out of KHKN,out of work?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

samir_soni

Goldie

samir_soni

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Out of 'KHKN', out of work!

Four out of the six lead actors of Zee's Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa will be out of work… after 12 May.
As the serial bites the dust on 19 May, the KHKN actors will shoot for the last time for the soap on 11 May.

Vishal, Mihir and Kushal in a scene from 'KHKN' when Mihir Misra was part of it

Gaurav Chopra, who recently entered the plot after Mihir Misra's exit, is enjoying his last few days playing Kabeer. "It's all destiny's game," he sighs. I was playing the lead in four serials. People wondered how I could do four serials at a time. And in a week's time, I got to know that three of my four serials were going off air!," he laughs. Gaurav plays the male lead in KalCchakra on Star Plus, Dil Kya Chahta Hai on Star One and Ruby Duby Hub Dub on Sahara Manoranjan apart from KHKN.

Gaurav does have an offer but doesn't want to divulge more. Although he is interested in working more on TV, he says he also wants to concentrate on acting in films. Vishal Singh who plays Deepankar is currently fighting viral fever. He too seems to be empty handed, waiting for the next right role to come along. Those we spoke to seem to feel that Rose Movies' Shrishti Arya, herself not too happy that the serial is being yanked out, might give the guys work in her next ventures….but then, in the world of television, nothing's confirmed till there's a signature on the dotted line!

Muskaan Mihani: I lost on lead roles

Muskaan Mihani, who had recently been signed on to appear as Sanjana in a new avatar in KHKN, has been flooded with calls from all over. She sounds low as she says, "I rejected other lead roles offered me because I had committed myself to KHKN. Now I have lost out on those roles. Life is fast and people don't wait. Now, I am getting character roles to play. I would have felt sadder if it went off air after I appeared. But I guess, whatever happens, happens for the best."

Mihir Misra, who claims to have left the show due to personal differences, has still not got any assignments on hand, but is hopeful.

Reacting to the serial going off air, Gaurav responds, "It is shocking that KHKN is going off air. I had done a lot of homework for my role. And if all my serials are going off air at the same time, then it is really a bad coincidence."

Kushal Punjabi who plays Chetan recollects, "I thought it was a joke when the producer told me that it is going off air". He sounds optimistic as he consoles himself, "All good things come to an end. Even as we share a laugh on the sets, we feel bad when we realize these are the last few days of the show."
Gaurav Chopra: waiting for the right thing to happen

Vishal adds, "We were a happy family together. But not anymore…."

"I thanked the production house for letting me know that it is ending and asked them if I was free to find work with someone else," adds Muskaan.

The only exception seems to be Kushal who has been offered strong lead roles in serials to be launched. "I want to do one serial and one film now. I have the role of a Casanova, a lawyer and an investigating officer on hand currently. Lets' see which one I accept." Incidentally, Kushal has played parts in films like the Tanisha starrer Shhhh.., Lakshya (as Preity's fianc) and the recent Kaal.

Life for these actors is just as unsure as the title of this serial, one guesses!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "out of KHKN,out of work?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?" in Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 24 May 2005 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
that is sad that they will be out of work, i am sure someone will see talent in them

Post Reply New Post

Go to top