Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

I am not expecting.. i just want to provide great environment and shower my love on him, how he will turn out be - successful, failure, mediocre, etc.. is none of my concern. My blessings will always be with him... okay, i am sounding like I really have a baby 😆

Yeah. 😆

OK, this wasnt based on any belief, Mindbender .. 😛 have you never felt like this? like there's a you, deep inside that is just watching your mentalities, etc transform as time passes by.. but the you inside is still the same, watching..

I feel that all the time! That is what we mean by awareness, I guess. Observing your thoughts, your actions. Just observing them, changes them.

Someone who has a life so won't be participating in this ... (oh wait!- didn't I do just that now?!)

Originally posted by: Beyond_the_Veil

Someone who has a life so won't be participating in this ... (oh wait!- didn't I do just that now?!)

or someone who already had enough from his life would be participating in this ...who knows 😆
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Freethinker112
I see a resemblence. ONe is a freethinker and the other thinks freely.😆
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Freethinker112

I see a resemblence. ONe is a freethinker and the other thinks freely.😆

And what exactly is that supposed to mean? I haven't even replied in this thread, yet.
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Well, you are treading on deep philosophy here, so I will also take a dive.

To quote Fight Club
[QUOTE=Tyler Durden]You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f**king khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.[/quote]

You can say there are two yous, a physical one and a conscious one. If we could somehow port consciousness from our body, would we be the same? That is a question we don't have an answer to. But we feel the thoughts to be separate from the body.

Even consciously, there is not one you. You are someone else to your family, someone else to your friends, someone else to strangers, and finally there is a side of you known only to you. We construct different persona as according to our belief of how we should be behaving. Everything about our life is a narrative constructed by our self. We create an image of our self in our mind. Nobody remembers every moment of their life perfectly, so we keep on editing the memories to fit our narration. That is us in our mind. But that is also not the you. Even you don't know the real you.

So, there is no way to say what the real you is. It is derived from our brain, but unless we know how exactly the brain creates consciousness, everything is pure speculation. So, there is no right answer because every answer is possible.

So, the real question is why do we doubt who we are? Awesome isn't it, consciousness trying to observe itself and trying to make a sense of it. These things really are mind boggling.
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

Well, you are treading on deep philosophy here, so I will also take a dive.

To quote Fight Club
Nicely said! 😃 

@bold -- I disagree 😆 There's nothing to think when I ask myself who am I really! 😆  it looks like a abyss... i'm just looking, I know there's some 'me' there that has been me constantly watching all my life... but, faceless, no identity, no nothing.

Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

@bold -- I disagree 😆 There's nothing to think when I ask myself who am I really! 😆  it looks like a abyss... i'm just looking, I know there's some 'me' there that has been me constantly watching all my life... but, faceless, no identity, no nothing. 

That's what I said, we don't know about the source so the speculations of people may be possible. 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Who am I?

Do I go philosophical like the old 'Who am I' threads or do I quote glitter wh**e and sing "We R Who We R"?

ChanandlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I had  a value camp arranged by my school recently 

The same question was there  ...

I remember the answer to be  - I am my soul  

My answer would be - I am a human ðŸ˜†, any doubts ??😆