KR OS : Actual Blind Date

a_happy_2000 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

As I sat again on my regular table .. for my coffee in my favourite coffee shop .. I somehow felt this evening was different .. I could sense something would happen .. and I felt the difference when I inhaled the scent .. the feminine scent .. the soft sound of the flat sandals .. as she pulled the chair gently of the table next to mine ..

I waited if someone would sit in front of her .. but didn't hear any other chair being pulled and also she didn't talk to anyone ..

She must have kept her purse on the table .. because I heard a sound .. initially I thought it was the sound of the keys ' but then my mind registered it as the sound of the ghungru ..

Hmm .. so a dancer ..

I wanted to hear her voice just to know her better ..

Ajay the waiter came up to her table

"Maam what would you like to have ?"

"Hmm .. I would like a cappuccino with extra cream .. a chicken burger with double cheese and French fries"

"Is that all ?"

"Yes .. thank you "

From the voice .. she seemed to be a girl in her early twenties .. soft voice .. maybe with a petite frame of body .. but definitely a smiling face .. because her voice had that lovely feel when someone smiles ..

Hmm .. seems to be a food lover .. or is there something else in her mind ..

She was tapping her fingers on the table .. must be slender fingers .. as they are making such a sweet sound ..

How do I start talking to her ..

The clock in the coffee shop started chiming ..

He turned towards her table .. "Excuse me .. can you tell me what's the time ?"

"Well ' am sure you can hear the clock chimes .. and if it has to be believed then its 5 pm sharp "

"Thank you "

"You are most welcome "

"So .. you are a dancer ?"

She must have been surprised by my question .. because her voice was loud and excited .. when she asked "How do you know ?"

"Well I just heard the sound of the ghungru"

She laughed .. it must have been the most beautiful laughter .. like the ripples in the water ..

"Yes .. I am learning .. I go to the NrityaShakti dance school which is next to this coffee shop .. "

"Wow .. that's cool ' "

"Thanks .. I am learning Bharatnatyam from Shakti Mohan .. she is a great dancer .. Have you seen her dances "

"I am sorry .. I haven't "

"Oh .. ok .. you might not be interested in dance then "

"Yep .. I love music .. I play violin "

"Great .. Maybe someday I would love to hear it .. "

There was silence between the two for a long time ..

"And by any chance ..is your mood off today ?" I asked ..

"Well .. yes .. but how did you guess that ?" again she was surprised .. and I prided myself for understanding the mood of the person infront of me without them telling me .. I must say I had a sixth sense to guess this ..

"Because of your order ..  I love oily ..greasy .. fried .. fatty food when I am down " I laughed ..

"Me too .. actually today I couldn't get my steps right .. so Shakti Maam was angry on me .. so my mood was off.. so I decided to come here and binge .. Usually I don't move around alone .. but today I really needed to gorge ..  " she laughed ..

"So you are new to learning dance ?"

"No .. I started learning it when I was 5 .. but then left it due to some personal reasons .. but now want to start again "

"Looks like its your passion .. I mean the way you are talking "

"Yes .. it is .. I love dancing "

"I am very happy to hear that .. all the best .. do continue .."

"Thanks "

"You know you have a very sweet voice "

She laughed ' again heartily .. "You are the first one to say that .. btw .. thanks for the compliment.. and I must tell you .. your laughter is contagious .. "

"Oh really ?" I was surprised .. Seriously nobody had ever told me that ..

"Hmm"

She must have paid the bill .. because I could hear her take her purse .. remove something and then keep it on the table ..

"Hey .. Got to go now "

"Btw .. I am Reyaansh Singhannia "

"I am Kria Ghai .. .. It was really nice meeting you .."

"Same here .. do you come here often .. ?" I just wanted to stall her a bit .. I knew she had paid .. she was getting ready to leave ..

"No .. ok .. bye " .. she walked off ..

I had expected her to shake hands with me.. but maybe she realised that I was blind and didn't want to embarrass me .. I could hear her walk away slowly .. I felt a bit disappointed.. I wanted to feel her hand .. her touch .. just to get to know her .. I didn't know why .. but her voice was so attractive .. I knew her touch would have been unique .. I sighed .. All this is not in my destiny ..

