Is it a new beginning or THE END!!

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

NOTE-First of all please proceed to read the post only without any jodi prejudice in mind or any kind of likings. This post is about lamenting the loss of once a show which came up with lot of promises but delivered stuff which was AVERAGE and beyond recognition.

"What we call the beginning is often the end.And to make an end is to make a beginning.The end is where we start from
                                      "
-T.S Eliot

PSH was a show which was close to my heart.Something worth watching and appreciated amidst saas bahu sagas and so called HAWT shows ..Like a fresh breath and breeze of life..We saw some great characters and a powerful story line which raised our expectations each passing day only to CRASH like a horrible nightmare .This show is not PSH.It is beyond recognition.With the awful  butchering of characters,meandering from the story line and above all being INCONSISTENT with the story development,PSH though claiming to be a herald of a NEW DAWN appears as a DARK GLOOMY NIGHTMARE TO ME.

While I lament the loss but still I have the courage to speak up against the way things have proceeded so far.What went wrong?What was the real flaw in the story ?
Well I would like to delve into the GREATEST FLAW in the story the LACK OF CONSISTENCY IN CHARACTERS.

The character of Sugni...

The show introduced SUGNI ..A bubbling fountain of merriment ..A wild free spirit who not only DARED to challenge the norms of the society but also stood as a FORMIDABLE wall of STRENGTH against the atrocities and chauvinism of a thakur dominated society..Who dared to be TAKE A PLUNGE ..Who had dreams..Dreams about living life respectfully...Dreams of new HOPES...dreams of ESCAPING to the city to pursue her destiny...A girl who dared to say-"Aaaj tak kisi thakur MALAK mein wo dum nahi ki Sugni ko bandh le...
But The Sugni I see now,is beyond recognition absolutely ALIEN!Is she the same one who overthrew a boat to save her Friend from the clutches of Thakur without even an iota of fear?Is she the same Sugni who dared to say to her father in front of everyone that -Hum aapko maaf karte hain...?
Is she the same Sugni who kept giving HOPES to her mother about a bright new Dawn?Is she the same Sugni who tried to dance as Radha to earn about livelihood because -Zindagi ki ladayi hi yehi hai ki Rakhlo k paison par nahi rehna?
Is she the same Sugni who refused to do her Sar dhakayi even when the whole village was against her..Is she the same Sugni who was ready to run away in the city without even a single penny in her pocket?
AGREED !she was BETRAYED
AGREED ! she is hurt
AGREED she wants to get away from Vikram's life to free him...
But Can someone EXPLAIN me her whole point of agreeing for a sar dhakayi ...
BETRAYAL does BREAK you but for a girl who was SUGNI ...her reaction is BEYOND my comprehension ?

The character of Vikram

When Thakur Vikram Singh entered the show ..He was this POWERFUL manipulative thakur ...The one who had the guts not only to call the SPADE A SPADE but was potrayed as someone who was equally shrewd and smart...His interactions with JT and his mannerisms all suggested something sinister...Then one fine day he is changed to a completely RIGHTEOUS PERSON who was genuinely in love with Sugni...We agreed to that too fine and overlooked all the other hints otherwise and then All of a sudden ..you bring in the old wife who scares the hell outta him...He claimed that even he had an unhappy marriage with her...
But then what was that when he answered  Sugni that he did love Rewa -"Itna to pyaar karta hi tha ki uski maut ka gum tha ?"
So a street smart thakur turns into an unusual scared person overnight..Difficult to swallow..
AGREED TVS was an ENIGMA But the story 's treatment made his character development look PATCHY.
Is he the same thakur whom I saw manipulating Supari Singh to dissuade him from doing something bad to Sugni...
Is he the same one who smirked and challenged everyone ...

