Awkward, Sad, and Funny (all in one)

Posted: 11 years ago
I came for Rubina didi, but even I feel sort of awkward watching these events play out. I'm not sure that showing so little time passing between Toasty's "death" and Smiley falling for Tej was appropriate. I hope that her expressions and words portrayed discomfort only. Howver knowing the CVs, it's probably the beginning. I empathise with you ardent SBS fans.

All that aside, the acting today was absolutely superb, and even though my Hindi isn't fluent, I was able to understand exactly what was going on in the scene. The actor's expressions were on point and excellently showcased. I truly enjoyed Dadaji's teasing, and Cheenu and Tej dancing was certainly a moment to store for laughter later. Smiley's expressions 😕of confusion and her attempts to escape the dance practice had me right there. I never knew one person could find so many excuses in so little time. 😆Also, that moustache scene with the Punjabi man. While he's trying to convince Tej and Smiley, his moustache begins to slip. Pashu bhaiya and everyone else begins to notice. Pashu leaps up from his seat, and claps his hand over the moustache to keep it in place while talking rapidly to distract Tej and Smiley.
The saddest part for me was when Toasty's video appeared. I felt as if I was there with them, watching this woman who had filled their lives with joy, moving and talking, and I felt so sad because they wouldn't be seeing her again (not that we know of). When the section with her alone comes on, and she begins to speak, for a moment it looked as if Tej and Smiley were about to break down in tears. The other family members all had similar expressions of momentary sadness.

All in all, looking at the over all show, not sure I approve of the rapid development- forcing them to move on so soon without showing a time lapse or some other form of  storytelling seems unrealistic. When my grandmother died this year, I didn't cry, I grieved internally, but not a day went by when I didn't think about her or speak out loud to myself at something that reminded me of her or someone of us in the family mentioned her. So personally speaking, rushing the track didn't have to be this drastic.

As a Rubina/ Smiley fan, I loved seeing her onscreen today👏, and once again, I'm sorry for your pain SBS fans.😕
Yes, yesterday acting was very good by everyone and especially Rubina. I am a diehard fan of Rubi and I watched her in many character in choti bahu. Now I am happy that she is onscreen and enjoyed her differnet acting. I knew she will give a very good salsa dance. She is a great dancer. I want to see her after SBS in a lead role and will know that she will definetly get one.
yes i tottally agree Rubina was brilliant as always
It definitely has been a pleasure to watch Didi on screen :-D I started watching SBS the day she entered, and every time I see her, I find my smiling. Whoever created that character certainly has a delightful sense of humour, and casting Rubi didi as Smiley was a great idea. Smiley makes me smile, and Rubi didi carries the role naturally that we constantly have to be remind herselves that this same girl acted as the conservative, shy Radhika with the slow smile😲👏
Thanks for a lovely analysis of the episode :)  And I'm glad Rubina could become a part of our members of SBS family, she adds a lot to all the great talent in the SBS cast <3 

It also means a lot to know that you guys understand our pain in losing and missing our main lead :( (God bless Aish for a quick recovery <3) We're very happy to have found such great friends and supporters in Rubi fans :) 

I agree with you about the time issue...these things certainly take time and I don't like Tej being rushed into marriage so soon after losing Toasty and even that he wasn't given proper time to grieve.  But I guess the way the CVs have designed the track, it is needed for them tor rush with so little time :/ :( <3
@ Tejy_Kumari, during CB2 there was a period of approximately six months where Rubina had been away from her sasural, because her really good childhood friend killed her- (yes I see the irony) until Kanha saved her. This friend had been portrayed as the public bahu of Rubi didi ki sasural. So believe me when we say we know how it feels to have your lead disappear and watch a newcomer take her place. We actually do empathise, but I will say, atleast you were blessed enough to not see your lead murdered before your eyes while her husband was too busy being perfect to support her. Toasty was truly blessed to be a part of the C- parivaar and Aish was a great cast member. I hope for your sakes you get to see her one last time in the show🤗
Originally posted by Tejy_Kumari