We hardly talked for maybe half an hour .. but it felt so good .. I wish I could meet her again ..

I waited till Ajay came to my table .. It was my routine .. before I paid my bill I used to ask him how the person on the adjacent table looked like .. just to match if my guesses were right ...

I started asking him .. was she fair ' dark .. long or short hair .. what was she wearing .. what was the colour of her eyes ..

Ajay started laughing at my eagerness .. because generally I used to ask only to check if my senses were working properly .. but today it was more .. I was excited .. I really wanted to know what was the colour of her eyes .. Even though I may never see them .. but I really wanted to know ..

"Well she is fair .. a little shorter than you .. slim .. great figure .. was wearing a white chudidaar .. hair a bit curly .. upto her shoulders .. but couldn't see her eyes .. "

"Why ?" I was dismayed ..

"She was wearing sunglasses all the time ?"

"Oh .. " I was sad .. I got up to go .

"Rey .. you won't believe it .. what she asked me .. "

I stopped ..and asked "What ?"

"She asked me all the same questions about you .. which you asked just now about her ,when I went to leave her till the door "

"Why .. ?" It then struck me .. "Is she really ?" I just couldn't complete my sentence ..

"Yes .. she was blind too .. she also told me .. if you ask about her then give her cell number to you .. "

"WHAT " I screamed ..

*** the end ***

I am not sure if you all liked it .. I just got this thought when I was discussing something with Vaishali (Kriyaansh24) ..

But .. if you have read it till the end .. and if you want to comment .. please let me know when did you know that Rey / Kria both were blind .. was it at the end ? or somewhere  in between .. 

This was my experiment  .. just to check my writing skills ..Can I really keep the climax till the end or no ..

:-)

If you guessed it right in the beginning also .. no issues with me .. do let me know ..

Really appreciate your comments .. 

Sorry for bombarding you all with so many of my silly OS ..

Regards,

Amy

Edited by a_happy_2000 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Vaish- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
loved it...

jab we were talking i hadn't thot bout this...

but jo bhi ho...

it was really very sweet...

especially how u described rey was sensing everything...

the best part was how he was eager to know abt her feel her spend some time with her...

u showed her eagerness so well...

so kriya was also blind...

she too was feeling on sm lines...

awesome OS
Edited by kriyansh24 - 11 years ago
Roxxy47 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome OS 👏...
Honestly from the start i knew that Rey was blind 😳...
But i really didn't knew that Kria too was blind 😲...
The title "Actual Blind Date" is Amazing 😃...
Loved it ❤️...
Do write more stuff...
N thanks for the pm 😊.
Edited by Roxxy47 - 11 years ago
Deetha. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

"Hmm"

She must have paid the bill .. because I could hear her take her purse .. remove something and then keep it on the table ..

"Hey .. Got to go now "

at this part i got that rey is blind...and kriya ki toh 

"Rey .. you won't believe it .. what she asked me .. "

I stopped ..and asked "What ?"

yaha pe...i really loved it...but blind...u made me emotional...coz im very much connected to eyes...infact its the first thing i observe in any person or even the passer by coz i frankly speaking believe that i have grt expressive eyes and i love seeing eyes and always try to read my friends through their eyes...

luv_arsha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome OS ammy...its mindblowing
and please dont doubt your writing skills...you are perfect
and about being blind i come to know about in the end and i was completely shocked to know about it...awesome
kriyansh19 thumbnail
Nice update ..!
Loved it ..!
-FrozenRain- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Amy wonderful effort,
U seriously stole the day..
It was fab..

I seriously could nt guress that both were blind untill the climax...

Thanks for pm,,,

Vaishu kitno secaise kam karvati hai tu...

tinatartari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
honestly it ws the best OS abt KR i evr read..
cudnt guess the end b4 ajay told her she asked abt u the same qs...
i literally had teary eyes!!!
it ws an awesome OS...wanna read more 4m u
GoldenLuna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome os...
loved it...
thnx for pm...
--RAINA-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
another awsome os...