😃
Originally posted by CanadianAddict

@Jas Paaji: so sweet you are :)! But I would never make a judge, I like the idea of public voting but I have no knowledge of Indian scales and music. Hence I'm not participating.

Hey CA music is music, Indian or western. All I know is that harmonium has 2 1/2 Octave - the first one is called mander septek followed by madyam septek then tar septek. When we go from lower notes to higher, its called aaroh but when we descend from higher to lower its called aavroh. There should be atleast 5 surs in a raag and maximum 7. The have classified raags according to number of surs used in aaroh and aavroh. Not all indian film songs are based on raags. they use whatever surs they like. Anyway you don't need to learn all those details. Just learn few songs and upload them, LOL. Its as easy as 1, 2, 3 😊 
Originally posted by hope20

why kajol why not ganpati bappa 😃
vo aisa hai na hope ji, i pray ganpati at the start of my day, "Nisdin baho ganapati namo."

And gajananam bhoota ganadhi sevitam
kapiththa jamboo phalasara bakhshitam.😊

Ok if not kajol, juhi chawla will also do,😉
Edited by JasToronto - 11 years ago
Wow...this was originally my idea and finally it's implemented here again. 😆

Just a question...when you say youtube link, do we need to show our faces too? That's something I and many others will not be comfortable with...is only audio ok?

IMO, the identity of the singers, should be kept confidential and also the members should not inform their friends what they are singing or which song they have entered.. In this case, probably, we can have a fair voting from IF people.. (If they can identify their friends from their voice, then its a different case though)
Hey Jas bhai.. we had met once in Sunidhi Chauhan AT... but its nice to see you here 😊
Originally posted by ksl0077

Hi nikki,

I just listened to you song from your collection, Hai Rama from Rangeela. Thats my fav song too. Actually Raag PD brings some of the great bollywood songs and this being one of them. You have done very well. komal Re and Komal Ni with Tivra madhyam. Wah wah kya baat hai. 

Actually, Raag PD always reminds of many renditions like by Ustan Rashid Khan, Ashwini Bheede, Begum Parveen Sultana ji.

Take care.

update:
Sorry. I didnt realize that few may not know what Raag PD is. Its a Puriya Dhanashree. Cheers.

I know ksl, PD is such a soulful raag.. One of my favs too 😊
Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

thank you for the kind words guys, but i'm a complete fail at singing right now with no professional training whatsoever. and plus there are bunches of more talented singers than me on this forum! :) so idk whether i should participate or not. my singing in so random haha

Rani.. NP.. Take part yaa.. It'll be nice to hear variety of songs.. and You are a beautiful singer.. heard you in the X-factor forum.. still can't forget your Gali mein aaj chaand nikla... ðŸ˜Š
all d best to all...
who are participating...
Originally posted by ksl0077

Hi nikki,

I just listened to you song from your collection, Hai Rama from Rangeela. Thats my fav song too. Actually Raag PD brings some of the great bollywood songs and this being one of them. You have done very well. komal Re and Komal Ni with Tivra madhyam. Wah wah kya baat hai. 

Actually, Raag PD always reminds of many renditions like by Ustan Rashid Khan, Ashwini Bheede, Begum Parveen Sultana ji.

Take care.

update:
Sorry. I didnt realize that few may not know what Raag PD is. Its a Puriya Dhanashree. Cheers.

Hai Rama is one of my fav songs too...n am truly glad to knw u liked my efforts of singing tht beautiful song...😃😃...thnx soo much...