Thanks for a lovely analysis of the episode :)  And I'm glad Rubina could become a part of our members of SBS family, she adds a lot to all the great talent in the SBS cast <3 

It also means a lot to know that you guys understand our pain in losing and missing our main lead :( (God bless Aish for a quick recovery <3) We're very happy to have found such great friends and supporters in Rubi fans :) 

I agree with you about the time issue...these things certainly take time and I don't like Tej being rushed into marriage so soon after losing Toasty and even that he wasn't given proper time to grieve.  But I guess the way the CVs have designed the track, it is needed for them tor rush with so little time :/ :( <3

CV must be having some time frame to wind up the show , thats why they have to  rush   the things..This is the tragedy  of recent time soaps  ...I liked Rubina , her hesitation , her feeling awkward , discomfert ,in close proximity to Tej while Dancing , ,,,She was briliant with her expressions, even on scooter ride ...Any normal girl will be uncomfertable ...Tej  was equally good, he was bewildered ,why smily was behaving  irrationally. he is ingrossed in hisToasty ...Yes this track should have moved slowly , taking its own time ...And why Smiley should marry Tej ,when she knows , Tej life is Toasty ...Should end the show on a happy note, does not mean they have to show mariage , not so soon,...At last , an actor job is to convince the viewers , whatever he/ she is doing ...Personal and professional life should be kept seperate , ...I liked the salsa sequence today , both we graceful and Rubina always looks ethereal as if flying ..
Originally posted by Neerjaa

CV must be having some time frame to wind up the show , thats why they have to  rush   the things..This is the tragedy  of recent time soaps  ...I liked Rubina , her hesitation , her feeling awkward , discomfert ,in close proximity to Tej while Dancing , ,,,She was briliant with her expressions, even on scooter ride ...Any normal girl will be uncomfertable ...Tej  was equally good, he was bewildered ,why smily was behaving  irrationally. he is ingrossed in hisToasty ...Yes this track should have moved slowly , taking its own time ...And why Smiley should marry Tej ,when she knows , Tej life is Toasty ...Should end the show on a happy note, does not mean they have to show mariage , not so soon,...At last , an actor job is to convince the viewers , whatever he/ she is doing ...Personal and professional life should be kept seperate , ...I liked the salsa sequence today , both we graceful and Rubina always looks ethereal as if flying ..

I agree didi! Her expressions were such a delight to look at. This is why I love observing Indian soaps and movies, the actors deliver such compelling expressions that even if you cant understand the words, you can read their faces and body language. Ravi and the  rest of the SBS cast are a pleasure. I do wish I had seen this show before. Their family scenes pull you in and make you a part of them. Aslo once again, I completely enjoyed the dance. For a moment I wished Avi bhaiya was with her, but I reminded myself that Di and Bhai are two separate actors and that whoever they work with, deserve the best of their acting skills, and so do we. That is exactly what we got. I still cannot forget that dance. Going home to watch it again 😳
Edited by Kittya_Cullen - 11 years ago
Wow that was a beautiful analysis! Yes, it is sad to see SBS this way, but you are right Rubina is doing a fantastic job :)
Originally posted by Kittya_Cullen

@ Tejy_Kumari, during CB2 there was a period of approximately six months where Rubina had been away from her sasural, because her really good childhood friend killed her- (yes I see the irony) until Kanha saved her. This friend had been portrayed as the public bahu of Rubi didi ki sasural. So believe me when we say we know how it feels to have your lead disappear and watch a newcomer take her place. We actually do empathise, but I will say, atleast you were blessed enough to not see your lead murdered before your eyes while her husband was too busy being perfect to support her. Toasty was truly blessed to be a part of the C- parivaar and Aish was a great cast member. I hope for your sakes you get to see her one last time in the show🤗

Thank you much, Kittya 🤗