The character of Aditya -THE BIGGEST BLOOPER

BANG came SADU THAKUR who was snobbish immature ,hated bednis to the core..Had a painful past and couldn't stand Sugni even for a second.His initial conversations with his family did indicate the he loved Amrita ..but the way his character developed was confusing...AGREED Anuj was never a grt choice for the character but still he improved being able to sink in the character nicely...But WHAM enters Nandish,...He might be  a good actor he might be handsome but HE IS NOT ADITYA ...What ADITYA is today ..he is nowhere near to what he had been potrayed to be ..REALLY ?Is this the same SADU thakur?
Is he the same one who could not even decide for himself and now he is giving sermons for differenciating between RIGHT OR WRONG ?

GONE WITH THE WIND

There are major characters in the story which have gone missing..JT ,his wife Saroj thakurain and their CREEPY son..Where are they ?The whole Village has gathered for Sar dhakayi and they are nowhere...So many things happened in Sugni's life...The Saroj Thakurain who never used to leave even the slightest opportunity to create miseries in the life of Sugni have suddenly vanished in thin air...When Vikram stepped in the village ,there was this huge build up for some elections and political rivalry between JT and Vikram?Where is haldi thakur...
There were all these characters who told and hinted a different story line are all lost somewhere...?
Why were they introduced when they never had anything major to do in the story ...Why was this whole Gulabiya's Sar dhakayi fiasco introduced...?I am actually not able to recognise anything in this show...

THE STORYLINE

I knew from DAY one that it was going to be an Adi Sugni story..YES WE knew that..But hasn't the whole build up and PLOT seemed like a patchwork...While the most IMPORTANT TRANSITION Vikram and Sugni's Love was hastened like an EXPRESS train...Similarly Aditya Sugni build up looks UNAPPEALING...
My question is if they really planned something like this..Then why not DEAL with it maturely with CREDIBILITY ...
While the character development of Aditya seems PATCHY...Equally is the treatment of his side of the story...IMO even Vikram's tale was not DEALT cautiously...
Wasn't Vikram supposed to the sar dhakayi as initially planned in the story..and Aditya was supposed to rescue her...?
Wasn't  Sugni supposed to see the EVIL face of her owner?

The whole story line with the gloomiest REWA MANZIL track looked very inconsistent to me...And what about Amu...The most badly handled EXIT ...I really feel for her...

I thought PSH was the best story ever but I was FAILED ! As I had always maintained that I loved Sugvi ...Not as a jodi but for the sheer dynamics they shared ...Together or against each other..They are a TREAT to watch...And Yes I was open to Aditya Sugni track...Not because I was gaga over this jodi but I wanted something interesting for the story..I had always loved Aditya's character but he was handled very very poorly .But the whole concept ...The whole treatment of the subject...The whole character development seems UNBEARABLE to me...
Really ?So we needed Aditya to do sar dhakayi of Sugni ?Was that REALLY NEEDED ??This is the most poorly DEVELOPED TRACK...Even if thet wanted to give us Aditya Sugni...IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WISER TO TAKE THINGS IN A DIFFERENT MANNER..A sar dhakayi is the lamest attempt

And pardon me for saying this Nandish -Gulki NO CHEMISTRY at all..Not because Nandish is not a good actor but because the track itself was ill developed...HE IS NOT ADI for me..Like Sugni is no longer Sugni for me ...and TVS well I cannot lament more ...
I cannot recognize anyone in the show except Gulabiya who seems to be the ever protective mother and the lousy mamas ...

For me the show is not what I used to wait for every day before the rewa track...UNRECOGNIZABLE AND UNBEARABLE 

So I guess this is the last time..I gathered enough strength to rant ...SIGH 

NOTE-The only thing worth applauding in the show is the POWERHOUSE performances of the FINEST actors Like Varun.Gulki,Narayani .GOSH WHAT A  WASTE OF THEIR TALENT😭

Edited by manzilmukul - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-rupa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
OMG look who is back ..i am so glad to see u back & will wait for ur post ...hopefully u are not again leaving .😊
daffodil81 thumbnail

