Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage

Shivani's Parents! - August 20th!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

..Naina..

..Naina..

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Hola People!

Sigh, we knew this episode was going to be family drama, and well it was. =/ I was going to list out my pros and cons for this episode, but couldn't think of any real pros - except for one.

So here goes - Shivani and Sahil's little moment at the office, before they both get the phone cals was really sweet. We saw him making tea for the both of them and aww :D But on a more serious note, little things like this do show how this is an equal relationship, not the general ones we see where it's always the woman making the coffee/tea except for the morning after when the husband decides to be extra sweet and nice ROFL

As for the not so pros for this episode -

1) Shivani's Parents Meet Rajlakshmi (Sahil's and Anoop's Mother) & The Truth is Out
(This was the entire first half of the episode) - See. I was going to say this was a complete con, but then am happy that the truth is out to Shivani's parents this quickly. They've pinned hopes on Sahil and Shivani, seen the couple grow over the two years and had come with high expectations for their daughter's wedding only to have them all come crashing down as Rajlakshmi barely greets them well - sure, she's polite, but very distant, and Shivani's parents immediately notice something is off. When Rajlakshmi says that the wedding isn't possible, that they've already chosen someone else for Sahil, then although the parents look disappointed, Shivani's father doesn't give up. But he's shot down very quickly once again =/

Seriously - I can't imagine what those parents are going through, and I'm happy that this was highlighted in the episode. I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is a relatively common situation, maybe not exactly the way it was depicted, but the entire one family agrees and the other doesn't. And that's depressing. When two individuals do love each other, do seem mature enough to make their own decisions - then there shouldn't be an issue, should there?

2) Rajlakshmi - Man. This woman is so overpowering. The entire time she was speaking to Shivani's parents, I was absolutely positively cringing. She wasn't outright rude, but she was very aloof - that's the word LOL. It really seemed like she was looking down on them, I don't know if anyone else got that feeling, but I didn't like it at all.

And the way she controlled what Netra would and would not say when she called Sahil, whether or not they would tell Anoop about Shivani's parents coming over - I didn't like that. Way too controlling woman. They are both your sons. Why should what happened in their own home be kept hidden from them? Especially the way she treats Anoop. It scares me because it seems like she doesn't let him have his own thoughts, his own sense of independence. I just hope she doesn't treat Mansi poorly just because she seems to dislike Anoop. o.o

And sadly enough, that was the crux of the episode, except for the snippets where Anoop's family is invited over to Mansi's. Naina Bhabhi didn't seem so bad today but we know she's going to turn out to be negative =/

Precap: It had me quite happy actually. I like how Anoop actually told his Mum and Sahil to stop fighting because they were at Mansi's house - he actually raised his voice! Shocked ShockedShocked But then he comes out to see Mansi - and I guess they end up arguing about the involvement of parents or something like that. Didn't get to finish it. But I'm excited about tomorrow's epi :D

Anywho, your thoughts on today's episode?

Note: This isn't a Written Update, and is strictly my point of view on today's episode - so I didn't cover everything that happened, just the parts I wanted to LOL

Edited by Naina2127 - 20 August 2012 at 11:33am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

vandana.bandaruSejal_Desaiarmanmallikjenifer123HridiRahma11jolly_flAqibaa_19SunshinegirllShanUlas

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shivani's Parents! - August 20th!" in Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aqibaa_19

Goldie

Aqibaa_19

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
awesome analysis naina...agree to u ...sharing my bits here

the sahil-shivani scene...their initial scenes did not click with me..but i found them really cute in this scene...sweet scene..i liked it...
i really felt bad for shivani's parents..they must have been in a very awkward situation..btw we know that they are going to elope..but i am thinking whether it will be with shivani's parents blessings n if they would be at their marriage...hmm if yes...we are sure in for a lot of drama..

sahil's mom...god..she is cold..really cold n aloof..n how controlling is she.. she even controlled netra from telling the truth..Confused..really dont know what role she will play in the future...
n yes thankfully they revealed the truth to shivani's parents...they did not dragged it...i like...Smile
naina bhabi..as of now she is playing sweet,..but it seems she will very soon gonna turn negative or mayb a grey shaded character..

precap is really interesting...anop finally answered.Smile..n they started their argument at mansi's house itself...Shocked..lets see what anop answers mansi..n if this is where they will start conversing...Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..Naina..

ShanUlas

IF-Sizzlerz

ShanUlas

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
u said it all dear anyways like u I too felt same for that coffe issue

I can see Sahil soon getting a joru ka gulaam tag from his great Mom

Just want the Shaadi of Sahil and Shivani a real filmy one as its the only way to take a high jump in trp for this all so common show

..Naina..

Rahma11

Rahma11

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
I really like how you highlighted those things, I agree I think Shivani's parents handled it pretty well, I don't like how Sahil's mother seem's to be dominating everyone in the family, everyone else seems to be more open to this relationship than her. 

The way she treats Anoop gives me the idea that maybe Anoop is adopted, or something else because it's more a sense of ahsan then it is love if you know what I mean. 

Moving on to the precap, I think this whole argument about marrying a girl of your parents choice this will cause a flashback to the Shivani maansi argument, and hopefully maansi won't be as stubborn this time and hopefully more understanding is created between the two!

..Naina..

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.