Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 3:58am | IP Logged
Is there really an answer for that? :)

Lets not talk about societal identities.. but, I want a deeper answer.

Who are you?

Personally, I am at loss of words. I'll give you readers an example to let you understand what exactly my post is about. 

To survive in the society, i.e. to pursue my career goal, to lead a good systematic lifestyle with nice dogmatic ethical values and principles so that my future son will lead a good life(afterall, a parent is the one that provides a nurturing environment for a new life - my future child), and to gain knowledge and grow in terms of personality.. "I"  think "I" should be like a so-and-so character.. this character is the exterior layer of 'myself'.. full of ..IDK, it is like a container.. full of my character traiters, my psychological traits, my IQ, my emotional nature.

But, these^ look very superficial to me.. when I look deeper, to see what and who the hell am I, I dont get an answer. Is there really an answer? Or am I absolutely making no sense?

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 21 August 2012 at 4:02am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Who are you ?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 7:58pm | IP Logged

Ah sister we had a great thread on "Who am I?" from Mr. K.

Who am I ? where have we come from and are where are we going to ?

These are famous lines from Sankaracharya. He preached Advaita and absolute oneness.
But he also says instead of trying to master the sanskrit grammer pray to Govinda. Bhajo Govindam Bhajo Govindam !

zorrro

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 22 August 2012 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

These are famous lines from Sankaracharya. He preached Advaita and absolute oneness.
But he also says instead of trying to master the sanskrit grammer pray to Govinda. Bhajo Govindam Bhajo Govindam !
We had part I and  II of that thread actually LOL Some members attained self realisation perhapsBig smile

Summer3

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 August 2012 at 9:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroRehanismSummer3

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 22 August 2012 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

We had part I and  II of that thread actually LOL Some members attained self realisation perhapsBig smile

Ha Ha. Most of them were already realized and were testing us.
Ah if only life was a bed of roses. But not so unfortunately and we have to make the effort to get out of the tangled mess.

seoulbeats

seoulbeats

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 9:32am | IP Logged

I can list my character traits over here which make me different from other people, I can tell you my dreams, thoughts and beliefs which set me apart from others, I can talk about my identity in a society based on gender, status and such but I don't think that's the answer you are looking for...

I am different things at different points of time. I guess we're all searching for that deeper meaning.
So I'd say that there is no right answer for this one because we are constantly changing, both physically and mentally... 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Autumn.Angel-likeDevilSummer3

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 4:03am | IP Logged

Oh really? I didnt know, and didnt go through that topic :)

I dont care where I am going to or where I have come from.. I just wanna know who am I LOL 

@Seoul --- you shared exactlyy my thoughts! :)  ..thanks for the reply!!

seoulbeats

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 24 August 2012 at 10:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

To survive in the society, i.e. to pursue my career goal, to lead a good systematic lifestyle with nice dogmatic ethical values and principles so that my future son will lead a good life(afterall, a parent is the one that provides a nurturing environment for a new life - my future child), and to gain knowledge and grow in terms of personality.. "I"  think "I" should be like a so-and-so character.. this character is the exterior layer of 'myself'.. full of ..IDK, it is like a container.. full of my character traiters, my psychological traits, my IQ, my emotional nature.

But, these^ look very superficial to me.. when I look deeper, to see what and who the hell am I, I dont get an answer. Is there really an answer? Or am I absolutely making no sense?
'Character traiters" . LOL
----------------------------------
I think that whenever one starts having the feeling of 'I should be like so and so' , it somewhere implies a resistance to the natural flow. After all, if you are thinking that you 'should' be like that, it simply means you are not happy with who are you are right now. And how can one use 'how I should be' to define one's present self?

Secondly, to think that having certain values and principles in yourself will make sure that your future son (you are already assuming it's going to be a boy? ) will have a good life is a reasoning which is based on many assumptions. One needs to be aware of those.

Anyways, finding the answer to "who am I" is a process, I guess. Each day you become something new, so how can the answer be static? Yeah, there's this thing we have heard about having a core inner being which is constant irrespective of the changes around us. But then, it's something which we have only heard, not yet experienced. So thinking that it 'must' be there with a hundred percent belief can lead to problems. It's meant to be found out, not believed.

Also, we have accumulated so many layers while trying to deal with the society that I guess coming back to oneself suddenly or even thinking that one will get the answer to who he is instantaneously is quite unreasonable. It has to be a slow process of peeling those layers, which actually starts with realizing that those layers exist ! It's sort of an enlightenment actually as one begins to observe himself, starts to realize that sometimes those things for which the society might appreciate him are actually meant to lead to his downfall in the long run. When these things start striking you, then change starts automatically within oneself  and with each step, we come closer to the realization.

But all this is eventually, a hypothesis. A belief, Or at least, an extrapolation...

Angel-likeDevil

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.