Piu hope this pic helps for your analysis
Zee wants to show a new beginning thru this pic i think.
Edited by ash_arti - 11 years ago
Transference thumbnail
@ Rupa...🤗Glad m back..I had to...But the show has become something which does not match my sensibilities any more..But I had to write here..As a viewer I have been betrayed since days ...since the Rewa manzil track...but I had to write today
@Arathi.....🤗
That pic is not PSH for me...The characters are no longer what they used to beThis montage looks alien to me 

@ ALL POST UPDATED GUYS😭
Transference thumbnail
My ramblings for today's episode

"if times are hard
and you are blue
Look at others worrying too
Just because your troubles are many
Don't think others haven't any
Don't insist to have your own way
nor cry for the whatever that could not be
Learn to believe and have FAITH
And happy you will be.."

Someone needs to give this wake up call to Sugni😡
I need some wall to bang my head...Sugni was not only lame but her reasons for her sar dhakayi were equally ANNOYING too..Really..??Is this the BEST way to alienate yourself from Vikram's life so that no injustice is done to REWA ...Leaving yourself to be hounded by a pack of hungry wolves instead to fighting and standing for your RIGHTS...This is not the Sugni I had known ,loved and Respected
Can someone please gag Gulabiya..I mean your daughter is on the verge of being eaten up by lusty thakurs..Instead of worrying about them she is busy ranting at Vikram...
And Yes Aditya for a SHOCKING change was talking sense only till the time he argued with Sugni...Really Vikram's betrayal was everything to her and what about Gulabiya who is crying and begging..IMO if she had hurt her earlier by not believing her mother...then whatever she was doing now was even more hideous...The only thing I feel right now is a banging my head on the wall...A COLD aditya with Sugni ...New montage and promo too looks cold
Edited by manzilmukul - 11 years ago
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
One thing Piu G Adi and Sugni characterization gone from bad to worse🤢 will read it later in the morning for now I am mad that I had to do a update of a horrid episode are writers trying to shock us to increase TRPs
Transference thumbnail
Originally posted by: chalhov

One thing Piu G Adi and Sugni characterization gone from bad to worse🤢 will read it later in the morning for now I am mad that I had to do a update of a horrid episode are writers trying to shock us to increase TRPs

Exactly the show is INSANE in terms of character developmentsTRP's😕I donno what about it but the show had stopped making sense to me ages agoI knew it was an Aditya Sugni story but its TREATMENT is HORRIBLE...
ForeverSHINee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
You have expressed my feelings about this show so eloquently that I have nothing much to add.Agree with all of your points. Nandish has no discernible chemistry with Gulki and his voice really pisses me off. . I am most disappointed by the way they handled the characters of the ones you mentioned. The show has turned into a disaster zone. I wonder the Cvs will be ever to reverse the damage they have done to the characters.
Transference thumbnail
Originally posted by: anastasia211092

You have expressed my feelings about this show so eloquently that I have nothing much to add.Agree with all of your points. Nandish has no discernible chemistry with Gulki and his voice really pisses me off. . I am most disappointed by the way they handled the characters of the ones you mentioned. The show has turned into a disaster zone. I wonder the Cvs will be ever to reverse the damage they have done to the characters.

Seriously This is not the PSH I had started watching..PSH was about strong characters but all this now seems as a patchwork now...It would have been interesting if they went with the strong powerful note in which they had started..The GREATEST blooper is that they made some very important characters elusive...My point is why was JT and his rivalry introduced when it served nothing to the story..Why was the whole Haldi thakur fiasco brewed up...and Nandish is just not for the role...We needed someone intense which sadly neither Anuj nbor Nandish match upto the ensemble cast.
Vinnie79 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree totally with the post...👏..they ruined a great show...so much potential  all lost now...the only reason I am looking at it is for Varun Badola...but really it no longer feels like entertainment but a chore to watch!  I see the TRP's are down, I am hoping it sends them a message...but that hope is small.