Kevin: Hangin' with Ashlee olsen!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Here's what I love about the SIMPSON family (JOE, JESSICA, ASHLEE and Momma TINA): they are truly living the American Dream, and they are doing it the old-school way, PT Barnum-style.

Every time I see one of them there is always something new -- another venture, another movie, another album. The latest: Ashlee's new tour. Now here's the thing about Ashlee -- you can say what ya want about what happend on "Saturday Night Live," and you can question her singing abilities, but remember this... she has sold more then six million records. The girl knows how to sell records and grab headlines.

It's a family thing; Jessica is no different. At the ALMA Awards (they celebrate Hispanic achievement in media), Jessica stole the show and was the big story with her new hairdo. The pictures of her were everywhere, and the video was all over our show. The catch: it was a wig, from Jessica's new line of wigs. Once again the Simpson family ... makin' it happen, and I loved it. I hope the pictures sold a million wigs. As I said, they are the PT Barnums of the New Millenium.

Back to Ashlee. She invited us out to see how preparations are going for her summer tour and it was pretty cool. I have followed Ashlee for awhile and was the first journalist to speak with her after she performed at the Radio Music Awards, just days following the "Saturday Night Live" mishap. The funny thing about that interview was that I had a stumble. I fumbled over my words as she was walking up, and that became a funny little portion of Ashlee's reality show on MTV. So the first thing I did when I saw her recently was remind her that I got clowned on national TV by her show. It was funny, and cute.

Like Jessica, Ashlee gets it, so she took us behind the scenes and showed us a few of the backstage secrets. But perhaps the best secret was an introduction to her new boyfriend BRAXTON, a guitarist in the band. According to Ashlee they have been dating for about a year, and the Hawaiian native is really laidback about the whole thing.

As a matter of fact, we spent alot of the downtime together while Ashlee handled other business, talking about his guitars and awesome headphones. He really is unfazed about the fact that he dates one of the biggest celebrities in the world.